Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Marantz SR-8500 Stereo Audio plus Video 7.1 Channel Receiver Amplifier

Go down

Marantz SR-8500 Stereo Audio plus Video 7.1 Channel Receiver Amplifier  Empty Marantz SR-8500 Stereo Audio plus Video 7.1 Channel Receiver Amplifier

Post by HiFiLab Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:56 pm

Marantz SR-8500 Stereo Audio plus Video 7.1 Channel Receiver Amplifier  20181121
Marantz SR-8500 Stereo Audio plus Video 7.1 Channel Receiver Amplifier  20181122
Marantz SR-8500 Stereo Audio plus Video 7.1 Channel Receiver Amplifier  20181123
Marantz SR-8500 Stereo Audio plus Video 7.1 Channel Receiver Amplifier  20181124
Marantz SR-8500 Stereo Audio plus Video 7.1 Channel Receiver Amplifier  20181126
Marantz SR-8500 Stereo Audio plus Video 7.1 Channel Receiver Amplifier  20181125

Price : RM 1750
Contact Simon Ting 012-3612507

Marantz SR8500 Surround Receiver
• Power Output (8 Ohm): 125 Watts x 7 channels (<0.08%, 20 Hz – 20 kHz/THD)
• S/N Ratio: 105 dB
• Video input: composite x 5, S-Video x 5, component x 4, DVI x 2
• Video output: composite x 4, S-Video x 3, component x 1, DVI x 1
• Audio input: analog x 8, optical x 5, coaxial x 3
• Audio output: analog x 5, optical x 1, coaxial x 1
• Remote Control: Learning/Pre-coded with LCD screen
• Dimensions (WxHxD): 17-5/16 x 7-1/4 x 18-1/4 inches
• Weight: 33.1 lbs

In the current Marantz AVR lineup the THX-Select SR8500 nestles comfortably between the well-appointed SR7500 ($1099) and the $3999 SR9600—a 140Wpc, dual-tuner THX Ultra2 mega-ceiver.

Like most AVRs the SR8500 has grown a little beefier and taller. And like all premium Marantz components the chassis is reinforced by a copper-clad double bottom plate to isolate internal circuits from RF interference.

The handsome front panel has been swept clean of navigation keys and extraneous buttons, which are neatly hidden behind a drop-gate panel. Only the essentials, a large volume and matching input knob, are visible.

The SR8500’s seven-channel amplifier section has been juiced up to a continuous 125W per channel.
Digital-to-analog conversion is via 24- bit/192kHz DACs, with Cirrus Logic supplying the dual-chip 32-bit DSP engine.
The SR8500 comes with a plethora of A/V inputs and outputs, including a pair of DVI inputs for DVI equipped DVD players or set-top boxes.

Thoughtfully the Marantz manual reminds users to make sure that both the source and companion display are compliant with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) before using the DVI connectors. Video up conversion is also provided.

With its legendary emphasis on audio quality Marantz provides a PURE DIRECT mode that bypasses all tone and bass-management controls. It also allows the user to assign unused surround-back channels to power a set of stereo speakers in a second zone or to bi-amp front L/R speakers. Another significant feature is a VOFF selector, which shuts down video circuitry—a plus for those A/V-ophiles who run their progressive-scan DVD players directly into their display devices. Also included is independent channel setup for the 7.1-channel input, and LIP SYNC for aligning audio with the picture.

Finally, there are a wealth of DC triggers, assignable/auto-detect inputs for digital and analog sources, and a vigorous multiroom set-up menu. Like so many AVRs today, the SR8500 employs an auto-room-calibration system—Marantz Room Acoustic Calibration (M.R.A.C.), an automated multichannel speaker setup protocol (with signal generator and microphone) that checks speaker connections and speaker size, calibrates distance, and matches output at the listening position.

The sophistication of these auto-calibration programs varies from manufacturer to manufacturer— the more advanced versions even include automated room equalization. M.R.A.C. is a fairly standard variant. It’s simple to use via Marantz’s familiar and easily navigable on-screen display, and for the most part works as advertised. After noting the results from my own “manual” setup (SPL meter and tape measure), I plugged the microphone into the front panel of the SR8500, secured it onto the base of my trusty tripod, and adjusted the tripod to listening height. The program checks for ambient noise before calibration commences. Highly sensitive (though it doesn’t check for correct polarity), it wouldn’t proceed until a couple of birds stopped singing outside a window. I also found that it was helpful to tabulate the results of the automatic calibration and run the setup a second or third time.

Stereo Well-Seasoned

Like a fine musical instrument— whether it’s a priceless Strad, a Martin acoustic guitar, or a vintage Stratocaster—electronics often have a “house” sound. Of the recent Marantz AVRs I’ve evaluated—and these include the SR8200 and SR7300 OSE (Issues 43 and 50, respectively)—the SR8500 shows a “family resemblance.” It has a solid, neutral midrange, but with a slightly warmer overall character that enriches the midbass and sweetens the treble. However, unlike the SR8200, which sometimes sounded a bit passive and lacked the dynamic equivalent of spring in its step, the SR8500 is more propulsive and energized. During Nickel Creek’s “Spit on a Stranger” [This Side, Sugar Hill], notes skipped from guitar and mandolin strings and bounced off the soundboard with a liveliness that reminded me of my highend amplification. The treble was plainly more vivid and open, but never edgy. But with increased resolution there was also less forgiveness of speakers with a rising treble. The SR8500 doesn’t spec out to be appreciably more powerful, but in the symphonic world of Vaughan Williams’ Antartica [Bournemouth, Bakels, Naxos] it seemed stronger in the midbass and smoother on top with greater overall image focus. Crescendos were also livelier. It certainly stepped up to the plate convincingly enough to drive my 83dB-sensitive ATC monitors— a torture test that even Mel Gibson might admire. Two issues that have historically plagued receivers are soundstaging and transparency. To some extent a general sense of soundstage and image imprecision and a sensation of dynamic constriction cloud the sonics of many, if not most mid-priced AVRs. The subliminal “distance” these artifacts create has consistently been chipped away in recent years, and the SR8500 continues in this promising direction. On the Rutter Requiem [Reference Recordings 57], the distinct layering of voices of the Turtle Creek Chorale—harmonies distinct yet like a single overwhelming voice—the pipe organ’s sotto voce entrance, even glimmerings of the scope of the recording hall would only have been resolved by premium components a few years ago. The SR8500 reproduces such subtleties with a sophistication that hasn’t been surpassed by any AVR I’ve reviewed under $2000.

Note : This Amplifier come with original remote and 3 X HDMI to DVI cable

HiFiLab
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 2967
Registration date : 2011-03-12

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down