Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

DIY Record Drying Rack (up to 15)

Go down

DIY Record Drying Rack (up to 15) Empty DIY Record Drying Rack (up to 15)

Post by terenceng94 Sat May 16, 2020 5:37 pm

As the the title suggests, MCO got me started a little on my spring cleaning of my records, and I embarked on a journey to search on what are the best options to drying my records after the first wash, and I stumbled upon an interesting one on taobao but it costs RM120.  (1st picture)

After looking at it for awhile and thinking about how could i replicate it with some of the spare wood I have lying in my store room. and I did my own one in less than about 1-2 hours or so with some screws and a grinder (No cutting was needed as I was lucky all the wood sort of worked although ideally I would want to have them wider). (see 2nd and 3rd picture)

Anyway I thought this would be an interesting weekend project for you folks out there.

Am also thinking to probably get this machined out of plastic or 3D printed or maybe get a carpenter to it in bulk. What do you guys think? Any interest? Only for you folks out there, as I'm perfectly happy with mine.

Disclaimer : I would totally have no idea how much it would cost to machine/3dprint or get a carpenter to fabricate out one (but I would assume if there's volume, it would be cheaper). If there's enough interest, say 10 or more, I'll start asking to see how much it'll cost.  Very Happy

It would help if there's also a designer here who's familiar with design softwares to design one out with appropriate measurements.

Cheers cheers

DIY Record Drying Rack (up to 15) 97287910
DIY Record Drying Rack (up to 15) 97228810
DIY Record Drying Rack (up to 15) 97793110

terenceng94
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 478
Registration date : 2013-09-11

Back to top Go down