Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Converting 300b SET amp to 2a3 SETAmp

2 posters

Go down

Converting 300b SET amp to 2a3 SETAmp Empty Converting 300b SET amp to 2a3 SETAmp

Post by mgf Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:23 pm

Hi,
I have a pair of used 300b monoblock which I hope to convert to 2a3 amp,any diy expert who can advise and help or recommend someone who can do it for a fee? Thanks in advance.Schematic here :-
http://users.otenet.gr/~athsam/audio_note_conquest_power_amp.htm

mgf

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Back to top Go down

Converting 300b SET amp to 2a3 SETAmp Empty Re: Converting 300b SET amp to 2a3 SETAmp

Post by vt4c Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:18 pm

Hi mgf,
    No DIY expert but just providing recomendation....study

To convert to a 2A3 PSE amp, the simplest approach will be to...

1.) Increase resistor R10, R11, R12 & R13 to 8.2K ohms
2.) Increase resistor R6 (power supply section) to 1.5K ohms.
3.) Change the filament supply to 2.5V (might be a concern as 2A3 need more current)

The other snag to this is that the gain might be a bit on the high side for a 2A3 PSE. Going passive volume control might be a good idea.

If your intention is to have a major revamp; then, you might want to ditch the 2 stage cascade 6SN7 for a single stage driver....plenty of of tubes that will work well here...The Russian 6E5P is one good candidate
vt4c
vt4c
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-05-09

Back to top Go down

Converting 300b SET amp to 2a3 SETAmp Empty Re: Converting 300b SET amp to 2a3 SETAmp

Post by mgf Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:49 am

Hi,
Thanks for your kind advice and modesty. I was told that among others the reliability of the transformer will be affected after the conversion so I'm having second thoughts now. Anyway all inputs and discussions are welcome because these are part of the fun of our hobby.

mgf

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down