Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Cat Stevens-Tea For Tillerman LP

Go down

Cat Stevens-Tea For Tillerman LP Empty Cat Stevens-Tea For Tillerman LP

Post by TheVinlyShop Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:05 am

Label: Analogue Productions
Genre: Folk Rock
Product No.: AAPP 9135
Format: 200 Gram Vinyl Record

Notes
Description

"The best recording in my 4000+ collection. Full stop, period, exclamation mark...! - Atul Kanagat, Acoustic Sounds customer

"Chad, I just spent the afternoon listening to several versions of Cat Stevens' Tea For The Tillerman. My Tea For The Tillerman collection includes: Mobile Fidelity UHQR, standard MFSL, original Island, Island re-issue, A&M audiophile half-speed, standard A&M issues and a French pressing. After listening there is no question the new Analogue Productions re-issue is by far the finest. Great job!" - Jack Lind, Acoustic Sounds customer

"These (two new LPs from Reference Recordings) and Analog Production's remastering of Tea for the Tillerman were both pressed at Quality Record Pressings, the superb Salina, Kansas, facility, and they are the best and the quietest LPs I've heard of recordings made during the LP era. In a sense, the silences of QRP's pressings, their lack of those hard-to-define anomalies of stylus-in-groove sonics, are comparable to the kind of quietness inherent in a magnetic-drive turntable...QRP has put its best feet forward. 'Spectacular' in this case means a freedom from defects (snaps, crackles, and pops) and an absence of groove noise and what I would call vinyl 'rumble,' hard to define except by contrast with normal pressings." - Harry Pearson, The Absolute Sound, January 2012 (or Issue 219)

"...All you really need to know is that in every way this first effort from 'QRP' is of the highest quality...gatefold packaging which looks just like the original, only better. As far as the sound goes it is equally brilliant...And wow listening to this impeccably pressed on 200g vinyl reissue. The attack of the pick on the guitar strings is astonishingly clean and detailed. Depth is pronounced and because of both the blackness of the backdrop and the precision of both the state-of-the-art plating and the technological breakthroughs achieved in the retro-fitted presses, the resolution of low-level detail reveals a host of details that are either buried or glossed over on the other versions I've heard and own." - Jack Roberts, Dagogo, October 2011

"...Like the glossy gatefold covers used in their deluxe Impulse 45 RPM series, the cover reproduction here is absolutely top-notch...The vinyl itself arrived perfectly clean and flat, and played with nary a pop or tic throughout...The pressing is of extremely high quality." - My Vinyl Review, August 29, 2011

"...so many arrangement nooks and crannies to be discovered on this superbly dynamic, spacious and detailed re-mastering and pressing...And wow again listening to this impeccably pressed on 200g vinyl reissue. The attack of the pick on the guitar strings is astonishingly clean and detailed. Depth is pronounced and because of both the blackness of the backdrop and the precision of both the state of the art plating and the technological breakthroughs achieved in the retro-fitted presses, the resolution of low level detail reveals a host of details that are either buried or glossed over on the other versions I've heard and own...Tea For The Tillerman is a great choice for an inaugural album to launch a new pressing plant in my opinion, and if this release is any indication of what we can expect from Chad Kassem's new venture, we're in for some great vinyl!!!!!" Music = 10/11; Sound = 10/11 - Michael Fremer, musicangle.com, July 2011

Cat Stevens-Tea For Tillerman LP Aapp_910

Price:RM195
The Vinyl Shop 0321100584
Sungei Wang Plaza

TheVinlyShop
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 323
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down