Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

what say you?

+16
car o scope
tannoy
mugenfoo
jazzy939
toda6866
VS126
cmboy
llsaw
hangleng
zeebee
drife
WongKN
bassraptor
bimmerman
bryanz
azri
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

what say you? - Page 2 Empty Re: what say you?

Post by bimmerman Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:43 pm

Wanna see my eyebags?
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Character sheet
Source(s): Mark Levinson
Amplification: KRELL
Speakers: Sonus Faber

Back to top Go down

Post by teleman51 Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:19 pm

bimmerman,
You must be tired carrying all that luggage around. what say you? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Shalom
teleman51
teleman51
teleman51
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Character sheet
Source(s): Marantz CD52 MK2.Ipod 4
Amplification: Marantz 2265 Receiver,Marantz 3800 Preamp,Marantz 140 Power amp,Marantz 1060 integrated
Speakers: Acoustic Energy Evo 1

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:15 pm

bimmerman, there's only 1 cure to your illness, you -HAVE- to buy the mark levinson. Don't torture yourself. Life is short. Just buy, buy, BUYYYYYYY !!!! what say you? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
WongKN
WongKN

Number of posts : 1795

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:21 pm

WongKN wrote:bimmerman, there's only 1 cure to your illness, you -HAVE- to buy the mark levinson. Don't torture yourself. Life is short. Just buy, buy, BUYYYYYYY !!!! what say you? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Waaah.... this one, REAL SH!T-STIRRING-STICK man.... what say you? - Page 2 Lol
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 2668
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Character sheet
Source(s): Technics Compact-Cassette Deck
Amplification: DIY Kit 15Watt
Speakers: Pasar Road Special.

Back to top Go down

Post by 7810sam Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:56 am

The amounts/varieties of taxes impose by bolehland is F ridiculous. Imaging palm oil, the moment your pick from the tree, there already so many taxes incur. By the time it reach final product, it's already cost a bomb. 80% of the cost are tax and this goes to gorment.

7810sam
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by bimmerman Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:10 am

teleman51 wrote:bimmerman,
You must be tired carrying all that luggage around. what say you? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Shalom
teleman51

Shalom Teleman and Maazel Tov. Yes, that luggage, it's ain't heavy brother, it's the burden we audiophiles gladly bear. what say you? - Page 2 Icon_rr
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by bimmerman Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:15 am

WongKN wrote:bimmerman, there's only 1 cure to your illness, you -HAVE- to buy the mark levinson. Don't torture yourself. Life is short. Just buy, buy, BUYYYYYYY !!!! what say you? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Yes uncle Wong, I will buy. But is anyone out there selling? I've already put up a WTB ad but got no response so far. Come on come on guys, help me ask around if anyone wants to let go... Than you all can come to my place for a Levinson vs Cary valve CD audition. Free natchos and dip. No booze til after the listening session. Don't want your hearing to be impaired till after the listening session. what say you? - Page 2 Drunken_smilie
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by bimmerman Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:18 am

7810sam wrote:The amounts/varieties of taxes impose by bolehland is F ridiculous. Imaging palm oil, the moment your pick from the tree, there already so many taxes incur. By the time it reach final product, it's already cost a bomb. 80% of the cost are tax and this goes to gorment.

Heavy taxes from palm oil right down to minyak kapak. The gomen is making billions from tax and then they tax our cars and want to cut our fuel subsidy somemore. How like that? Do we want this type of gomen?
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by chenht Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:29 am

bimmerman wrote:Wow Azri, what happened to the Mr. One Liner we know. Never seen you commit so many words in a single forum posting within such a short span of time before. what say you? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Well, in Australia they tax you but they also give it back to you ya. Your kids go to school, the government gives you money. You get laid off, they give you money, In fact in Australia the government can't find enough ways to give your money back to you. So says a Malay friend of mine who has just migrated to Melbourne. To my dear friend, syabas Syed! Hope to see you next Raya!

Also, unlike us, there are not as many toll roads in Australia like our boleh land.
chenht
chenht
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Character sheet
Source(s): Cary Audio
Amplification: Eletrocompaniet

Back to top Go down

Post by chenht Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:33 am

VS126 wrote:what say you? - Page 2 Proton10since we are at the proton bashing carvinal...I have this to share.
We Malaysians are paying very high prices for our own products.

Just look at the advertisment in Saudi above.

Proton Waja selling in Saudi for only RM35,673 but you and I must pay RM66,799 for the same car. (1 saudi riyal = rm0.94) Similar case in many other countries where proton are sold. Does it make any sense???

Somebody is milking us dry. To justify the price of Proton cars, they have to raise the price of all other makes. In the end we got rubbish and pay thru our nose.

Still buying Proton???

You know why it is called national car? Because eveyone in this nation subsidises this car Very Happy
chenht
chenht
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by chenht Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:39 am

bimmerman wrote:How long has it been since Proton started business? Almost 30 years already? "Stingy" as you claim the japanese to be with their technology, they helped Proton offload heaps of Sagas and later Wiras upon us. With that, Proton monopolised and prospered. And then Proton bought Lotus and that should have been a beginning of a new chapter for Proton. But what happened? Proton was still dumping 1980s-90s recycled Mitsubishis upon us. It's only last year we start to see some pretty decent offerings from Proton in the form of the Exora.

Slowly but surely, even the most automotively challenged buyer realised that something was amiss at Proton and bought Perodua, Hyundai, Kia dan lain lain...

Still want to blame the japanese or other car manufactures for not supporting proton? I don't think that's how it works. The japanese helped Proton monopolise and prosper and it's Proton who rested on their laurels knowing how gullable the general Malaysia car buyers are.

I say Tak Nak!

You are correct Bimmerman.

Hyundai started thei cars not much earlier than Proton. Look at where Hyundai is now, They are freaking light years ahead of our Proton. What is wrong with Proton? They must learn not to blame others for their failure.

I bought a Proton for my dad many years ago and there were lots of defacts. WHen I sent it back fto the dealer to complain, guess what the sales staff said?? "this is normal for Proton and you just have to accept the Proton quality"!!! Unbelievable.
chenht
chenht
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by bimmerman Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:29 am

They tried to change that "Proton is liddat one" perception by launching the Proton iCare program. In all fairness I can't say if Proton now cares or still don't care as I don't own a proton.

But what is quite evident with the change in CEO and change in general direction, some decent products are beginning to emerge from Proton namely the new Saga and Exora. I think they need a new Waja, Perdana and Persona though as these are getting long in the tooth. If they can address that quickly and commit to a 5 of less years product cycle then the might be on the right track.
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by teleman51 Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:44 am

Hi bimmerman,
new CEO, new direction,,new design,new model etc,etc.whatever@#$%*.
Ain't ever gonna buy another Proton.
It's just another scheme to put money into some
shady politician's pocket.
I currently am driving a 18 year old Toyota 1.6.
Minimum maintenance costs,good mileage,reliable,
solid buld.Somemore you want what ahhhhhh!!!!!!????.
Maybe I'm not moving with the times.Out of the race, so to speak.
But I'd rather have my money in my pocket than in Proton's.
Anyway, Proton was another hare brained idea of the MADHATTER. what say you? - Page 2 Icon_evil

Goodbye Proton!!!!enough said!

Shalom.
teleman51

Last edited by teleman51 on Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add comments.)
teleman51
teleman51
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Amplification: Marantz 2265 Receiver,Marantz 3800 Preamp,Marantz 140 Power amp,Marantz 1060 integrated

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:20 am

For me, we used to have a Proton Saga 1.3 Magma. Back during those times, Proton was actually quite a good car. Then I changed it to a Proton Wira 1.5A and from there things tumble downwards. I quickly changed the Wira to a re-cond Civic Vi.

The attitude of Proton was at its lowest shit back at that time. Power window motor failure - considered normal. The SC even laughed at me when I said I wanted to complain. 'Complain what ?' the service advisor said. 'You only a small kitchie meow customer, you think Proton even bothers if you complain ar ?' *&@ shit !!

I got bullied into paying cut-throat prices for fuel additives, windscreen wiper additive, engine oil additive. Everything also "Proton said must use, if not no warantty". When the window got stuck, I had to pay a cut-throat price for a stupid can of power window 'lubricant'. They just sprayed some and then kept the can. I noticed they charged me RM15 or 20 for it and demanded it back. They acted as if I was some idiiot. They talked down to me as if I don't know dick about cars - since I only drive a Proton Wira 1.5A, I must be a poor rakyat and can be easily bullied. Stories about how 'it is like that one', or how serving something like a Honda or Toyota is going to be ten times more expensive. They think that Wira was my main and only car.....

But the final straw for me was during the MyVi/Savvy debacle. Both were launched within days of each other. When the waiting list for MyVi threatened to stretch to 1 year, and news came to me that only 35 units of Savvy were booked, I thought of paying a visit to a Proton dealer just to check out if the Savvy is a viable alternative to the MyVi. You know the kind of f**king shit I got from the salesman ? Even with a 1 year waiting list, the P2 salesman was still willing to take an order for a bare no-options MyVi 1.0 and even promised to fight for early delivery for us (my parents). The f**king Proton salesman looked at me and told me if I want the car fast, I must take units with FULL OPTIONS costing almost 5k extra. If not, I must wait 3 months for delivery.

I kicked myself in the ass hard for being the stupid FOOL to actually wanted to give Proton any chance. Since then, I had vowed NEVER EVER to give that stupid useless excuse of a car manufacturer any of my business.
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by bimmerman Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:40 pm

Ahhhh... Now I see what all that anymosity against Proton is all about. Yeah, somehow, somewhere, sometime we were all short changed by Proton. Well, we have choices now in the form of Perodua and co. so it's wake up Proton or be shipped off with a one way ticket into oblivion.

Hey Teleman,
Madhatter you say??? what say you? - Page 2 Lol I fell off my chair laughing. I swear i've not heard of that one before. Hey, the Madhatter's been busy busy busy these days. And he's forgotten to take his pills. He's been going to the movies too you know and he's hatching conspracy theories about hollywood directors blowing up skyscrapers. I've lost all respect for the Hatter man. He's gone Ava-tarded on us.

You keep that Corolla SEG Mr. Teleman, it's serve you well.
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by bimmerman Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:48 pm

Mr. Mods, if my previous post about a certain mad cat in a hat was a little too sensative in nature for the forum, kindly censor away. Thanks!
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:13 pm

If there's ONE way to change the auto industry is a nationwide boycott that NO-ONE buy any new car for at least 2 years or more.
I just don't see any other way to prompt change. It have to be nationwide commitment otherwise its status quo indefinitely. Similarly, next GE is crucial. If the same regime is maintained.. just brace yourself for this land sliding further into doom.
Bah...its a tall call anyhow..not something easy to achieve in this bolehland.
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamkochai Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:31 pm

one man's dream is every 'rakyat malaysia' nightmare. just because one demented Dr M stupid vision we all have to suffer.

if only they allow Toyota to set up their factory here 20 years ago. Look how Thailand motor industry progresses today. They are the 'detroit in the east'. I stay in penang and i see alot of thai ppl driving in camry. the thais are not f**king rich so the toyota must be f**king cheap over there. Previously we still have petrol subsidise to compensate for the overtaxed foreign car but now....

Lamkochai
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Character sheet
Source(s): bryston bdp2, bryston dac, reimyo dac, Dps Turntable tonearm and benzmicro rubyz
Amplification: gryphon diable 300, genesis phono amp, diy tube amp
Speakers: marten django xl & audiophysic virgo

Back to top Go down

Post by teleman51 Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:41 pm

Hi bimmerman,
the madhatter is just another one of 99 names for 'the exalted' one.
Seems like you are not a regular on Malaysia Today.
Me, I'm with RPK.
Keeping my Corolla SEG even if there are no more 'kereta potong' parts from Japan to keep it going.
Never let me down, never stalled,keeps going & going,just my old faithful.Even Toyota does'nt make them like they used to, last I've heard.Still have offers to buy mine. what say you? - Page 2 Lol

Shalom
teleman51
teleman51
teleman51
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by bimmerman Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:40 pm

Shalom Teleman!

The exalted one. Seems immortal don't he? Anyways, I try to steer clear of politics because one bunch or rotten apples get voted out, fresh apples take their place and then the worms come out to spoil the rest of the fruit and it's voting time again. It's just another cycle and then another cycle and another... and before long we'd be dead and gone. What's the point?

This country is not lacking in kind souls but it sure lacks the talent to rise above medeocrity because the talents have all had the smarts to go plant their seeds and prosper elsewhere.

Me, i'm just here for the fish head curry, the char koey teaw, the rendang and lemang and the pina coladas.

Maazel Tov Teleman, goreng that telecaster nice and slow for me and then goreng somemore while I thumb out the basslines while my baby sings Brown eyed girl. La di lah!

Say, what's that you pun in ma drink, and and, these are not cigarettes i'm smokin! what say you? - Page 2 Drunken_smilie
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by bimmerman Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:45 pm

what say you? - Page 2 Gibson10

Gonna play ma Gibson till all them strings are broke. what say you? - Page 2 Drunken_smilie
bimmerman
bimmerman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:54 pm

Errr guys, I think we should stop here. Getting a bit too 'hot' here I feel. So I shall lock up the thread and let's get back to what matters most - music !
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum