Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Good matching speaker for Exposure 2010s2 Int amp

+2
llsaw
adrian4454
6 posters

Go down

Good matching speaker for Exposure 2010s2 Int amp Empty Good matching speaker for Exposure 2010s2 Int amp

Post by adrian4454 Thu May 06, 2010 1:48 pm

Hi Guys,
Need help to find a good matching speaker for Exposure 2010s2 Int amp.

currently I am using Dali Royal Minuet II for the exposure.. It sounded fine, and I havent finish upgrading the cables.

I have in mind few speakers that I think work well with the Amp:
- Epos m12i
- Dali Ekon 2
haha, just can think of this 2 at the moment. Please recommend others.

I like prominent vocal and good clarity.. Prefer Bookshelf, thinking of having something having more bass than my current speaker... So those who intend to suggest LS3/5..hmm... better not la.

I can read from the web, in 1 of the hi fi show, many people give high praise over Neat motive 2 matching exposure.. Cant find such speaker in Malaysia??

Thanks for your suggestion in advance!

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Good matching speaker for Exposure 2010s2 Int amp Empty Re: Good matching speaker for Exposure 2010s2 Int amp

Post by llsaw Thu May 06, 2010 10:33 pm

Audio Physic Sitara Good matching speaker for Exposure 2010s2 Int amp Icon_cool

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Character sheet
Source(s): Digital: Metronome Technologie CD8t S, Analogue: Clearaudio Ovation TT with Clarify tonearm and Clearaudio Stradivari V2 MC
Amplification: Gryphon Diablo 300 integrated amp, Gryphon Legato Legacy phonostage
Speakers: Audio Physic Cardeas 30

Back to top Go down

Good matching speaker for Exposure 2010s2 Int amp Empty Re: Good matching speaker for Exposure 2010s2 Int amp

Post by bassraptor Fri May 07, 2010 7:17 am

Bookshelf, he said ... if budget not an issue and overkill is the idea, the Odeon Orpheus ... sounds good with most things! But the Epos has traditionally been a good match for Exposure amps. You may find the Dali Ikon on the bright side ....

bassraptor
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

http://www.audiofi.net

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Fri May 07, 2010 10:31 am

bassraptor wrote:Bookshelf, he said ... if budget not an issue and overkill is the idea, the Odeon Orpheus ... sounds good with most things! But the Epos has traditionally been a good match for Exposure amps. You may find the Dali Ikon on the bright side ....

Bro,

I find the smaller Odeon's to be bass limited though..

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Character sheet
Source(s): Digital: Metronome Technologie CD8t S, Analogue: Clearaudio Ovation TT with Clarify tonearm and Clearaudio Stradivari V2 MC
Amplification: Gryphon Diablo 300 integrated amp, Gryphon Legato Legacy phonostage
Speakers: Audio Physic Cardeas 30

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Fri May 07, 2010 1:13 pm

Hi Guys,
Thanks. you have heard Epos M12i with Exposure before?

Hmm.. 4ohm speaker is not a good match with the Exposure, As I've discovered yesterday. No doubt of the same volume position both Exposure and NAD can play at similar loudness.. but the NAD C370 just show better bass extension and greater dynamic...

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Fri May 07, 2010 10:38 pm

bassraptor wrote:Bookshelf, he said ... if budget not an issue and overkill is the idea, the Odeon Orpheus ... sounds good with most things! But the Epos has traditionally been a good match for Exposure amps. You may find the Dali Ikon on the bright side ....

The tradition still applies for the new generations of Exposures and Epos?
Well, current Epos might be well pairing with Creek.

I have auditioned Exposure + Odeon few months ago.
Very enjoyable in long hour listening.
Bass is just ngam ngam but for a pair of bookshelf, consider very good already.
The Odeon is not budget item though. hehehehehe.. Razz
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1081
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:12 am

I need to resurrect this; as I have sleepless night thinking about matching speaker for my new amp..haha

As I said, the current Dali I have; hasnt been doing a good job in giving me a sound I want. It is a competent speaker, but it seems to lack bass and thinning the magical midrange I am looking for after having this new exposure 2010s2. I do seriously think the 4ohm impedance of the speaker is to blame.

I havent had chance to have potential speaker to be physically available to trial match the amp.

I am looking for good vocal with respectable bass..vocal with good body.
The more that I read about user review of the Epos M12i, it doesnt seem to fit the description so well.

So for all the sifus out there... Any other speaker, standmounted; that you think is a good candidate for this... I am thinking of a budget of 2 to 3k.

PS: Is it possible to do this matching things, by bring my own amp and do it in KLIAV?

Thanks for any suggestions.

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Burrp2001 Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:57 pm

PM-ed you, please check your inbox.

Regards.
burrp2001@yahoo.com

Burrp2001
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rector Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:35 am

Try the PMC TB2i. Superb speakers in my book. Extremely room friendly and unfussy about placement. And fairly high sensitivity speakers at 90db/w/m. Doesn't need lots of power to shine and has a glorious midrange and highs. Bass is adequate for bookshelves and is priced rather reasonably for such capable speakers.

Overseas they go for around 900 GBP. No idea how much they cost locally though. Maybe in the 7k range.

Edit: Whooops missed out on your budget range earlier. At that price perhaps u can try the 685's from B&W. Decent performers for the money.

Rector
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down