Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Philips CD-650 Vintage Belgium (sold)

Go down

Philips CD-650 Vintage Belgium (sold) Empty Philips CD-650 Vintage Belgium (sold)

Post by HiFiLab Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:43 am

Philips CD-650 Vintage Belgium (sold) P1030247

Philips CD-650 Vintage Belgium (sold) P1030248

Philips CD-650 Vintage Belgium (sold) P1030249

Philips CD-650 Vintage Belgium (sold) P1030250

Philips CD-650 Vintage Belgium (sold) P1030251

Made In Belgium

Philips CD 650 same identical model  with Magnavox CDB-650

Philips 1541 Chips inside, (sweet ,yummy yummy  Smile  )

Specifications:

- Manufacturer: Philips, Belgium
 - 4 x oversampling for 16-bit technology 
 - Philips oscillating drive: "CDM-2/10"
 - Channel inequality: 0.1 dB
 - Distortion (1 kHz) bei-10/-60 dB: < 0.01/0.5%
 - Programmable number of titles: 20
 - Running noise: quiet
 - Mean start time: 6.2 s
 - Medium Access time: 1.6 s
 - Digital Output: Coaxial
 - Fast forward/reverse
 - 3 speeds at the title search
 - With listening opportunities at the title search
 - Index election
 - Break automatic
 - Intro automatic
 - Loop playback
 - Programming: (title/playing/index/sequence)
 - Repeat: (title/program/plate)
 - Election title: (numeric /progressive)
 - High-grade aluminum front, brushed
 - gold-plated RCA jacks
 - Dimensions: 42 x 8.5 x 28 cm

Test in "Stereo" 5/1986: Top class!

Without wanting to get drawn into the “subjective versus objective” debate that rages in the pages of some overseas magazines, I have to say that the Philips CD players – the CD 650, that I have been auditioning over the past few weeks has not only some of the best specifications I have seen, but it has superb sound quality as well.

In looks this front loader follows the expected generic layout with the various controls all clearly marked and logically (ergonomically?) laid out.

The display functions show the usual information about tracks, indexes, playing times and so on.
But to the right of the facia there is a flip-out panel with 13 keys for individual track selection and input of programming details. As well there are three keys for storing, selecting and clearing.

Just below this there is a headphone socket (8-1000 ohms) with its own volume control. With my Beyer DT880′s I found the output just a little low in maximum volume on low level recordings but which more sensitive phones will have no trouble with.

The CD 650 comes with a remote control hand- piece also.

This particular Philips machine has a facility which the company calls Favourite Track Selection (FTS for short). That is, you can programme the player so that it memorises the playing order of selected tracks on any CD (it can handle up to 785 from up to 226 discs though the practical total number depends on the number of tracks stored from each CD).

It will play only those tracks whenever you insert the disc.

On the back, apart from the standard analogue outputs for cable connection to one’s preamplifier or amplifier, there are other sockets for an additionally filtered analogue output as well as connection of an alternative remote control.

There are also digital signal sockets for future CD applications such as digital signal processing or CD-ROM.

The most notable thing about the CD 650′s electronics is its use of Philips’ newly developed chips to improve digital filtering and digital-to-analogue conversion. This machine is the first of what truly, at last, can be called a “new generation”.

That is, it is not just a cosmetic repackaging of early technology but represents a step forward in electronic design. It is Philips first 16-bit 4-times oversampling machine in their range. The claimed virtues of this model over theu previous 14-bit players include those of greater headroom for dynamic range and noise reduction as well as better error correction, digital to analogue conversion and output filtering.

I have seen measurements and test results quoted in such magazines as Which Compact Disc? (July ’86), Hi-Fi News (August ’86) and Digital Audio (November ’86) and the plots and figures show the kind of technical performance one expects as the norm in most of today’s top players.

Is there anything I don’t like about the 650? Yes. The drawer seems a bit flimsy in construction. And I wish that the tray came all the way out of the machine so that the CD did not have to be slid in.

In summary,

the 650 delivers sound which is full ofimpact, tonal warmth and detail, and seems to be accurate with it. (On top class headphones the results are most impressive indeed). Anyone who still subscribes to the superstition that all digital engineering and all CDs are, per se, overbright, grainy, edgy, dry, unmusical etc etc, should try to audition a few on this new model.

Note : Come with Philips remote control

Price : RM sold

Last edited by HiFiLab on Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:21 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : sold)

HiFiLab
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 2967
Registration date : 2011-03-12

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down