Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Vintage Harman Kardon 430 twin powered receiver (Sold)

Go down

Vintage Harman Kardon 430 twin powered receiver (Sold) Empty Vintage Harman Kardon 430 twin powered receiver (Sold)

Post by HiFiLab Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:53 am

Vintage Harman Kardon 430 twin powered receiver (Sold) 20131056

Vintage Harman Kardon 430 twin powered receiver (Sold) 20131057

Vintage Harman Kardon 430 twin powered receiver (Sold) 20131058

Made In Japan

HK430 Stereo Receiver (25 watts x 2)
FIRST MANUFACTURED: 1976
LAST MANUFACTURED: 1977
SPECIFICATIONS: Tuner Section
Capture Ratio : 2.5dB
Image Rejection : 60dB
Spurious Response Rejection : 50dB
Alternate Channel Selectivity : 60dB
Total Harmonic Distortion : MONO - 0.6%STEREO - 0.7%

Amplifier Section
Power Output : 25 watts RMS/ch, both driven into 8 ohms 20Hz - 20kHz,w/Power Bandwidth : 10Hz - 40kHZ at Frequency Response : 20Hz - 20kHz +/-0.5dB4Hz - 140kHz, -3dB
Rise Time : SQUARE WAVE - Square Wave Tilt : Total Harmonic Distortion : Intermodulation Distortion : Hum and Noise : Better than 65dB below rated output
Damping Factor : 40

Harman Kardon 430.
 I really like the look of this receiver with its timeless, simple and elegant design. 

Harman Kardon receivers and their tube-like sound, especially some of the low wattage units and I must say,

The first thing I noticed is how loud this receiver is. 
While it is only 25 watts per channel, it sounds much louder than that and I barely get the volume control past 10 o’clock. 

This characteristic is probably due to the receiver’s unique “dual mono” design, which leverages two transformers and two fairly large capacitors per channel.

To my ears, this really makes a difference in sound quality compared to other ‘70s silver faced receivers. In addition to more volume you get great clarity and detail.  With the dual power supplies the receiver does not need to break a sweat to deliver sweet sounds.  Treble is crisp and clean and bass is deep and controlled. 

However, the thing that really got my attention was how fast and rhythmic this receiver is.  Many of my other vintage receivers sound plodding in comparison. Very impressive.  It sounds great through headphones and the phono stage is also very good,

This is definitely a keeper and is what buying vintage stereo is all about – fantastic build quality, great looks and superb sound. 

Price : RMSold

Last edited by HiFiLab on Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sold)

HiFiLab
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 2967
Registration date : 2011-03-12

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down