Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

What interconnect you are using ?

+27
mohfudz
noodle88
carz
kancan
chua55
soonthas
bassraptor
dylan
bimmerman
kkthen
arremie
hoyhoysum
zul
alex
car o scope
azri
erikgoh
skydna
adrian4454
hushymushy
tycham
scudracer
BrAvO
mustafa
- br@d -
fizi
Opera
31 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What interconnect you are using ? - Page 2 Empty Re: What interconnect you are using ?

Post by bimmerman Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:09 am

Ah Blasphemy, herecy, sacriledge, let the witch hunt begin! What interconnect you are using ? - Page 2 Icon_razz

Well I do agree that flavourful cables have no place in top tier systems (please don't ask me to define top tier) just like ketchup has no place in fine dining but for the rest of us with hashy, thinny, fatty, noisy, bloaty, etc, sound, some flavouring may be the ticket. Changing an interconnect sure is a heckovalot cheaper than changing amp, preamp, turntable, phono, cd player etc wontcha say?

Oh well, to each his own.

The Purepower is doing just fine bro. I'm just lovin it!

Hey Mr. Raptor, did you know the purepower company quoted you on one of their ads in a UK hifi magazine? Can't remember which magazine. Your words sure go far and wide bro. Kudos!

Last edited by bimmerman on Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Character sheet
Source(s): Mark Levinson
Amplification: KRELL
Speakers: Sonus Faber

Back to top Go down

What interconnect you are using ? - Page 2 Empty Re: What interconnect you are using ?

Post by bimmerman Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:13 am

As for Monster Interlink, yup, moved on too.
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by bassraptor Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:48 am

bimmerman: Not the first time I've been quoted in international hi-fi publications, first was in the early 1990s! and yet, still no literary award or datukship for me from our govt. What interconnect you are using ? - Page 2 Icon_twisted ... how to encourage young and budding writers this way ... What interconnect you are using ? - Page 2 Icon_wink

bassraptor
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

http://www.audiofi.net

Back to top Go down

Post by carz Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:56 am

bassraptor wrote:bimmerman: that's blasphemy to some! What interconnect you are using ? - Page 2 Icon_wink .... wires are not supposed to act as tone controls, they say! instead, they should not make their presence felt.

I think it is correct that interconnects do, to some extent, act as "tone controls", because different cables make and models have their signature sound. Why else do people tweak their system using cables?

This can be explained by the physics of differing capacitance and inductance on different cables.

If it "should not make their presence felt", then it should be neutral, and then all cable should sound alike.

carz
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2010-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by bimmerman Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:57 am

bassraptor wrote:bimmerman: Not the first time I've been quoted in international hi-fi publications, first was in the early 1990s! and yet, still no literary award or datukship for me from our govt. What interconnect you are using ? - Page 2 Icon_twisted ... how to encourage young and budding writers this way ... What interconnect you are using ? - Page 2 Icon_wink

LOL!!!!! What interconnect you are using ? - Page 2 Icon_eek What interconnect you are using ? - Page 2 Lol
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by noodle88 Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:04 am

Hi, anyone knows the different between kimber pbj n kcag in use between 2a3 preamp n 300b poweramp? How much does it cost for 1m pair of new kimber kcag? Where can I get it?
noodle88
noodle88
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 430
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Character sheet
Source(s): Turntable
Amplification: Tube gear
Speakers: High sensitivity speaker

Back to top Go down

Post by bassraptor Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:14 am

carz wrote:

I think it is correct that interconnects do, to some extent, act as "tone controls", because different cables make and models have their signature sound. Why else do people tweak their system using cables?

This can be explained by the physics of differing capacitance and inductance on different cables.

If it "should not make their presence felt", then it should be neutral, and then all cable should sound alike.

There are differing arguments on this.

To scientists, all cables of same construction and measurement sound alike. If we all believed in this, loads of people would be poorer. Audiophiles would have fewer arguments but also much less fun.

There is also the fact that many cable brands source their wires from a common manufacturer, thus, the same spec-cable coming off a particular batch may go to different brand houses and be packed differently. Sometimes, audiophiles "hear the brands" and not the cables.

In my ideal world, cables and interconnects should stay as neutral as possible so I would not have to worry about them at all.

But we all know that's not how it works all the time.

bassraptor
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

http://www.audiofi.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bimmerman Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:21 am

I tried the KCAG bewteen Audionote M1 and Cary SLM70 (EL34). I liked it plenty. I can even say I miss it now that i've changed to solid state.
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by azri Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:29 am

kepish!
azri
azri
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by mohfudz Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:00 pm

Hi all just like to chip in..

chua55 wrote:has anyone used single crystal PCOCC (such as AC Zens reference) for the RCA ? is it really making the electrons flow smoothly and thus clear sound (or smooth sounds)?

I've used AC Zens ref but now use Grover Huffman SC cable. Same goes for speaker cable AZ Hologram bi-wire now change to Grover Huffman SC shot gun. Both are about the same performance but prefer Grover cable and 1/3 of the price.

My history with interconnect goes like this:

Transparent Music Link 100 > Signal Cable Silver Ref > AC Zen Silver Ref > Grover Huffman SC

Speaker Cable:

VDH (green stuff) > Signal Cable Silver ref bi-wire > AC Zen Hologram bi-wire > Grover Huffmen SC double barel

System:

Esoteric DV50S/ PC base with M2Tech Evo with Stereovox XV2 coax

Stello DAC2000

Bel Canto Evo Gen II

ProAc D2.5

mohfudz

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by kwwong Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:39 pm

Am using a very old VDH MCD 102 MKIII special, it is light brown and the word print on it is fading.

I want to upgrade to newer one and have compare it with similar price range VDH 102 MKIII Hybrid and Thunderline. I think the old one suite me better, I give up on upgrade until I save enough for higher range.

kwwong
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by albleong Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:23 pm

i using : cd - amp siltech SQ18 mk2

amp - spkr siltech new york mxt

as i am using proac tablette 50 signature and primaluna valve amp, can anyone suggest a better spkr cable to match ?

albleong
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by arremie Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:10 pm

try kimber 8tc
arremie
arremie
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character sheet
Source(s): Oppo
Amplification: Parasound
Speakers: Klipsch

Back to top Go down

Post by kkthen Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:19 pm

albleong wrote:i using : cd - amp siltech SQ18 mk2

amp - spkr siltech new york mxt

as i am using proac tablette 50 signature and primaluna valve amp, can anyone suggest a better spkr cable to match ?

Try Furutech evolution 2 speaker cable. very good performance in this price range.

kkthen
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by 7810sam Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:52 pm

I'm looking to buy a IC to link Azur 640 cd and TRI 300b int SET with Klipsch speakers. So far I'm using my old straightwire II.
I'm tempting to try DIY IC with solid core wire made of silver.
I read some review on KCAG but I don't think I can afford at the moment. Any comment.

7810sam
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:10 pm

1. MF X-Ray V3 to MF XA1 - QED Signature Audio
2. MF X-A1 to MF X-CANV3 - QED Audio 2
3. MF X-DAC to MF X-A1 -Cambridge Audio Pacific
4. Sony MD player to MF X-A1 -Cambridge Audio Pearl
5. TEAC Tape deck to MF X-A1 - Cambridge Audio Pearl
elhefe
elhefe

Number of posts : 1371
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Character sheet
Source(s): Kronos PRO, Clearaudio Solutions AMG Wood, SONY MD, SONY HAP Z1 ES, HiFi ROSE RS150, ROON Nucleus, Aavik D280 DAC
Amplification: McIntosh MA9000, SPL Audio Phono
Speakers: Borresen X3, PMC Twenty5 26i, PMC Twenty LCR, PMC Twenty Sub, ARCAM AVR20, JL Audio Sub, Ascendo Sub.

http://www.notanotherhifiblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2