Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Electrostatic Super Tweeter Humming Bird (Sold)

2 posters

Go down

Electrostatic Super Tweeter Humming Bird (Sold) Empty Electrostatic Super Tweeter Humming Bird (Sold)

Post by STC Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:09 pm

Hi guys/gals, reluctantly letting go my electrostatic super tweeter. See image for details. Currently,Icon Audio UK is selling it for UK$499. Please let me know if you are interested.

You can view from 6Moon how they have placed the Super Tweeter.

Condition - 8/10. Comes with a beautiful wooden case. Comes with own power supply. Working perfectly.
Price ( Sold)

Thank you.
ST

Electrostatic Super Tweeter Humming Bird (Sold) Hummin11[list=1][*]

Last edited by STC on Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:14 am; edited 4 times in total
STC
STC
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2010-08-15

Character sheet
Source(s): Ambiophonics setup.
Amplification:
Speakers: Electrostatics

https://stchelvam.wixsite.com/ambiophonics3dstereo

Back to top Go down

Electrostatic Super Tweeter Humming Bird (Sold) Empty Re: Electrostatic Super Tweeter Humming Bird (Sold)

Post by Rijang Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:59 pm

Are you still interested in selling? PM me if you are.

Rijang
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-09-07

Back to top Go down

Electrostatic Super Tweeter Humming Bird (Sold) Empty Re: Electrostatic Super Tweeter Humming Bird (Sold)

Post by STC Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:18 am

Dear Comrades in HiFi,
I am sorry that I didn't reply to some messages and SMS. I hope I can make myself clear with this posting to some of your frequently asked questions:-

1) I am using Harbeth SHL5 which already got a super tweeter but limited to 22kHz ( hardly a definition of a super tweeter but I guess it is marketing talk). The crossover point of Harbeth super tweeter is almost the same as my preferred setting for the  Humming Bird'ls super tweeter which in my opinion is not an ideal solution to have two crossovers at the same frequencies cut off. Furthermore, Harbeth thin wall approach is not suitable for placing  heavy objects on top of it as it can affect the cabinet resonance.

2) the reason I am selling is that I do not spend long hours like I used to and hardly have the time to tweak and experiment. Therefore, the tweeters and two power stabilizers ( to be listed soon) are for sale. Now that I am happy with Ambiophonics I can use the extra money
to buy the TacT Ambiophonics. Wink

3) the effect of a super tweeter is subtle. You can increase the volume of tweeters to hear the super tweeter but that is not the correct way to utilize the super tweeter.  It should integrate like a good subwoofer.

4) You need one power point for each tweeters like all electrostatic speakers.

5) by adding a super tweeter,  it works like a three way speakers. You can wire straight from your amplifier or tap straight from the speakers terminals. Sam e principle as   Jumper cables or bi wiring. 

Since I am new to selling things I may have misunderstood the buyers sentiment. Giving a little satisfaction to buyers bargaining the price may have helped to concluded the sale much sooner. Perhaps, I should reprice the tweeter RM1800 and state the price is negotiable but now it too late as I have fixed at RM1500 ( firm and non negotiable) but lesson learnt. Smile

Thank you.
STC
STC
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2010-08-15

Character sheet
Source(s): Ambiophonics setup.
Amplification:
Speakers: Electrostatics

https://stchelvam.wixsite.com/ambiophonics3dstereo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down