Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Sonny Rollins - Way Out West LP

Go down

Sonny Rollins - Way Out West LP Empty Sonny Rollins - Way Out West LP

Post by TheVinlyShop Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:06 am

Sonny Rollins - Way Out West

Label: Analogue Productions
Genre: Jazz
Product No.: AAPJ 008
Category: 180 Gram Vinyl Record

Mastered off the original 2-track tape recorded with a tube AKG-C12 microphone on a tube Ampex 350 machine. Features Ray Brown on bass and Shelly Manne on drums. Over his long and distinguished career, Sonny Rollins has made many dozens of albums. Among those recorded during the fifties, Prestige's Movin' Out and Colossus, Blue Note's A Night at the Village Vanguard, Riverside's The Sound of Sonny, and Way Out West on Contemporary qualify as all-time Rollins classics.

The session for Way Out West, Rollins' first ever in California, was called for 3 a.m. to accommodate everyone's busy schedules. Sonny, who could never be accused of overstatement, announced after four hours of recording: "I'm hot now."

Mastered by Doug Sax.

"Way Out West is a piano-less trio - another va-va-vivid Roy DuNann production - with Rollins spinning quirky geometric patterns through odd standards like 'I'm an Old Cow Hand.'" - Fred Kaplan, The Absolute Sound, December 2005 (included in Kaplan's "Best-Sounding Jazz LPs")
Sonny Rollins - Way Out West LP Aapj_010
Price:RM145
The vinyl shop 0321100584,0321439406
Sungei wang plaza

TheVinlyShop
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 323
Registration date : 2012-11-13

Back to top Go down