Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Grounding a phonostage

2 posters

Go down

Grounding a phonostage Empty Grounding a phonostage

Post by kamfei0512 Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:46 pm

Greeting to all,

This might sound like a noob question but I can't help but to wonder how a phonostage grounding really works.

Looking at the picture attached below, there is only a 2-pin wall wart power supply used to power this phonostage.
And the so-called "Ground" on the phonostage is mere physical contact to its casing only.

Saying this, do I need to connect additional piece of wire from phonostage to mains, in order to ground the phonostage properly (other than the ground wire from turntable to phonostage)?

Regards,
Leong

Grounding a phonostage Ln108big
kamfei0512
kamfei0512
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2011-02-13

Character sheet
Source(s): Audio Alchemy DDS II + DDE v1.1, Google Chromecast Audio
Amplification: Arcam FMJ A19
Speakers: Audio Physic Tempo 25

Back to top Go down

Grounding a phonostage Empty Re: Grounding a phonostage

Post by pleong Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:02 pm

note your rca connector is also touching the case . thus grounding the case to the amp will ground all the case , the rca return . 
in fact once you plug the rca to the amp , all are already grounded. but if you provide a dedicated ground wire ( thicker cable) at he ground point will be sure better. 
some time , too many path of grounding will generate ground loop which will make thing bad . Hum sound.

pleong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2018-01-29

Back to top Go down