Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Sold - Philips cd880 vintage high end cd player

Go down

Sold - Philips cd880 vintage high end cd player Empty Sold - Philips cd880 vintage high end cd player

Post by alanchiang Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:40 pm

Description

The Philips CD880 not only offers excellent sound quality, ease of use and extensive display facilities, it also has number of unique features, such as rapid access to any point on a disc and the possibility of direct programming.
In addition, the tracks on the disc or in a program can be played in random order. This player also has various repeat functions and has the facility for connecting a timer.
Favourite track selection allows you to store your favourite selection of music for each of your discs in the player's permanent memory.
Finally, when making recordings of your compact discs, the CD880 can automatically insert a 3-second pause between tracks, which is useful if your cassette player has track seeking facilities.
Digital converter: TDA1541A-S1, 16 bit, 4 x oversampling
CD Mechanism: CDM-1 Mk II

Frequency response: 2Hz to 20kHz

Dynamic range: 96dB

Digital outputs: coaxial, optical

Dimensions: 420 x 104 x 363mm

Weight: 10.3kg

Condition 7.5/10 due to age 

Price : sold to nice gentleman 

Alan Penang jelutong

Philips CD880 player with TDA1541A chip

Made circa 1989 in Belgium, the LAST product from Philips that was heavy, solid, well made and with high end pretensions. 
From 880 on - it was steep downhill for the giant from Eindhoven.
The whole splendour since then was 100% reserved for their daughter company Marantz. 
What a shame, that Philips did not keep their R&D and manufacturing ability. After CDM1 mechanism and TDA1541A chip, their last components of highest standard were TDA1549 DAC and CDM9.  Amen.

PCB - it is very bizzare. I saw 100 PCB's from Philips from before the CD 880 and they all looked alike, more or less. You could detect similarities in Autocad, laminate color, part selection and power supply and grounding solutions. I also saw 100 PCB's from AFTER te 880 and they looked similar to each other. But the 880 is ODD. It is unlike any other PCB. Unlike the Marantz as well.
If anything, it resembles the SONY 227 ESD. Anyway - a nice PCB, better than older Philipse

This must be one of the rarest Philips on Earth. Almost impossible to get. Although not nearly as impossible as the LHH Philips  line, especially the LHH2000.
When I got it - I could not believe my eyes!
This is THE ULTIMATE Philips  or what !!!
Is it the best of them all ???
With cast chassis frame, copper floor with three layers, heavy duty parts all over, Philips CDM1-Mk2 mechanism, and TDA1541A-QS1 chip - WHAT A GEM.

Sold - Philips cd880 vintage high end cd player Image22

Last edited by alanchiang on Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

alanchiang
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2015-11-19

Character sheet
Source(s): Esoteric
Amplification: Jadis
Speakers: Harbeth

Back to top Go down

Sold - Philips cd880 vintage high end cd player Empty Re: Sold - Philips cd880 vintage high end cd player

Post by alanchiang Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:14 pm

Up

alanchiang
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2015-11-19

Character sheet
Source(s): Esoteric
Amplification: Jadis
Speakers: Harbeth

Back to top Go down