Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Record Cleaning Fluid

5 posters

Go down

Record Cleaning Fluid Empty Record Cleaning Fluid

Post by elhefe Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:12 pm

Hello all,

What do everyone else use to clean LP?

I have been using dishwasher soap with warm water all these while but a a few days ago, I tried this Clear Groove fluid, purchased in Amcorp mall.

It seems to do a better job to remove the stickier and more gooey stuff from the LPs. With the dishwasher soap, I had to clean old LPs two or three times but with this fluid, only once.

Care to share your fluid formula here or u guys have same experience with Clear Groove?

Record Cleaning Fluid Whatsa11
elhefe
elhefe

Number of posts : 1371
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Character sheet
Source(s): Kronos PRO, Clearaudio Solutions AMG Wood, SONY MD, SONY HAP Z1 ES, HiFi ROSE RS150, ROON Nucleus, Aavik D280 DAC
Amplification: McIntosh MA9000, SPL Audio Phono
Speakers: Borresen X3, PMC Twenty5 26i, PMC Twenty LCR, PMC Twenty Sub, ARCAM AVR20, JL Audio Sub, Ascendo Sub.

http://www.notanotherhifiblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Record Cleaning Fluid Empty Re: Record Cleaning Fluid

Post by cmboy Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:38 pm

An suitable measure of diluted Amway LOC (Liquid Organic Cleaner) sponged on the LP on RCM for general cleaning and maintenance. Very dirty discs may need more than once and repeated till satisfaction. One or 2 drops of LOC to a big bowl of clean water is sufficient dilution. Entirely up to you to judge how many times.
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:17 am

Cmboy,

The LOC is the multipurpose cleaner right? Hiw much is it nowadays? Only can buy from Amway dealer right?

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet
Source(s): Kronos PRO, Clearaudio Solutions AMG Wood, SONY MD, SONY HAP Z1 ES, HiFi ROSE RS150, ROON Nucleus, Aavik D280 DAC
Speakers: Borresen X3, PMC Twenty5 26i, PMC Twenty LCR, PMC Twenty Sub, ARCAM AVR20, JL Audio Sub, Ascendo Sub.

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:40 pm

Yes, you can buy from any Amway dealer or the Amway HQ (Sect 14 PJ) where I suppose numerous distributor individuals are there. I usually buy a bottle or 2 and consistently using it for household chores. IMHO, its probably the among the very best product I've used for a long long time. 
Well, using it for record cleaning wasn't one of its primary purposes but I found it entirely suitable for the job and general maintenance. If your record is really filthy or unwashed for 30 years, a few rounds on the RCM will do the trick. Just imagine, if used in a certain chore with clean solution, clean cloth, it can wipe some contaminated glass surface to streak free, just like some ammonia based glass cleaner, although a specifically designed glass cleaner is obviously better suited for glass cleaning. I DO NOT use any glass cleaner for record cleaning although I've heard or seen some using this time and again. I don't fancy using something with ammonia chemical within a product as a cleaning agent for records, although its effectiveness is well known.
I'm here NOT to advertise for Amway, merely a long time and consistent user, found its entirely suitable if used with proper dilution with RCM or to touch up little dirty or contaminated areas. I even use it for wiping the hifi gear once a while. Its purely organic and bio degradable content. Safe for most surfaces AFAIK. I speak from very good experience using it. Wash car, mop the floor, wipe off furniture, wash my hands, etc, etc. I've given up the idea of concocting from numerous recipes of RC solutions or buying some commercial product. Its not common stuff you can pick up from Giant, Mydin, Speedmart99. I'm see limited choices and all can be pricy stuff pegged to US dollars. I'm not at liberty to ordering some nice fancy hyped up cleaning product from Evilbay either. 
It may pose as expensive per bottle but its savings for a very very long run as a multipurpose cleaning product. Bah!..if can afford some LP priced in 3 figures, whats the cost of this one bottle to last for long time and your wife can use it too around the home..no argument, no?
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by hangleng Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:00 pm

Can you please give us an exact formula how to get the correct mixture from LOC, thank you.

hangleng
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:48 pm

Couple of drops to a big bowl of water. DROPS!..not teaspoon, tablespoon or simply pour out from bottle. Maybe one teaspoon to a bucket for mopping floor. This ain't the same as floor mopping concentrate.
Downside is mix only what you likely use. This ain't to be stored in another bottle for future use. I mentioned its biodegradable stuff. 
Anymore needed to know, please ask your Amway distributor who sell you this to elaborate further, I'm cocksure they'd be most happy to talk to you for hours! Basketball
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:09 pm

Hey, I was an Amway distributor back in 2001 to 2004 heheheh... Was going for Robert Kiyosake Rich Dad Poor Dad concept...

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:31 pm

So, anyone tried this Amway LOC and with good results? 
Don't blame me if it doesn't work out, its only mere suggestion and works out for me or my own expectation. Of course you free to use any other kind of solution or cleaning agent.
I do not fancy using dishwashing liquid unless its a thorough deep wash with the label protected in some manner. This is for extreme cases of filth or 30 years never washed. Thereon one round with a RCM as a final step and future maintenance.
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by CT-Boy Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:46 pm

Have to buy LOC first.. Used to have a bottle. Finished already liao..
CT-Boy
CT-Boy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2010-01-24

Character sheet
Source(s): Pioneer PL-518X
Amplification: D'Bomb
Speakers: Monitor Audio RA252

Back to top Go down

Post by fizi Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:57 pm

hangleng wrote:Can you please give us an exact formula how to get the correct mixture from LOC, thank you.
Im using 1 cap of LOC to 1 normal size spray bottle Idea  so far satisfied with the result and this formula already been practise by my uncle more then 30 years. the old LOC product is different from the latest product..the old one greenish in colour and a bit thick (30 years back) now they come out with clear in colour and a bit watery.

If i not mistaken i bought it at Rm40++ per bottle (1 litre)...value for money Very Happy 

http://www.amway2u.com/mall_proddet.jsp?prrfnbr=4908

is there other valuable method please share Idea
fizi
fizi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1294
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Character sheet
Source(s): Analog - Lenco/Sota/Thorens/Roksan TT/Akai Reel Player / Digital - Ladiva
Amplification: DIY
Speakers: Harbeth/JBL?LINN

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:32 pm

I feel 1 cap to 1 bottle is too much. Really too much and its not what I learnt how to use it effectively. I presume most of your LP's aren't as dirty as a dinner table after a meal where a stronger solution may be of better effectiveness. The LP in general isn't that bad.
Put it this way, For a small bucket say a liter of water, say to clean some surface with cloth or sponge, I mix roughly half teaspoon or 2-3 drops to that bucket and that's sufficient for most cleaning chores. Too strong and it'll leave streaks, sticky and what nots, That's what I learnt from those days. A little goes a long way. Very long way! That, among savings are the whole idea about this product, among its strong marketing points, so I learned.
BTW, since it could be stored away for a very long time and sparingly used, the biodegradable property does change the concentrate color from clear to yellow over time, but still effective in its use.
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down