Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Why all HDMI cables are the same

3 posters

Go down

Why all HDMI cables are the same Empty Why all HDMI cables are the same

Post by cyh Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:11 am

Hi,
Found this site. Interesting read.

http://asia.cnet.com/why-all-hdmi-cables-are-the-same-62219179.htm
cyh
cyh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Back to top Go down

Why all HDMI cables are the same Empty Re: Why all HDMI cables are the same

Post by elhefe Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:37 am

Interesting read indeed. The debate is always based on the digital platform of 1 and 0.

But do we really belief that nothing, I mean absolutely nothing in the signal path of the 1 and 0 from source to TV and speakers can actually effect the sound or picture?

I, at one point belief that. Until I saw the simple demo by Jo Ki using his hard disk. By just laying the bare hard disk in a different position already changes the sound. Let alone when different material of base support were used from wood, metal, rubber etc.

May not be an apple to apple comparison with the article but the article's bottom line section contradicts its own explanation.

Better made does not have to mean more expensive? A company which needs to put in more capital to get better materials and manufacturing quality will have to sell the HDMI cable at the same price as the ones wich have less manufacturing quality?

Pricing to me is actually disconnected from what the the cable does. Pricing is influenced by cost, the company's reputation etc.

The problem to me is when one company charges USD 1000 and the other is USD50 for the SAME exact product just because they have a stronger market name.

Well...thats just me.

Why all HDMI cables are the same Whatsa11
elhefe
elhefe

Number of posts : 1371
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Character sheet
Source(s): Kronos PRO, Clearaudio Solutions AMG Wood, SONY MD, SONY HAP Z1 ES, HiFi ROSE RS150, ROON Nucleus, Aavik D280 DAC
Amplification: McIntosh MA9000, SPL Audio Phono
Speakers: Borresen X3, PMC Twenty5 26i, PMC Twenty LCR, PMC Twenty Sub, ARCAM AVR20, JL Audio Sub, Ascendo Sub.

http://www.notanotherhifiblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Why all HDMI cables are the same Empty Re: Why all HDMI cables are the same

Post by STC Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:37 pm

elhefe wrote:Interesting read indeed. The debate is always based on the digital platform of 1 and 0.

I too always believed in 1s and 0s but somehow preferred one over the other no matter what the comparative test results shows.

iTunes vs WMP vs Audiogate tells me that it is not all about 1s and zeroes. To my ears the Pro tool Audiogates digital out sounded plain and flat of the three. 16 bit 44.1kHz from the three different MPs can sound different?! Yes....at least to me.
STC
STC
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2010-08-15

Character sheet
Source(s): Ambiophonics setup.
Amplification:
Speakers: Electrostatics

https://stchelvam.wixsite.com/ambiophonics3dstereo

Back to top Go down