Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

How good is Oppo BD 95?

3 posters

Go down

How good is Oppo BD 95? Empty How good is Oppo BD 95?

Post by alphadog467 Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:23 am

I have been on looking for a CD player (or transport) for quite some time. With a budget of RM5k, there aren't many options available now that prices of hifi equipment have skyrocketed beyond the reach of many like me. As for the used market, I have been hoping to see good old players (such as the CEC TL-2X or TL-1) put up for sale, but no such luck. Besides, old players come with the risk of being door stoppers when their mechanism fail with no spare parts being readily available.

As I only have CDs (and do not own any SACDs or DVD-A), I have never looked at universal players until recently. The Oppo BD 95 is one of the few to have caught my attention - firstly, because of its price and secondly, because of the high praises it has received.

I do not know how much CMY sells this for but I would think that is around my budget. My question is this: is the Oppo BD 95 player as good as they say? Even better than the single-purpose CD players (such as the highly acclaimed Ayre CX-7emp)? Any reliability issues?

Happy to hear your experiences with the Oppo BD 95. Thanks.

alphadog467
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

How good is Oppo BD 95? Empty Re: How good is Oppo BD 95?

Post by elhefe Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:35 pm

Hi,

I own the Oppo player. But I only use for movie duties. Not too keen with the sound for 2 channel audio ie music. It sounds a bit harsh and also bright. But it may be because its running on my Yamaha AV amp rather then my dedicated hifi set up for music.

If your budget is RM5K, the price of Oppo player sold at CMY is within that budget.

https://www.hifi4sale.net/t19939-yamaha-rxv-2067-and-oppo-bdp-95-eu-personal-review

How good is Oppo BD 95? Whatsa11
elhefe
elhefe

Number of posts : 1371
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Character sheet
Source(s): Kronos PRO, Clearaudio Solutions AMG Wood, SONY MD, SONY HAP Z1 ES, HiFi ROSE RS150, ROON Nucleus, Aavik D280 DAC
Amplification: McIntosh MA9000, SPL Audio Phono
Speakers: Borresen X3, PMC Twenty5 26i, PMC Twenty LCR, PMC Twenty Sub, ARCAM AVR20, JL Audio Sub, Ascendo Sub.

http://www.notanotherhifiblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alphadog467 Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:50 pm

Thanks Elhefe.

That's what I suspected. Cannot trust mag reviews, even the likes of Stereophile.

If audio playback not good, I won't even consider. Am not into video playback.

alphadog467
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by sting Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:06 pm

recently listen to friend's setup using Oppo player not 95 but lower range and the sound is actually not bad at all. Can't imagine how good 95 would be. Compared to Marantz SACD..the oppo much more open and sound staging is good too. Btw, his setup is ultra highend, just waiting for esoteric player to be delivered.
sting
sting
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Character sheet
Source(s): Sony Discman
Amplification: BmB karaoke amplifier
Speakers: Jalan Pasar diy speakers

http://sting-journey.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down