Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

There Is A New Rack In Town and Its Acoustic Platform Solutions!

3 posters

Go down

There Is A New Rack In Town and Its Acoustic Platform Solutions! Empty There Is A New Rack In Town and Its Acoustic Platform Solutions!

Post by elhefe Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:09 pm

For the believers of the importance of having proper racks, speaker stands, isolation platform etc in a hifi system, we now have a locally based; Malaysia brand product that have gone through extensive acoustic and product tests. Recently, I had the pleasure to chit chat with George and Dino, the two individual whom are behind this APS venture. Their vision is to offer the local hifi fraternity, products that is fully backed up by high technical standards.
There Is A New Rack In Town and Its Acoustic Platform Solutions! Img_2010

Before setting up the shop, APS collaborated with one of the local university to run tests on various materials including metal, acrylic, wood and composite. Dino, who has a Physics education background, is using the basis of design of reducing resonance and dissipate vibration as quickly as possible from the source. Using CAD and acoustic lab set up, APS have found that rubber wood seems to be the material that shows the best result. Wood, being (or used to be) a living organism, have a random cell arrangement that helps to dissipate vibration faster. APS is also is in partnership with a Danish design company that is based in Bangkok. The prototype was designed and built there. This arrangement will continue to cater for the demand from consumer. According to Dino who is also in charge of international market, there is also a plan for the product to be sold in UK through Richer Sounds and Superfi. Besides the material, APS also looked into various elements such as the number of pillars required, thickness of plinth, optimum angle for rack platform and even optimum number of screws required to assemble the stands. 
There Is A New Rack In Town and Its Acoustic Platform Solutions! Img_2011

The AV rack cut at 23 degree curve which have been found to provide better sound wave reflection.

While they have a standard design and size, APS also offer custom made racks and stands with various finishing. There are also a few options on the spikes and footer designs.

There Is A New Rack In Town and Its Acoustic Platform Solutions! Img_2012

There Is A New Rack In Town and Its Acoustic Platform Solutions! Img_2013

There Is A New Rack In Town and Its Acoustic Platform Solutions! Img_2014

There Is A New Rack In Town and Its Acoustic Platform Solutions! Img_2015

Dino - Da Man

There Is A New Rack In Town and Its Acoustic Platform Solutions! Img_2016

Greg will be there to assist you when you visit the shop

George (not featured here) have also set up a few of his personal hifi equipment on sale here. 
There Is A New Rack In Town and Its Acoustic Platform Solutions! Img_2017

There Is A New Rack In Town and Its Acoustic Platform Solutions! Img_2019

For anyone in the market for racks and stands, do visit APS in Amcorp Mall. They will help to make your music sing.
They are located at Lot 223, 2nd Floor.
Give George (012 2955266) or Greg (011 39300083) a call.

There Is A New Rack In Town and Its Acoustic Platform Solutions! Whatsa11
elhefe
elhefe

Number of posts : 1371
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Character sheet
Source(s): Kronos PRO, Clearaudio Solutions AMG Wood, SONY MD, SONY HAP Z1 ES, HiFi ROSE RS150, ROON Nucleus, Aavik D280 DAC
Amplification: McIntosh MA9000, SPL Audio Phono
Speakers: Borresen X3, PMC Twenty5 26i, PMC Twenty LCR, PMC Twenty Sub, ARCAM AVR20, JL Audio Sub, Ascendo Sub.

http://www.notanotherhifiblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

There Is A New Rack In Town and Its Acoustic Platform Solutions! Empty Re: There Is A New Rack In Town and Its Acoustic Platform Solutions!

Post by wingman Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:44 am

Hi El...

How different are they to "ATC" racks ( thats being sold within AMCorp) and price wise?

Thanks...
wingman
wingman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-08-10

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

There Is A New Rack In Town and Its Acoustic Platform Solutions! Empty Re: There Is A New Rack In Town and Its Acoustic Platform Solutions!

Post by elhefe Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:28 pm

Wingman,

ATS used acacia wood and also offer acrylic... and also storage cabinet for LP and CDs. 

For the speaker stand, APS does not install a metal plate at the bottom as oppose to ATS.

These are just physical differences. 

Performance wise... I am testing a pair from APS Smile

Price wise.... Speaker stands starts at RM650 and racks from RM1600.

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet
Source(s): Kronos PRO, Clearaudio Solutions AMG Wood, SONY MD, SONY HAP Z1 ES, HiFi ROSE RS150, ROON Nucleus, Aavik D280 DAC
Speakers: Borresen X3, PMC Twenty5 26i, PMC Twenty LCR, PMC Twenty Sub, ARCAM AVR20, JL Audio Sub, Ascendo Sub.

Back to top Go down

Post by alamdamai1 Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:05 pm

Hi Elhefe,

may i kindly enquire the starting price of $650 for stands is for 1 piece or a pair? moreover, how high are the stands? finally, does it come with adjustable floor spike or charge separately? many thanks for your reply...

alamdamai1
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2011-12-28

Character sheet
Source(s): Marantz UDP 7007
Amplification: Cyrus 6a, Naim NAP 100
Speakers: KEF Q900

Back to top Go down

Post by wingman Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:48 am

elhefe wrote:Wingman,

ATS used acacia wood and also offer acrylic... and also storage cabinet for LP and CDs. 

For the speaker stand, APS does not install a metal plate at the bottom as oppose to ATS.

El... Thanks...

The rubber wood with its porous or light weight structure may have good vibration absorption capabilities similar to the honeycomb inserts in certain platform's (Artwright computer tables had this composition) and hard wood will hold its own from a vibration absorption perspective as well... Each vendor will have their points for pushing their product across....

End of the day its down to pricing and ones preference...do share on ur dry run test... Thanks

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy  Cheers
wingman
wingman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-08-10

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:06 am

alamdamai1 wrote:Hi Elhefe,

may i kindly enquire the starting price of $650 for stands is for 1 piece or a pair? moreover, how high are the stands? finally, does it come with adjustable floor spike or charge separately? many thanks for your reply...

Alamadamai,

Thats the price for a pair of 2 ft stands. It does come with adjustable spikes.

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:09 am

wingman wrote:
elhefe wrote:Wingman,

El... Thanks...

The rubber wood with its porous or light weight structure may have good vibration absorption capabilities similar to the honeycomb inserts in certain platform's (Artwright computer tables had this composition) and hard wood will hold its own from a vibration absorption perspective as well... Each vendor will have their points for pushing their product across....

End of the day its down to pricing and ones preference...do share on ur dry run test... Thanks

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy  Cheers

Fully agree wingman... some prefer full metal, or acrylic for racks. I had ATS stands and rack before, purchased mainly because not much choice locally.

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down