Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Thorens TD160 MK1 Turntable

Go down

Thorens TD160 MK1 Turntable  Empty Thorens TD160 MK1 Turntable

Post by hoyhoysum Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:06 pm

Herewith I have for sale my beloved Thorens TD160Mk1 that I bought from an old man more than 20 years ago. A very fine and sold built turntable. Sounds Great! Comes attached with AT91 cartridge. Stock standard turntable and NO modifications being made....
After I bought it I seldom use it as I have many TT around the house. The turntable is in well used condition better than average for a turntable of this age. The motor run quiet and Not wobble. The belt is the same one when I bought it 20 years ago. It is a bit stretch but does not affect the speed of the TT. However you need to assist it to go to the top pulley for the 45rpm. I never play 45rpm disc. If you change the belt then the switching of 33 to 45 is easy by a flick of a switch.
Since the body is made of chipboard there are some minor disintegration below the body. I have added wood glue at the bottom to reduce further chipping of the chipboard body. View from the top it looks excellent. The dust cover is in good condition no major scratch or chip. 
I would say this is a poor man Linn due to the suspension design chassis . The shaft already being clean and lube with oil. Compare this German made tank like mechanism, the Rega turntable shaft looks like a Toy...

Condition 7/10
Price RM1,880.00

Last edited by hoyhoysum on Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edit price)
hoyhoysum
hoyhoysum
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Source(s): Grundig 2070, Graetz Sinfonia Spizensuper 522, Saba Freiburg 14, Normende Phono Super V700
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Thorens TD160 MK1 Turntable  Empty Re: Thorens TD160 MK1 Turntable

Post by hoyhoysum Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:12 pm

Bump
hoyhoysum
hoyhoysum
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Source(s): Grundig 2070, Graetz Sinfonia Spizensuper 522, Saba Freiburg 14, Normende Phono Super V700
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down