Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Where To Get Good CDs in Singapore

+2
kakibook
ARTESUANO
6 posters

Go down

Where To Get Good CDs in Singapore Empty Where To Get Good CDs in Singapore

Post by ARTESUANO Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:26 pm

Hi There,
Anyone know where can I get any good CDs in Singapore.
It can be new or used CDs for sale.
I'm looking for jazz or classical especially 1st pressing CDs.

ARTESUANO
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Where To Get Good CDs in Singapore Empty Re: Where To Get Good CDs in Singapore

Post by kakibook Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:48 pm

they are lots of shops in singapore - Adelphi that sells foreign pressing cd. try to look for music valley and you can listen to the cd with his 'consonance setup'.

if u happen to listen, walk behind his system and reports back what you see at the back.

kakibook
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2009-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by kychoo99 Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:25 pm

There is a little shop manned by a 50++ years old boss at level 2 of Adelphi. The shop is kinda cramp with lots of CD shelves packed with CDs & LPs but it have lots of imported and out of print CDs. As i said its kinda of cramp, so knowing the title that you wanted to know buy will help ... just ask the Boss & he will find for you. And inside the shop at the end of those CD shelves, you will see a highly impressive ML setup for you to test your CD Shocked Very Happy. On the other hand, the CD shop chain in Spore with the name "THAT CD SHOP" (one of the shop is in LG of Raffles City) carried a huge number of imported, audiophile & remaster CD as well. Happy shopping ... its painful ... to the wallet pirat
kychoo99
kychoo99
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2011-01-06

Character sheet
Source(s): Wadia
Amplification: Krell + Mcintosh
Speakers: Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by tycham Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:47 am

kychoo99 wrote:There is a little shop manned by a 50++ years old boss at level 2 of Adelphi.

I believe it is at Level 3.
tycham
tycham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Character sheet
Source(s): Digital
Amplification: Solid State
Speakers: Bookshelf

Back to top Go down

Post by zeebee Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:42 pm

kakibook wrote:they are lots of shops in singapore - Adelphi that sells foreign pressing cd. try to look for music valley and you can listen to the cd with his 'consonance setup'.

if u happen to listen, walk behind his system and reports back what you see at the back.

Bro,

I looked at the back, unsure what you meant Very Happy Very Happy only noticed the pair of Living Voice speakers he used, sama model like mine, different veneer ...

Btw, spent about 3 hours yesterday going round and round and round the Adelphi and I would heartily recommend Music Valley for CDs and LPs which I initially went Ga-ga when looking at the price, same as in US minus the shipping costs (and the waiting time). Very Happy Very Happy

By the way, please avoid ROXY like a plague Evil or Very Mad which sells a lot of LPs without price tags which you SHALL end up paying more. Summo, when politely asked for a particular album, he replied (almost) caustically.. 'look over there la' which I didn't find anyway..

Another thing I take note, of course, is that the Singapore hifi retailers 'hospitality' isn't much of an improvement over the Malaysian brethren.. Exceptions are (and ironically) I was only able to listen to a pair of Maggies 1.7 at Absolute Sound, being entertained by one Mr Siva; only after the listening session that I mentioned to him that I used to own a pair which he took very well and offered to listen further. Another one is the Jeben shop (headphones and headphone amps) which is choc-a-bloc with people but they still offered me a listen to the cans. But in most other shops I was greeted either almost a smirk at best or nonchalant look when I enquired about a thing or two. In one shop, a gwai loh was better attended to when he was enquiring about a IC when I was enquiring about the same cables Mad Mad ... but I digress..

'That CD Place' is also having sale now with the 'Buy 3 for S49.90' tagline, I went in the shop at Marina Bay Sands but didn't buy any CD. Another place selling almost everything 50% off or buy 2 get 1 free is Gateway Music Centre at Harbourfront Centre... Got a couple of DMP CDs and other imported CDs @$10 a pop.. Maybe the Unker is closing the shop soon. Embarassed

But if you have an excuse to go Downsouth, as opposed to Downunder, the LPs are definitely better priced than here... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Yes, it was painful to the wallet and literally the beckside as I had to handcarry all the LPs and CDs in the backpack all the way... Laughing Laughing well, the agony and ecstasy of this hobby.. cheers

Last edited by zeebee on Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:44 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : info typo and grammar...)
zeebee
zeebee
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 563
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by kakibook Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:17 am

well. behind that gears are the JPS snakes, the highend one.

kakibook

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2009-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by joeling Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:35 am

I think I do see some JPS banners at his shop.
joeling
joeling
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2009-06-25

Character sheet
Source(s): Aurender, Bergmann, AMR, DCS
Amplification: ARC
Speakers: ProAc

Back to top Go down

Post by ARTESUANO Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:23 pm

Hi Zeebee,
May I know which part of Singapore is Gateway Music Centre at Harbourfront Centre located. I went to Adelphi last weekend but almost same & not much new title available mostly are remastered.

ARTESUANO
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by zeebee Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:15 pm

The shop faces the ferry terminal to Batam Island and also next to the exit/entrance to the bus/coach terminal at ground level at Harbourfront not at Vivocity. Whether the discs are first pressing, collectibles or otherwise I'm unsure of. I just sapu discs especially from DMP which I have been buying since the mid-80's (pricey even then) and since they're very cheap bought some titles Isaw at the shop. Good luck mate Laughing
zeebee
zeebee
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by ARTESUANO Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:10 pm

Thanks Zeebee.
What DMP CDs did you bought?

ARTESUANO
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by zeebee Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:49 pm

ARTESUANO wrote:Thanks Zeebee.
What DMP CDs did you bought?

Bob Mintzer Big Band, Flim & BB's, Manfredo Fest, Garry Dials... etc all artist in the DMP camp, virtually unheard of but I do enjoy almost all of them so far (those I bought before). They're good artists (jazz/ big bands) and also partly due to the excellent recording by DMP.. horses for courses I suppose.. Anyway, I also bought a Lee Ritenour (Rit's House) CD which comprises of a few pages of thick paper with recording info in Chinese and English, forming a CD-sized booklet, exquisitely packaged but with a fine print bottom left corner stating 'Distribution In Mainland China Only'.. sounds marvelous.. Very Happy

Anyway, good bargain hunting.. Very Happy
zeebee
zeebee
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down