Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

ORIGINAL CD-A8T Vacuum Tube Solid State HDCD CD Player with Remote

Go down

ORIGINAL CD-A8T Vacuum Tube Solid State HDCD CD Player with Remote Empty ORIGINAL CD-A8T Vacuum Tube Solid State HDCD CD Player with Remote

Post by HiFiLab Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:55 pm

ORIGINAL CD-A8T Vacuum Tube Solid State HDCD CD Player with Remote 20180454
ORIGINAL CD-A8T Vacuum Tube Solid State HDCD CD Player with Remote 20180453
ORIGINAL CD-A8T Vacuum Tube Solid State HDCD CD Player with Remote 20180456
ORIGINAL CD-A8T Vacuum Tube Solid State HDCD CD Player with Remote 20180457
ORIGINAL CD-A8T Vacuum Tube Solid State HDCD CD Player with Remote 20180455
ORIGINAL CD-A8T Vacuum Tube Solid State HDCD CD Player with Remote 20180458
ORIGINAL CD-A8T Vacuum Tube Solid State HDCD CD Player with Remote 20180459

Modified Philips VAM12 laser pick up and Philips CD-7 servo system for accurate laser pick up and fast track access.

.Original unique GOS digital processing technology.

.The precise clock circuit reduces timing errors.

.BB PCM-1732 (24bits/96kHz) HDCD decoder, digital filter and multi-level Delta Sigma DAC.

.Well designed low frequency filter makes sound signal more clean.

.Separate tube and slid-state sound channels and dual analog output circuits.

.Warm, beautiful and brave sound from both tube (Russia 12AU7) and solid-state outputs.

.Six voltage regulators and filtering circuits provides very stable and clean power supplier through different circuit blocks.

.Heavy duty torroidal  transformer with sealed metal enclosure.

.Metal exterior and remote control.

.One set of tube RCA output
.One set of solid-state RCA output
.One digital coax output
.One optical S/PDIF output
.One power socket

.Output level: < 2.00v

.Frequency response: 20Hz~20kHz
.Distortion and noise: 0.002%(-60dB)
.S/N ratio: 95dB
.Dynamic range: 97dB 102dB(HDCD)
.Digital output characteristics: S/PDIF standard
.Power supplier: 220/120VAC±5%, 50/60Hz
.Dimensions (W,H,D):  430 X 115 X 335(MM), 16.9X4.5X13.2(IN)
.Weight: 9.5kg, 20.9lb

The Equipment

Whatever the external—real or imagined—similarities between the CD-A8T and the Mark Levinson player, they’re only skin-deep. Inside the CD-A8T is a disc transport designed by Philips and now manufactured by Cosmic in China, a Philips VAM12 laser assembly and standard chip-sets made by Burr-Brown. There are also two Russian imports: a pair of Electro-Harmonix 12AU7 thermionic valves. These, at least according to Original, ‘give a warm, beautiful and brave (sic) sound’.

These two valves were also a source of confusion for me, because prior to my review sample arriving, my investigations into the Original company had led me to understand that it usually fitted its CD-A8T players with ordinary generic 12AU7 valves made in China. US reviewer Larry Cox wasn’t too impressed with these, and swapped them for NOS Mullard CV4003s, which he opined was ‘a very worthwhile upgrade… ‘[offering] a dramatic increase in precision, detail, dynamics and body.’ So it appears that either Original took note of Larry’s review, or that the local Australian distributor, Coem Audio, took it upon itself to insert the superior valves. So when you read my comments on sound quality later on in this review, do bear in mind that my sample was fitted with Electro-Harmonix glass. Given the considerable difference in price between ‘generic’ valves and Electro-Harmonix (or Mullard CV4003s!) valves, potential purchasers might consider asking their retailer to ‘pop the top’ of their CD-A8T to check out what it’s packing before they flash their cash!

Popping the top’ is certainly well worthwhile on any account, because it’s quite easy and will give you a chance to admire the build quality and workmanship inside Original’s CD-A8T in person, and I can assure you that it is truly superior. Even the chassis is made from 2mm solid steel, and there’s a 2mm steel shield between the valve and solid-state stages. Speaking of the solid-state stages, the important circuit-board real estate is primarily homage to Burr-Brown, with a preponderance of OPA2134PAs and a PCM1732U HDCD DAC with the usual support circuitry and more voltage regulation than I could poke a stick at.

Price : RM 1950
Contact Simon Ting 012-3612507

HiFiLab
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 2967
Registration date : 2011-03-12

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down