Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

KLAVS 2010 - Recommended Listening destination

3 posters

Go down

KLAVS 2010 - Recommended Listening destination Empty KLAVS 2010 - Recommended Listening destination

Post by WongKN Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:27 am

Sorry I started a separate new thread as I don't want to disturb the other thread which I think we can reserve for discussion. I thought it would be interesting -and helpful- to those who will be visiting the KLAVS this weekend, to have a list of recommended rooms/systems/components so that we can do some sort of planning. So, if you are involved in the show, or if you know of any rooms/systems that you feel deserves an effort to drop by to listen, please put it in this thread. If you are involved with any demo, and you wish to invite forumers to listen, do provide some sort of contact details, or maybe a photo so that forumers can recognize you.

Recommended list (append to the bottom, no particular order).
1. Boardroom 1, Level 4 : HTKaki & Car'O'Scope will be demo-ing the new SVS sealed cabinet subwoofer (maybe a world premier as not launched yet even in the U.S.)

2. Room 8040 - Malaysia LS3/5a 'club, hosted by Jo Ki. Showcasing the best of the BBC mini-monitor in optimally set-up system/room. Driven by Jo's new toy, his FM 155 Preamp, into Quad Monoblocks.

3. Room 8034 - Uncle-Vic has announced he will be there to help demo the new Manger.

Last edited by WongKN on Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
WongKN
WongKN

Number of posts : 1795
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

KLAVS 2010 - Recommended Listening destination Empty Re: KLAVS 2010 - Recommended Listening destination

Post by uncle_vic Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:21 pm

It's room 8034 not 8043. The Manger dealers are Mr. Chan YC and Mr.Eng, Uncle Vic just help oversee the setting up and the final compromises made as regards to how the room acoustics will affect the equipment combination,(the 3 persons still discuss rationally how the sound should be presented on the show day) and listeners 1st impression when they enter the room. We have decided we will try to play as much 'real world music' as possibly can. Unless the general public insist with the 'ching chang and bang bang' kind of sound!

uncle_vic
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2009-09-07

Back to top Go down

KLAVS 2010 - Recommended Listening destination Empty Re: KLAVS 2010 - Recommended Listening destination

Post by uncle_vic Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:31 pm

Another room that u should so listen is the TAD room, with the car ICE demo outside this ballroom. I was there this afternoon with Guru Jo Ki help aligned the speaker placement with laser equipments. U don't want to miss this, what proper speaker placement could add the additional enjoyment to your listening experience. KLAVS 2010 - Recommended Listening destination Icon_lol

uncle_vic
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:35 am

Nice meeting you at the show, uncle_vic. The Manger can really produce some good bass. I must say that I quite like it KLAVS 2010 - Recommended Listening destination Icon_biggrin .
htkaki
htkaki
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 674
Registration date : 2009-01-22

http://www.htkaki.com

Back to top Go down

Post by uncle_vic Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:34 am

Hi htkaki, nice to meet up with u too. Was interesting sharing your views on subwoofer setup, hardware and the difficulties of working and setting up sub related ancillaries in a unfriendly enviroment.

uncle_vic
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by uncle_vic Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:49 pm

Hi Wong KN & friend, I missed u guys early in the morning on friday. I was running around doing some last minute work la. Perhaps we have better chances at meeting with any future hifi4sale meetings. cheers.

uncle_vic
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down