Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Esoteric F-05 Integrated

Go down

Esoteric F-05 Integrated Empty Esoteric F-05 Integrated

Post by carcrazy Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:35 pm

Esoteric F-05 Integrated Fb_img54
Esoteric F-05 Integrated Fb_img55
Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amp
* built-in Phono

Price rm27k

SOLD

Victor 012 2962799
Hifi Creations
Facebook.com/hifi-creations

Last edited by carcrazy on Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

carcrazy
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2009-10-06

http://www.hifi-creations.com

Back to top Go down

Esoteric F-05 Integrated Empty Re: Esoteric F-05 Integrated

Post by carcrazy Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:22 pm

Owners testimonial 
"Esoteric builds high end CD/SACD player, network streamer, DAC, pre-amplifier, amplifier, phono amplifier and integrated amplifier.

At the pinnacle sits Grandioso which many audiophiles consider as the holy grail of all.

You can say ‘no-holds-barred’ audio equipment that are reserved for the ‘fortunate’ few.

Below Grandioso, Esoteric uses numbers 01 up to 07 to denote their products.

In this particular review, we will take a look at the Esoteric F-05, a 120-watts class AB sumptuous looking integrated amplifier that weights at 32 kg.

It has been said that the F-05 benefits a lot from the Grandioso advanced technology which means dual monaural design which completely keep the right and the left channel independently separated throughout the stages, from the pre-amplifier to the power amplifier while keeping the pre-amplifier in a balanced configuration.

It can drive two speakers at the same time (A+B) or you can choose either one (A or B) which is very convenient for those who has two sets of loudspeakers.

It has a 3-band tone control for those who like to fiddle with such a thing which can be useful at times.

In short, it offers all the bells and whistles of a modern integrated amplifier.

It comes with a basic remote control.

Before I forget, it spots a beautiful blue electroluminescent display on the front panel which you can turn off anytime.

From the look of it, I doubt this monster will have any problem driving the puny Boenicke W5SE (I think it can drive a much bigger set of loudspeakers with ease).

It feels solid and built like a tank.

I have to ask for my wife’s help (see what I am doing there...wink! wink!) to put this beast on the glass rack.

I particularly love the volume knob as it does not feel clumsy and off.

So, how does it sound?

For the record, I always had this preconception that anything ‘Made in Japan’ can be quite bright and analytical (especially Esoteric).

When I first switched it on from cold and let the music passed through, it did sound a little dry and bright (and loud).

That sort of confirms my biased thinking.

On the other hand, it does deliver copious amount of power, resulted in details sound which creates a rather huge soundscape.

I had to let it simmer down for a few days before I do any serious listening.

Now, more than a week has passed by and the Esoteric begins to show off its true colour.

It has that ‘warm glow’ that is very pleasant to hear (not overly warm like those tube amplifiers).

It projects (not simply throw) the voice of the singers (no matter male or female) right into the room to create ‘realism’ that can be so haunting at times (I swear I get goosebumps).

It casts a very clear and coherent sound around you.

The treble is so fine and delicate (like silk), caressing your eardrums with sweet melodies which is a welcome change (those ear piercing treble can bleed your ears).

Music just sounds right and in place without being so jarring (music everywhere and nowhere) that you lose focus.

My previous integrated amplifier (Audio Analogue Maestro Settanta) can sound a bit thin, under-powered and smaller in scope (but still performs tremendously for the price I paid).

It is far from being analytical or judgemental to the music you listen to (not being critical at that).

It just let the music flows with ease, free from unnecessary prejudice and it does that with great authority and maturity.

It will not let the music go haywire without proper control.

One thing I notice, by increasing the volume, it does not increase the loudness of the music rather it blooms beautifully, peeling layers upon layers of music.

Some integrated will go loud exponentially and you will be grappling for the volume knob soon.

Some says good things come in small packages but here, it does not.

This is one huge integrated amplifier (and damn heavy at that) that totally delivers its promises.

To wrap up it all, it is nothing short of astounding."

Last edited by carcrazy on Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

carcrazy

Back to top Go down

Post by carcrazy Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:52 am

SOLD

Last edited by carcrazy on Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

carcrazy

Back to top Go down

Post by carcrazy Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:14 pm

"Just slightly on the warm side and yet highly inviting, the F-05 yielded a rich sonic texture and harmonic purity in the mids and highs that greatly reminded me of the Pass Labs INT-60 ($9000). The F-05 had additional heft and impact in the low end and possibly more extension on top, but both integrated amps had a level of seduction and timbral purity that will make many vinyl and tube lovers sit up and take notice."

https://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/esoteric-f-05-integrated-amplifier/#:~:text=The%20Esoteric%20F-05%20integrated%20amplifier%20is%20a%20true%20standout,and%20digital%20inputs%20and%20outputs.

Esoteric F-05 Integrated F-05-f10
Esoteric F-05 Integrated Esoter10

carcrazy

Back to top Go down

Post by carcrazy Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:08 pm

"Tonally it is a richer sounding amp. Full of timbral flavour with wonderfully open midrange, sparkly treble and beautifully low bass...."
https://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum/topic/128326-esoteric-f-05/

Esoteric F-05 Integrated 42664510
Esoteric F-05 Integrated 42476811
Esoteric F-05 Integrated 42476810

carcrazy

Back to top Go down