Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Cardas Audio Golden (Cross) Power Cord 1m with US 15 Amp IEC Terminations (Used) SOLD

Go down

Cardas Audio Golden (Cross) Power Cord 1m with US 15 Amp IEC Terminations (Used) SOLD Empty Cardas Audio Golden (Cross) Power Cord 1m with US 15 Amp IEC Terminations (Used) SOLD

Post by mikey8811 Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:45 pm

Cardas Golden (Cross) Power Cord 1m with US 15 Amp IEC Terminations (Used)

Condition: 8/10

Price: SOLD

Description:

This is the previous flagship Cardas power cord prior to Golden Reference.

It is the power cord iteration of Cardas’ famed Golden Cross. It is warm and full sounding with the signature Cardas midrange magic. It is warmer and more romantic sounding than Golden Reference (which can be a bit hard in the highs compared to Golden Power or Clear Beyond) with no sacrifice of detail and resolution. The soundstage is large and majestic with smooth and engaging highs, tremendous bass with slam and full, palpable images.

It is great on digital equipment or large solid state power amps in systems that need refinement, sweetness, warmth and fullness.

It is rarely available used.

Reason for Sale:

Extra power cord

Reviews:

Enjoy The Music - "the decrease in noise floor when used with my mono block amplifiers made for a readily apparent quieter backdrop where musicians could now be better heard. There was added weight to everything, vocals, drums and guitar lending to a more realistic feel to the recording."

“Previously the choir would appear a bit more distant and lacking in strength at lower volume levels but with the Golden Power Cords things were different. Here one was transported forward from back of the hall seating to one approaching center stage about ten rows distant, a vast improvement. Vocals showed a stronger presence with an added three-dimensional quality. Imagery was better as various distinct parts of the choir could now more easily be heard …. extra spaciousness was perceived as the recording hall took on a larger and taller sense to it. Yet no matter how complex the various parts of the choir sounded, as they sang with voices overlapping each other, each vocal section remained sharp and in focus treating my senses to the enormous spatial nature of this recording.”

“The ability of these Power Cords to snap into focus all performers within the soundstage was evident on the CD by Carlos Santana, Supernatural [Arista 07822-19080-2] featuring Rob Thomas on the song “Smooth”. Here the guitar work of Carlos Santana comes out from behind the backdrop to be heard as clear as if front center stage as he plays alongside Rob Thomas. Not that he was heard as loudly but just that even though in the background could be noticed and enjoyed if one wanted to listen as many surely will. The ability to take notice of performances within a performance was a characteristic of all these cables from Cardas Audio, a trait that brought great joy to my heart.”

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0510/cardas_audio_musicians_reference_cables.htm

User Reviews:

“The Golden has rich harmonics, full and large soundstage, warm but still very detailed sound both power and speaker cables (golden cross are excellent)”

“the Cardas "Golden" is the best power cable they offer, sounds much better to me than their other offerings but I have not heard the Reference.. I have the Reference IC and prefer the Golden Cross to it.

Cardas "Golden" has open full, rich, dimensional, powerful sound, bass is great, much improvement over a stock cable.

My Reference IC cable compared to Golden Cross IC cable seems to be drier, less organic, a little sterile and lackluster.. or perhaps just more neutral. Just my 2c”

“Golden Reference is too airy but not sweet at vocal and does not retain the strength of Cardas. For those who has a dull sound gear with insufficient clarity at the hi, the new model will work better. For those who has a very hi-fi gear already and want to civilize the music a bit, this Golden PC should be better.

From the manufacturer:

A large diameter cord, the optimum for any audio component where flexibility and cable weight are not an issue. Cardas power cords provide a very low noise path from the wall plug to your components, eliminating internal noise generation/radiation and attenuating component generated noise (clock signals, etc)

http://www.cardas.com/golden_power.php

Last edited by mikey8811 on Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

mikey8811
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 3438
Registration date : 2010-01-21

Back to top Go down

Cardas Audio Golden (Cross) Power Cord 1m with US 15 Amp IEC Terminations (Used) SOLD Empty Re: Cardas Audio Golden (Cross) Power Cord 1m with US 15 Amp IEC Terminations (Used) SOLD

Post by mikey8811 Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:36 am

Bump

mikey8811
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 3438
Registration date : 2010-01-21

Back to top Go down