Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Marantz CDP - Shuffle Play

2 posters

Go down

Marantz CDP - Shuffle Play Empty Marantz CDP - Shuffle Play

Post by alamdamai1 Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:12 pm

hi, may i kindly enquire from all marantz cdp owners, when you set the player to shuffle/random play using the usb input, does the unit repeat back some of the tracks in the selected folder and would continue playing without stopping?

or would the player complete 1 cycle of play of the selected folder without any repeating the songs/tracks?

many thx for your reply as i'm considering getting a marantz cdp...

alamdamai1
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2011-12-28

Character sheet
Source(s): Marantz UDP 7007
Amplification: Cyrus 6a, Naim NAP 100
Speakers: KEF Q900

Back to top Go down

Marantz CDP - Shuffle Play Empty Re: Marantz CDP - Shuffle Play

Post by chin66 Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:32 pm

Didn't know the new Marantz CDP have USB input? I'm still using old vintage modded CD-63 model. This model can shuffle between the tracks in the CD but haven't test this feature so far (whether it will repeat back some of the tracks during CD play or continue playing without stopping in shuffle mode).

I also own a Marantz AV receiver which have a USB port. Guess I will also try it out if the shuffle mode does the above. But you are looking for CDP and not AVR...so feature may not work the same on CDP scratch

Want me to report back after my findings ? rabbit
chin66
chin66
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2012-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by alamdamai1 Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:51 pm

yes bro, pls do as my NA7004 keeps repeating some of the songs and may even miss several songs also in my mp3 folder...this do not happen in my cambridge audio DVD99...bounce

alamdamai1
Regular
Regular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by chin66 Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:05 pm

Yes sir.... will report back after testing Laughing
chin66
chin66
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chin66 Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:36 am

Ok bro, here are my findings.

First on my vintage modded CD-63 (without USB port ... of course ta da USB during the time it was first manufactured in 1990s but dunno can mod it now with a USB port ...Question ). The random function during CD play will randomly play all the tracks in the CD until no more tracks left, then the CDP will stop. The front LED display will initially list all the tracks available in the CD and upon each track played the said tracks will disappear from the display until none left.

Next up is my AVR SR5006, using thumbdrive inserted into the USB port. Selected the music folder and artist sub-folder and set to random play, the tracks started to play randomly within the selected sub-folder and then true enough some of the tracks are repeated again. The play mode doesn't seem to stop as it kept playing each and every tracks in the sub-folder randomly.

So based on the above finding on the AVR, I suspect this peculiarity (or should I say fault) runs across the rest of their products, probably including their CDP Twisted Evil. The only good thing that comes out of this fault that I can think of is we can set to random play in USB mode and leave our home for long vacation. The would-be-robbers will think twice breaking into a supposedly occupied house .... he he he lol!
chin66
chin66
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alamdamai1 Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:02 pm

thx bro 4 sharing on ur experience wif d SR5006....looks like i've 2 give a miss on getting d CD6004 n look elsewhere...but however, even d audiolab, cyrus or roksan dun even hv usb A input...left only wif cambridge audio... Rolling Eyes

alamdamai1
Regular
Regular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content