Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Ceraballs...

+2
bal
JediSavant
6 posters

Go down

Ceraballs... Empty Ceraballs...

Post by JediSavant Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:22 pm

...made an awesome improvement when placed under my Rega Planar 3 turntable. Everything just increased dramatically, except for background noise. These increases were in a good way, very pleasant, and exciting.

Most noticeable were mid bass and bass, along with air up top and a definitive strengthening in the resolution department. Mids and voices are much more strongly focused and seem to pop that little bit more.

These are being used narrow side up under the plinth, right next to the stock rubber feet, which are currently hanging in mid-air....
JediSavant
JediSavant
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Character sheet
Source(s): RegaPlanar3 w DenonDL103
Amplification: Exposure 2010s2
Speakers: SonusFaberToyTower

Back to top Go down

Ceraballs... Empty Re: Ceraballs...

Post by bal Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:14 pm

Jedi-Dude man, long time no hear. Glad to hear your impressions of the cera testicles. Are they the same make as the mellinium cera cones being offered by a gentleman on our fine forum as well? Keenly interested where you got dem balls....got dealer here?
Do tell...
Ah-Bal. afro

bal

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Character sheet
Source(s): CEC T2, Oppo blu ray, mac mini running Audirvana thro Teac ud 501 dac
Amplification: conrad Johnson, Oddessy Khartago mono b
Speakers: maggie 1.7

Back to top Go down

Post by JediSavant Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:24 pm

Hey Bal-ster!

These are made by Finite Element, available from the poison den aka Audio Image aka Poison Master aka Uncle Adrian!....

I believe they are the "Ori" CeramicTestes as opposed to the "Kopi" ones... just stuck another two pairs of CeraGuli's under my phono stage... rockin' n rollin' and am gonna be late picking up my parents to go out for dinner....
JediSavant
JediSavant
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by bal Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:27 pm

Gee-tau- looi? ( how much money, in Cantonese... i think...) to buy these babies?

bal

Character sheet
Source(s): CEC T2, Oppo blu ray, mac mini running Audirvana thro Teac ud 501 dac

Back to top Go down

Post by JediSavant Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:36 pm

Retail is RM690.00 I believe, for a set of four. Comes in a nifty cute little carry case for those occasions when you might want to take your ballz to play on someone else's system or simply for a walk around the neighbourhood...

Colours are silver or black and I think there are only silver ones left for now...
JediSavant
JediSavant
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:56 pm

Today is poison day I guess...received a message from another fellow forummer on his new found joy in TT...and now Mr Jedi doing his part on balls.....heheheh. Good for you bro....

Ceraballs... Whatsa11
elhefe
elhefe

Number of posts : 1371
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Character sheet
Source(s): Kronos PRO, Clearaudio Solutions AMG Wood, SONY MD, SONY HAP Z1 ES, HiFi ROSE RS150, ROON Nucleus, Aavik D280 DAC
Amplification: McIntosh MA9000, SPL Audio Phono
Speakers: Borresen X3, PMC Twenty5 26i, PMC Twenty LCR, PMC Twenty Sub, ARCAM AVR20, JL Audio Sub, Ascendo Sub.

http://www.notanotherhifiblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JediSavant Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:05 pm

OY!!! Mr Moderator!!!

Bila mau pigi pasang muzik kuat kuat kau kau??
JediSavant
JediSavant
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:19 pm

Wei... 3rd baby coming soon... Trying to re-accustom to headphone world at least till the baby turn 6 months... ProAc doing a lot of rest now...Sad

Ceraballs... Whatsa11
elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet
Source(s): Kronos PRO, Clearaudio Solutions AMG Wood, SONY MD, SONY HAP Z1 ES, HiFi ROSE RS150, ROON Nucleus, Aavik D280 DAC
Speakers: Borresen X3, PMC Twenty5 26i, PMC Twenty LCR, PMC Twenty Sub, ARCAM AVR20, JL Audio Sub, Ascendo Sub.

Back to top Go down

Post by j22 Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:24 pm

Ceraballs... I have over half a dozen sets, use them under my speakers, amps, sources, rice cooker, everything...

I find the most significant improvements are when they are used under speakers. Even my 2ch setup improved leaps and bounds when I put the (unused) center speaker on them 'balls.

For really heavy amps or speakers you can also consider ponying up for Cerapucs at around twice the price.

j22
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 199

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:31 pm

Tempted tempted...

Ceraballs... Whatsa11
elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by JediSavant Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:11 am

Babies have to be accustomed to fine sound. Try hooking the headphones over their ears, while driving them with the Best Of The Mickey Mouse Club album, or the Sensational Sesame Street Compilation.... or just simply blast the ProAcs. If they get used to it, they'll sleep thru anything... but man, you are quite the breeder! Kudos!! Now we know what you been doing other than listening to your system!!

J22: I haven't attempted the rice cooker application of the Ceraballs, but am considering seriously using a few under my electric kettle in the hope that the resulting boiled water would be softer and more conducive to the fine steeping of precious tea leaves. Perhaps using them under my tea-pan would help ensure a more stable and intense tea-making experience.

Right now i'm warming up the CD player before tuning it with yet another 3 ballz.

I was up spinning records till 2.30 am, constantly awed by how good things sound now on vinyl. I never imagined that Led Zeppelin 2 could be such an amazing listening experience. Bonham's drums simply thudded straight and true in my chest with the panning guitar tracks dancing right before my eyes in holographic intensity.

Will report soon on what them ballz do to my CD player, which is an ancient Holfi Xara.
JediSavant
JediSavant
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:27 pm

See lah my Avatar...my daughter is fully accustom hehehe.... and if you search on youtube...you will see my daughter running around happily when I blast Metallica Master of Puppets Smile

There are other pleasure beyond hifi Smile

Ceraballs... Whatsa11
elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nic_wei Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:50 am

I have total of 7 sets FE Cera Footers (almost all of their range), have another 2 set sets of Cerapucs are standby to replace Ceraballs under my speaker stand. These Cera footers improve the sound dramatically, I love them very much. lol!
FYI each type FE Cera Footer work best for certain weight range, you should choose the right one for you equipment. You can refer to FE Cera Footers Efficiency & Sonic Rating. Smile

nic_wei
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Character sheet
Source(s): Gold Note
Amplification: Chord
Speakers: Dynaudio

Back to top Go down

Post by bal Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:05 am

sigh. Looks like i have no choice now. Any one know what time Audio Image open, and if they are open today? Me and my worn out over-used credit card have to pay Adrian a visit...

Bal..only the 5th and already my backside pocket going to koyak...What a Face

bal

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by JediSavant Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:15 pm

Call him....LOL
JediSavant
JediSavant
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by bal Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:38 pm

Been experimenting with the set of 4 that jedi-Dude very kindly nicked from Adrian for me to play with.
After moving them about, under cdp, under dac, under speakers (my maggies only need 2 each, so 4 was enough), i found the greatest difference was under my power amp. Not to say there was no difference under the others, there certainly was, but the biggest omg moment was when i chucked all 4 under the power amp, placing 2 close to the transformer. Sound stage opened up wide wide wide, and deeper as well. so 3D so palpable.

Probably going to end up buying one set for under everything now.... sigh. Now i know why they call it poison. And i am soooo addicted.

Bal, about to break the piggy bank... tongue

bal

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nic_wei Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:57 pm

Hi Bro Bal,

For me, use 1 Cera Footer near transformer (use 2 if your equipment have 2 transformers) & the others distribute the weight equally have best effect.
I bought my Ceraballs some time ago, I was very happy with it. Until I try Cerabase (under my power amp & rack), my system improve a lot.
You can choose Cera Footer base on the Efficiency + Sonic Rating table below. They are more improvement when you use the right Cera Footer for your equipments.
Enjoy your Cera Footer upgrade journey. Smile

Ceraballs... Pictur10

nic_wei
Club Member
Club Member

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by bal Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:00 pm

Many thanks my friend. Good of you to share that chart. i may add some weight on to the cd player to make it between 5-10kg so the ceraball works better. i noticed that ceraballs get 4 star (or 4 black dots, which is the same thing i presume) for weight between 5-10kg. Perhaps that's why it sounds so much better under my heavier power amp than on my lighter cd player. Thanks for allowing me this new information.

Bal Very Happy

bal

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Wikin Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:14 pm

Err, some shameless advertisement for myself here:

https://www.hifi4sale.net/t29813-ball-bearing-isolation-cone?highlight=isolation

To be honest these are not just blind 'kopi-o' products, they have been improved upon and best of all it's a service I provide to forrumers here for cost savings purposes yet retain all the benefits of what good isolation can bring to the system. At rm200, to be honest, will cost less that what you'll loose if you'd have to sell your 2nd hand 'real-deal' ceramic bola isolator. Very Happy

cheers.
Wikin
Wikin
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Character sheet
Source(s): PC Audio
Amplification: Tri Amping Active
Speakers: High Eff Open Baffle

Back to top Go down

Post by nic_wei Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:01 pm

You are welcome bro. Smile
The table is for reference only. Shift the footer around, to find best sound to your ears. You can try use 3 Ceraballs instead of 4, 3 is more easy to level your equipment than 4 (when you use 4 Ceraballs, 1 Ceraball may not touching your equipment due to uneven platform).
Everyone have their own preference, no right or wrong. Trust your ears.
BTW I am using 4 Ceraballs under my CDP, 1 under transformer, 1 under CD tray & other 2 distribute the weight equally. I compared 3 Cerapucs with 4 Ceraballs under my CDP, I prefer the later. lol!

nic_wei
Club Member
Club Member

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by JediSavant Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:04 pm

Three points describe a plane... Basic mathematics reflected in the real world, hence, 3 feet always easier to level and find a balance. I'm a fan of three per equipment piece.

After some recent changes to equipment and set up, I currently have 6 Ceraballs deployed: 3 under the phono stage, one roughly under where the transformer is, and 3 under the integrated amplifier, with one roughly under the transformer.

I'll get around to setting up the CD player again and will try it with a standard triangle first before trying out Nic's suggestion of one under the trannie and one under the tray!
JediSavant
JediSavant
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by JediSavant Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:17 pm

Bingo!! I think there's a winning formula there with the triple ball treatment of the CD player.

Bal, I don't think it's a good idea to increase the weight of the CDP in order to match the recommendations of the info chart. It could detrimentally effect the chassis of the CD player as well as conductivity especially if you use some kind of weird metallic weight like an Oscar or Grammy statue.
JediSavant
JediSavant
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down