Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Rotel RT950BX Tuner- Given away

Go down

Rotel RT950BX Tuner- Given away Empty Rotel RT950BX Tuner- Given away

Post by timurmusicfan Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:09 pm

First rate tuner, near CD sound quality. Very good with FM transmissions. Sounds 'hidup' as one of my audiophile friends put it.
Owned since 1998 and used sparingly (usually 3-4 hours on weekends).
Very heavy for  tuner (feels like an amp rather than tuner), thanks to the hefty power supply.
Some good reviews on Audioreview or other websites. Much better than my Pioneer F90 (one of the top pioneer tuners), Philips FT920 and Linn Classik tuners .

Fault: When connected to FM antenna, the signal will slowly fade out. Then no reception. After leaving it for a while, can work again. If you just connect a wire for antenna, the sound is not really great (due to poor reception) but can work for days on end without any problem.
Repairs tried: Changed tuning diodes. Been to two technicians (Kuantan & KL). Everytime, it works till I connect the FM antenna... Then back to square one.
Source of fault: Once I connected it to TV FM antenna that was unused. Great sound, but two weeks later this problem started... Rolling Eyes
Reason for sale: Giving up on repairing it.
Price: RM 100 ono 
Warning: only for those who can get it repaired or need it for spares.
Shipping: Free, within Malaysia.
Call me at 016-nine two two 7860 or PM for more information

Last edited by timurmusicfan on Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:53 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Given away)

timurmusicfan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2010-04-15

Back to top Go down