Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Out LP

Go down

Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Out LP Empty Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Out LP

Post by TheVinlyShop Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:50 pm

Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Out

Label: Analogue Productions
Genre: Jazz
Product No.: AAPJ 8192-45
Category: 45 RPM Vinyl Record

No. of Discs: 2
Note: 200 gram

Analogue Productions and Quality Record Pressings present the definitive Time Out by The Dave Brubeck Quartet

First time reissued as a gatefold jacket, with rare black and white photos from the Columbia Studios recording session. Heavy-duty chipboard shell stock by Stoughton Printing

200-gram, double LP set cut at 45 RPM by Bernie Grundman and pressed at Quality Record Pressings

"The results speak for themselves: the platters from QRP are in my experience the most consistently flat and quiet being pressed today ... at least for the foreseeable here and now, Analogue Productions' newly mastered 45 RPM (Brubeck) is the edition to own. You'll hear it right from the familiar piano intro to "Blue Rondo a la Turk," where Brubeck's playing seems richer, more lyrical, more rhythmically alive. It seems to me that as our gear gets ever more quiet, these QRP LPs continue to wring more musical nuance from the finest recordings." — Music = 5/5; Sound = 5/5 — Wayne Garcia, The Absolute Sound, January 2013.

“I've now heard a number of LPs from Quality Record Pressings (QRP), Chad Kassem's year-and-a-half-old record-pressing plant. Before Time Out, I would have said that some positive trends were apparent from the earlier LPs I've heard. However, this current pressing is so much better than those that came before it, which were certainly very good, that it's obvious things have improved considerably over the past year. It's a positive sign when the noise floor is defined by the hiss of the master tape, not the quality of the pressing or vinyl, and that's the case here. Having heard many, many Pallas and RTI pressings, the main competition for QRP, I would say that QRP pressings combine the strengths of both its competitors: the very low surface noise and bottom-of-the-groove quiet of Pallas LPs and the sharp delineation of musical detail of RTI." — Sound = 4.5/5; Music = 5/5 — Marc Mickelson, The Audio Beat, August 2012

Virtually all serious and even casual music lovers ought to be familiar with, or at least are likely to have heard The Dave Brubeck Quartet, even without realizing it — for the quartet's best-known hit "Take Five" has graced the soundtracks of multiple films, including "Mighty Aphrodite," "Pleasantville" and "Constantine."

Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Out LP Aapj_812

Price:RM290
The vinyl shop 0321100584,0321439406
Sungei wang plaza

TheVinlyShop
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 323
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down