Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

PassDIY Headphone Amp/ Preamp Whammy PCBs

3 posters

Go down

whammy - PassDIY Headphone Amp/ Preamp Whammy PCBs Empty PassDIY Headphone Amp/ Preamp Whammy PCBs

Post by terenceng94 Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:07 pm

Not sure if this can be belonged here, but moderators, feel free to remove this post if it violates any rules of this forum.

I have with me 19 14 boards of of WHAMMY ( pls read : https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/317803-whammy-pass-diy-headphone-amp-guide.html ) 

It made no financial sense to order these boards from the official diyaudiostore as shipping alone is 70USD and I couldn't get anyone to share. So I decided to make these boards as per Wayne's specifications (FR-4, HASL, 2Oz). He have provided the gerber files for us DIY-ers to make it ourselves. 

I'll be selling off the boards where the printing is wrongly done (at the bottom) for RM30 unshipped.

and the boards that are correct at RM50 unshipped. (would be willing to ship it but priority will be given to COD). 

These are all sold to just recoup my cost to manufacture this and hardly any profit is made. These boards sells for 15-20UKP on forums. And you can buy the official boards at diyaudiostore at 30USD but shipping will kill you.

I have the BOM (readily available with some googling actually) and I have ordered my parts from Mouser (they are due for delivery next week or so). You can piggyback on my order if you are buying the boards but this offer is only available until Mouser ships out my parts (i.e i bear all the shipping cost, if you wish to share out the shipping cost, you're more than welcomed to do so Very Happy ), PM me and we can arrange and I can walk you through the cost & build, and what parts to order from where. Cost build should be less than RM600-700 (including everything. You can buy than 1 and build and sell, no issues with me as another forummer have indicated interest if you follow my post at the DIY section of this forum (https://www.hifi4sale.net/t74378-group-buy-passdiy-class-a-headphone-amp-whammy#199538)

You can order some of the parts from elsewhere as you see fit but I have done the comparisons, it is more expensive to order from RS/Farnell compared to Mouser + Shipping. (Sorry guys, not true. our customs are bloodsuckers.)

Thanks!

whammy - PassDIY Headphone Amp/ Preamp Whammy PCBs 94116910

Last edited by terenceng94 on Mon May 11, 2020 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

terenceng94
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 478
Registration date : 2013-09-11

Back to top Go down

whammy - PassDIY Headphone Amp/ Preamp Whammy PCBs Empty Re: PassDIY Headphone Amp/ Preamp Whammy PCBs

Post by boxer Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:17 pm

Will you be making the built up kit for sales?

boxer
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 626
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

whammy - PassDIY Headphone Amp/ Preamp Whammy PCBs Empty Re: PassDIY Headphone Amp/ Preamp Whammy PCBs

Post by terenceng94 Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:29 pm

unlikely in the near future even if I can't sell off these remaining PCBs as i'm pretty occupied with other things. perhaps you can ask around and see if there's anyone that's able to do it?

maybe... in future and if there are still spare PCBs lying around.... 

i'll be posting these PCBs up for sale in overseas forum if there's not enough interest here locally.

maybe... time to consider picking up a soldering iron? & a DMM?  Cool

You can always think of chassis work later.

terenceng94
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 478
Registration date : 2013-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammar Mariti Mon May 11, 2020 8:21 pm

Bought the boards and shared shipping parts from OP. Boards are top quality I can confirm. 

Amp is very quiet with high impedance headphones. Sound is open and spacious, soundstage is correct and imaging is sharp. Quite surprised because it is simple to build correctly, but then again this is Pass Labs engineering after all Smile

I've added a 2nd pair of RCA at the back for pre out to my power amp and I can confirm it sounds just as good as a preamp. No hums, buzz, and switching between headphone and preamp is silent unlike some that crackles a bit when plugging in headphones with the pre out connected.

All components are readily available and does not require unobtainium obsolete parts. Very begineer friendly.

whammy - PassDIY Headphone Amp/ Preamp Whammy PCBs Img_2010
whammy - PassDIY Headphone Amp/ Preamp Whammy PCBs Img_2012
whammy - PassDIY Headphone Amp/ Preamp Whammy PCBs Img_2011

Ammar Mariti

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2014-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down