Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Balanced VS Single Ended Headphones

Go down

Balanced VS Single Ended Headphones Empty Balanced VS Single Ended Headphones

Post by elhefe Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:04 pm

Eversince I got the Bryston headphone amp, there is a strong urge for me to experience what balanced headphone is all about. My quest for this was fulfilled by a kind offer made by a fellow forummer here whom lent me not only his Stax headphone but also the matching amplifier. And a big thank you to Bal for his kind offer.

Fortunately, Bal's instinct on his Stax headphones to my Bryston amp was spot on. The Stax headphone jack does not fit my Bryston amp. The Stax came with a 5 pin jack and Bryston only have 4 pin. So, I listend to the Stax using its own matching amp.

This is not about Stax VS my Alessandro Grado but its about experiencing a balanced headphone and compare it with a single ended one.

Been listening to both of them for a few days now but will give it till this weekend before commenting and returning the the set to Bal.

Balanced VS Single Ended Headphones Whatsa11
elhefe
elhefe

Number of posts : 1371
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Character sheet
Source(s): Kronos PRO, Clearaudio Solutions AMG Wood, SONY MD, SONY HAP Z1 ES, HiFi ROSE RS150, ROON Nucleus, Aavik D280 DAC
Amplification: McIntosh MA9000, SPL Audio Phono
Speakers: Borresen X3, PMC Twenty5 26i, PMC Twenty LCR, PMC Twenty Sub, ARCAM AVR20, JL Audio Sub, Ascendo Sub.

http://www.notanotherhifiblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down