Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Speaker Stand's speaker sitting base

4 posters

Go down

Speaker Stand's speaker sitting base Empty Speaker Stand's speaker sitting base

Post by adrian4454 Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:57 am

Been having nightmare knowing my speakers havent been sitting fully on a stand. So I have someone machined the speaker base for me. Now you can see, it sits totally. A big foot effect.

This is very important. I dont understand why some stands are made not to sit the speaker fully, or have them feeling "tipsy" on a 3 points setting as coupling. I do know thatn 3 points made special sounf effect of warm~warm mellow approach, but this is never the correct way to start with, IMO. So mine is on a 4 point washers coupling with the new base. Not ideal, as the contact between them are compromised because of uneven washer and hole in between.

But even that doesnt stop the speaker from making a statement on the new full sitting. Bass are faster and fuller, midrange is bolder now. high starting to get higher.. well, not my cup of tea, but I see there is other way to counter this back later.

IMO also, those high hill tipsy looking cons for speaker coupling between the sitting is all wrong. No doubt on the good 1 way resonance grouding, but how about the horizontal moment generated by the driver? hmm.. me planning to make my own little basic coupling for this...

Below are the pictures, enjoy. Thanks.
[img]https://www.hifi4sale.net/Speaker Stand's speaker sitting base Epos110[/img]

[img]https://www.hifi4sale.net/Speaker Stand's speaker sitting base Epos210[/img]

[img]https://www.hifi4sale.net/[url=https://servimg.com/view/13983930/89]Speaker Stand's speaker sitting base Epos310[/img][/url]

[img]https://www.hifi4sale.net/Speaker Stand's speaker sitting base Epos410[/img]

Last edited by adrian4454 on Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong photos)

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Speaker Stand's speaker sitting base Empty Re: Speaker Stand's speaker sitting base

Post by bal Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:49 am

Hi Adrian,
...just wondering how much of a difference this made to your listening experience?

Thanks.
Bal.

bal

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Character sheet
Source(s): CEC T2, Oppo blu ray, mac mini running Audirvana thro Teac ud 501 dac
Amplification: conrad Johnson, Oddessy Khartago mono b
Speakers: maggie 1.7

Back to top Go down

Speaker Stand's speaker sitting base Empty Re: Speaker Stand's speaker sitting base

Post by VS126 Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:02 am

Hi Bal,

Maggie May fitting in comfortably?
Got over the jetlag?
VS126
VS126
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Character sheet
Source(s): MacMini, 16GB RAM, SSD with Clones mPsu / Clones Asher DSD Dac
Amplification: Crayon CFA 1.2, Red Dragon S500, Clones Audio 25PM /AP2
Speakers: Spatial Hologram M3 Turbo S, Spatial Lumina 12Be Statement and soon Spatial X-1 Uniwave with Vinnie Rossi Lio 4 channel Ultracapacitor amp.

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:08 am

Hi Bal,
It is not a day and night difference, but you will appreciate what it can bring out the best of ur speaker can do. at least there is a special treats from every 10 secs of the music... where u hear notes being played slightly better and bolder..

Very initial... need to have it run in also you know Smile

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by bal Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:56 am

Thanks Adrian,
this helps. Sometimes i don't know if i should improve on things or just let it slide.

Other's experience (yours included, thanks so much) do help guide me.

Bal.

bal

Character sheet
Source(s): CEC T2, Oppo blu ray, mac mini running Audirvana thro Teac ud 501 dac

Back to top Go down

Post by bal Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:30 am

VS126 wrote:Hi Bal,

Maggie May fitting in comfortably?
Got over the jetlag?

What's that Vince? I don't read your posts anymore...i just stare and stare and stare and stare at your avatar....God those are yummy bummies...

sigh.

Bal.

ps Maggie sounding really nice with anticables speaker cables. They seem to like solid core cables. Just like your solid hard core avatar... What a Face

bal

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by wingman Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:17 am

Hi Adrian...

Have you tried placing you speakers on 1 inch thick foam ( the rigid / firm type ) ? Try and share what's the difference in SQ ?

Have my speakers on wood and placed on 1 inch thick foam... both have different SQ's.

You can get these foams as discarded packing materials.... Smile

Some may like and some may not....so its goes with ones ears... Wink

Cheers Very Happy
wingman
wingman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-08-10

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:40 am

Hi Wingman,
Thanks for the recommendation, but I believe anything that behaving on absorbing vibration through mean of being soft and rubbery instead of inert, will blurt the notes of music.

You should try to put 4 washers like me and here the difference! Most likely this will be an improvment~

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by bal Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:24 am

Hi Adrian,

any difference btwn the washers you use & tip toes? Just wondering..

Bal.

bal

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:18 am

hmm... about that... In fact I dont really have a chance to try out the real tip type cons. Anyone can lent me to try out?

I do tried those button screw nuts. Base on that, the sound will be light footed, sounding airy and delicate. While the washers are as airy, but never this delicate; more punch and better extension.. IMO.

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down