Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

NHT Vt-2 Floorstander Tower Speaker - SOLD

Go down

NHT Vt-2 Floorstander Tower Speaker - SOLD Empty NHT Vt-2 Floorstander Tower Speaker - SOLD

Post by darkblack Mon May 30, 2016 4:01 pm

NHT VT-2 Floorstander Tower speaker
Made in USA
Condition 9/10
Great for both music and home theather
Good image, wide soundstaging, silky midrange, solid deep bass
Have front switch to enable Audio and Video mode
Condition 9/10
Piano black gloss finish
All driver in immaculate working condition
Just recently bought, but the size is too big for my living hall

Plenty of good reviews on the net -
http://www.audioreview.com/cat/speakers/floorstanding-speakers/nht/vt-2/prd_121020_1594crx.aspx

What an incredible speaker. My audio shopping/listening quest began with looking for a new receiver, but ended up being the most significant investment I have made since I bought my last car. No complaints though, I would gladly do it all over again. I made a valiant attempt to keep the price tag under $1000, but I just couldn't find anything I was happy with. One of the biggest challenges I had was that I live in an apartment and would certainly get evicted if I had a subwoofer, so I wanted something that delivered the entire spectrum of sound. Here's the list:

PSB: Several models: Nice speakers, but each model was lacking in something, mostly mid range though.

Klipsch: RF-3, RP-3: these were really nice, and for the money probably one of the better speakers you will find. The sound just wasn't as rich as I wanted it to be.

Monitor Audio: Silver 5i, Silver 9i: These sounded pretty good with a subwoofer hooked up, but without that, oh please. They were quite shrill and didn't image very well.

Martin Logan: I listened to some of these for fun more than anything else, and discovered that they absolutely are not general purpose speakers. Great for jazz and the like, but really lacking in reproduction for some types of music and especially home theater.

KEF: Pretty nice, but still lacking in the midrange, very similar to PSB.

Sonus Faber: These speakers are really pretty nice, but just didn't quite do it for me.

NOW HEAR THIS:

For those of you who didn't know what NHT stood for.

Be aware, I listened to speakers for 6 solid weeks. I always carried my own music with me, and I always tried to listen to different speakers on the same amplifier. It only took about the first 60 seconds of the score of Apollo 13 to realize what I had been missing. "That is exactly what that music is supposed to sound like!" I thought to myself.

And after all of that listening, these beautiful creations exclaimed to me, "you have heard the competition, and been let down and dissapointed, NOW HEAR THIS!" The imaging, the soundstage, the transparency, everything was as close to perfect as I have ever heard. I went back to the store again and again to hear them on different amplifiers and receivers, including my own, and every single time I was amazed. I even took some audiophile friends to the shop with me to make sure I wasn't losing my mind, and they heard the same amazing things that I did. I probably spent about 15-20 hours just listening to the VT-2's. And now that they are sitting in my living room... I cannot describe to you how exstatic I am about my purchase.

darkblack

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2015-11-05

Back to top Go down