Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Wharfedale Diamond 9.6( Retract For Upgrade)

Go down

Wharfedale Diamond 9.6( Retract For Upgrade) Empty Wharfedale Diamond 9.6( Retract For Upgrade)

Post by hoyhoysum Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:50 pm

Retract For Upgrading! Just acquired some peerless/ vifa tweeter to replaced the existing tweeter. Replaced capacitor to Solen Fast Caps!. 
Not selling at the meantime untill satisfied playing with new found toy!.
I have a pair of Wharfedale diamond 9.6 floorstanding speaker for sale. It was voted in Stereophile as recommend buy. It is great sounding speaker. Polite and not harsh. Dont let the size fool you. The sound is nice in average size hall with good amplification.

Even with this  age  the speaker cabinet is still good immaculate  condition however by now most Wharfedale diamond 9.6 will have rotten rubber surround for the 4 unts of 8inch woofer. My speaker also suffer the same rotten issues. It cannot be help. The damage only  affect 3 woofers at this meantime. Since the rubber surround is not available in Malaysia  I have imported the rubber surround from overseas that is of higher quality rubber than the original manufacturer's Wharfedale rubber surround. I have a professional speaker repairer who replaced the rubber Surround for me. Now the sound is great again. With these quality rubber surrounds, the bass is better sounding and more bouncy bass. When the rubber is "weak" it cannot bounce back to "0" position and therefore sound like weak like an old man. With newer rubber Surround it bounce faster amd more accurate bass.  Most important of all  it will last you quite some time from now on as i just replace it.
Original spikes provided and of good quality. Big and chunky spikes. Look at pictures.

Pictures can be found at carousel under my user name.
Price: ( Retract)

Last edited by hoyhoysum on Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:06 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Retract for Upgrading)
hoyhoysum
hoyhoysum
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Source(s): Grundig 2070, Graetz Sinfonia Spizensuper 522, Saba Freiburg 14, Normende Phono Super V700
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down