Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Import taxes - record cleaning machines

+5
samazzah
wingman
y2k52
DrWho
j22
9 posters

Go down

Import taxes - record cleaning machines Empty Import taxes - record cleaning machines

Post by j22 Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:33 pm

I was thinking of shipping in a record cleaning machine. Has anyone done this before and what are the taxes I should expect?

j22
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Import taxes - record cleaning machines Empty Re: Import taxes - record cleaning machines

Post by DrWho Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:42 am

You could try this Trariff Code 8519.30.90.00
It is for Turntable - others category, eg accessories or parts etc
There is no import duty but attracts a sales tax of 10%.
Any item with a declared CIF value of less than RM500 is duty and tax exampted.
DrWho
DrWho
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2009-10-05

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers: Genelec

Back to top Go down

Import taxes - record cleaning machines Empty Re: Import taxes - record cleaning machines

Post by y2k52 Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:18 pm

For purchase of new tube amplifier from Taiwan what are the tax we have to pay and how much?

y2k52

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by wingman Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:33 am

Hi J...

Not sure if you are aware there is a locally made RCM made and sold by Audio Image. Have one in my stable, build quality is good, robust and heavy. Purchased it a while back for RM2K.

The Thread that discusses on the locally made RCM and a few other makes ( overseas ): https://www.hifi4sale.net/t22731-record-cleaning-machine?highlight=record+cleaning+machine

Have a look and compare.

cheers Very Happy
wingman
wingman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-08-10

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by samazzah Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:33 pm

Hi jj2,

If the machine you intend to purchase is a slot vacuum machine, then you might be better off buying from Audio Image, its a beefed up version of the VPI HW16.5, otherwise you might want to look at Nitty Gritty or Clearaudio - available locally - you might do worse with a China made one with no guarantee of parts.. However if the RCM is a sophisticated tonearm type like Keith Monks or Lorricroft or a ultrasound by a German company, the code is 8522908099. Usually its duty free.
samazzah
samazzah
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Character sheet
Source(s): CA Azur 851 Streamer/Michell Gyro/OL Conqueror/ VDH Frog
Amplification: Nuprime STA-9
Speakers: B&W 706 /AVI DM 10

Back to top Go down

Post by j22 Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:54 pm

Thanks! That's what I was hoping for. Yes I am deciding between cheap (local machine, a no-brainer over the VPI 16.5), midrange (Clearaudio, mostly just quieter, smaller and nicer looking but functionally about the same) or premium (import a Loricraft). Notice you just sold your Clearaudio - what did you buy to replace it?

j22
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by samazzah Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:22 pm

You're welcome, anything to help. Yes, I did sell my Clearaudio and bought a Loricroft for the main reason I had too many ancient records that could defeat the best of RCMs (the secret is the scrubbing technique more than the vacuuming, according to the net blogs, seems right) the Loricroft was much quieter and able to deal with those weird sized records - sometimes I plan to quit the vinyl game altogether because of this. By the way, that customs code is the harmonised code that Loricroft gave and was delivered via the courier with no duties.
samazzah
samazzah
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by j22 Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:21 am

samazzah, are you saying there's not a world of difference between the cleaning ability of the Smart Matrix Pro and the Loricraft? I plan to use it with mostly newer records, nothing out of the ordinary.

j22
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by samazzah Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:24 pm

Ok, here goes, there will be differences. But the Loricraft (arm type RCM) does better with really dirty records and removes the ground-in-dirt and severe fungus growth better but only after a couple of times. The slot RCMs - and a cheap one is the Okki Nokki, same as Clearaudio - are great and indispensable for newer records, would not play records without one. Just remember that you have to brush those felt lips of the slot type RCM each time to avoid carrying the dirt over and replace them regularly.
samazzah
samazzah
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by RobA4 Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:58 pm

samazzah,

I too am considering importing the Loricraft and am awaiting written confirmation from Kastam as to what the tariff code is before confirming with Jane of Loricraft.

I take it you still had to pay the sales tax?

RobA4
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by samazzah Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:48 pm

RobA4,

Actually, the tariff code is harmonised and so the tariff code from Jane (Pierpoint) will be correct in this country. I do not recall even paying sales tax, it was brought straight to my office's doorstep, usually I'd get a call from the freight forwarder to accept and pay duties at their office before collecting. Here's a tip : buy now, the GBp is low. You can check the kastam duties at http://tariff.customs.gov.my/ - don't wait for them.
samazzah
samazzah
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by j22 Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:54 pm

The low pound makes the Loricraft really tempting!!!

If I am only using it on newer, fairly clean records what would you recommend? The loricraft takes about a minute per side (one pass) were as the slot machine does 2 turns in 7 seconds...

j22
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by RobA4 Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:10 pm

It is because of the lower GP that I am going for the Loricraft.

Samazzah, you got which model?

My VPI16.5, good as it is (noisy enough to wake the dead) just has too much cross contamination to deal with.

Do you have such issues especially when you flip over after cleaning the first side?

RobA4
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by samazzah Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:01 pm

Naturally the cheapest PRC3 Mk4. Considering the type of records I have (only some new ones but the rest are probably older than most HiFi4sale viewers - legacy records) its not worth paying so much for a cleaner. I even got the ex-dem model that Jane recommended - no cosmetic damage at all. I had to think a lo-o-ng time before deciding.
Agreed, that bit about quietness is important, could not stand the noise from the Nitty Gritty (very loud - my neighbours would know,..) to Clearaudio (quieter) to Loricraft (silent). Additionally the slot type RCM cannot vacuum more than 4 in a row without the motor getting very hot (Clearaudio better in this respect).
No issues when flipping over, the Loricraft has no static issues and nothing to clean unlike slot types i.e. the felt lips must be cleaned every time it is used. Only the brush to spread the cleaning fluid needs to be brushed - the same for slot type RCMs.
If you want my opinion, actually that Loricraft is fantastic for me and so sturdy is the build. Had some awful records that sounded like new after a few runs, something that the Nitty Gritty could not do. Only issue was that darned spool of string that vibrated like mad in use, could not get an O-ring to fit the spool spindle as recommended from the blogs so had to make do with some rubber bands - still looking for that O-ring. Good luck RobA4 and j22.
samazzah
samazzah
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by j3294 Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:06 pm

What are the taxes for a dac?

j3294

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by terenceng94 Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:59 pm

How does the Loricraft compare to the RCM sold in AudioImage I wonder? haha anyone planning to import in? wanna share shipping fees? :p

terenceng94
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 478
Registration date : 2013-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:28 pm

I feel any RCM with the same working principle ala VPI is sufficiently effective to a very good extent and purpose, which is why the design have survived for so long with numerous copies of the same working principle.
I've not seen a Loricraft in real, but I suppose the manufacturer knows better and sell this machine for a premium. Its common that people are concerned about price and a case of you get what you pay for. 
Filth on records vary and maybe have to do a few rounds to really get it very clean. Its up to you and your own judgement on the final result you want it to be.
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down