Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Santana - Abraxas LP

Go down

Santana - Abraxas LP Empty Santana - Abraxas LP

Post by TheVinlyShop Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:45 pm

Santana - Abraxas LP Amob_110
Label: Mobile Fidelity
Genre: Pop/Rock
Product No.: AMOB 1305
Category: 180 Gram Vinyl Record

Description Tracks (9) Reviews (14)

One of rock's true masterpieces, this stunning sophomore effort was released in September 1970 to unanimous accolades and went No. One on the Billboard Pop Album chart. Utilizing the studio more in overall production than on their debut (especially in mixing and using cross-fades) the band and producer Fred Catero (Janis Joplin, BS&T, Chicago) still maintained the street energy and ethnic roots, while elevating Carlos' guitar passages to god-like status; resulting in the pinnacle of their album output. Wicked re-worked arrangements of songs as dichotomatic as the connecting of Peter Green's "Black Magic Woman" with Gabor Szabo's "Gypsy Woman" in medley, followed directly in sequence on side one with Tito Puente's "Oye Como Va" was both brilliant and on-par with anything going down in music at the time, period.
1. Singing Winds, Crying Beasts
2. Black Magic Woman/Gypsy Queen
3. Oye Como Va
4. Incident at Neshabur
5. Se a Cabo
6. Mother's Daughter
7. Samba Pa Ti
8. Hope You're Feeling Better
9. Nicoya

Customer Reviews (4.64 Stars) 14 person(s) rated this product.

Fantasticposted on 04/28/2012
5 Stars
Reviewer: David M
This is really a great issue. I bought the cd version a while back, and although very spacious sounding, it lacked bass somewhat, as others reported--as a result, I ordered the vinyl based on AS reviews. WOW. Perfect top to bottom balance (esp. bass!) and overall sound. It would be hard to better the sound here. Dynamic as some 45 rpm releases, with great clarity, but still a very cohesive sound. Great job, MF

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

great record, great soundposted on 04/21/2011
5 Stars
Reviewer: Jorge Ferreira
This is a great record with a great sound, excelent !!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not mint!posted on 07/21/2010
5 Stars
Reviewer: Gaute
This one sounds really good, but my copy arrived with scratches :-( I also bought the gold CD from mofi, just to compare! Even if the LP had some damage, I play it a lot, and find the sound to be very clean and detailed.

Truly stunning!posted on 06/14/2010
5 Stars
Reviewer: Michael
Never having owned any Santana recordings "back in the day," I have only heard the standard cuts from the radio. Boy, was I in for a pleasant surprise! Gorgeous recording and production values, fantastic playing (as I had already known), and just an all around beautiful musical experience! The sound stage is amazing, and the clarity of the highs, depth of the lows, and vividness of the mids is so perfect. Don't think it gets any better than this!

Worth the money.posted on 03/05/2010
5 Stars

After listening to this Mofi pressing for the first time, I feel that it is well worth the money. It sounds much more "alive" than any of my original santana pressings.

MOFI at its bestposted on 02/12/2010
5 Stars
Reviewer: Steve R
I saw a reviewer that stated; "a dull, detailess pressing". It is hard for me to believe he bought this copy. In fact I would caution just the opposite. This pressing is very dynamic with surgical accuracy. It is not bright, but it certainly is not rolled off on top or bottom. In fact I would say that if your system is a little thick on the bottom or a little hot on top, this pressing will expose every flaw in it. Highly recommended!

A vaste of moneyposted on 02/06/2009
1 Stars

A dull detailess pressing with muddy bass and hazy mid range. My late 70's british pressing is way superior. Whatever happened to MOFI?

Phenomenalposted on 10/15/2008
5 Stars
Reviewer: Andy Q
An incredible album, my favorite Santana record and an amazing vinyl pressing. The opening rhythm of Singing Winds sets the tone... this is a masterpiece both musically and sonically.

Buy thisposted on 03/20/2008
5 Stars
Reviewer: EdAInWestOC
The new MFSL has had a few good ones in its short re-existence. I took a chance and if this is any indication of things to come I'll line up to buy everything else they make. Top quality/quiet pressing, outstanding sonics and great music makes for what we all wish for.
Well done MFSL...welcome back.

Spellbinding!posted on 03/08/2008
5 Stars
Reviewer: Drewcifer33&1/3
Playing the new MoFi remaster of Santana's legendary Abraxas conjures up a lot of teenage memories for me; 1970's summer nights with the FM radio piping from the car as we lounged by the lake, stargazing. Or wearing clunky big headphones in my room in the wee hours, spacing out to Carlos, Rolie and that stereophonic percussion. The future was endless and anything was possible. Abraxas was the sountrack to our dreams. Dream again with this sonically beautiful reissue.

As good as newposted on 03/05/2008
5 Stars
Reviewer: randal habeeb
I have what I believe is a first or at least very early pressing of the original release of this album in nm condition This remaster is the equal in many respects and surpasses in others. Plus I can listen without some minor tics and pops that are embedded in my original pressing. Highly recommended.

Price: RM 195
The Vinyl Shop 0321100584

TheVinlyShop
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 323
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down