Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Nordost Vidar VS. Blue Horizon Proburn Burn In Device.

4 posters

Go down

Nordost Vidar VS. Blue Horizon Proburn Burn In Device. Empty Nordost Vidar VS. Blue Horizon Proburn Burn In Device.

Post by fatman Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:46 am

Can anyone tell the difference between the quality of burn in via Nordost Vidar and the Blue Horizon Proburn? Please let me know the strength and weaknesses of each burn in device.

Thanks fellow audiophiles!

-FatMan

Last edited by fatman on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:49 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Edit question.)

fatman

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Nordost Vidar VS. Blue Horizon Proburn Burn In Device. Empty Re: Nordost Vidar VS. Blue Horizon Proburn Burn In Device.

Post by joeling Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:02 pm

What's the price like ? I'm kinda interested as well. Another manufacturer also selling burn in device :

http://www.hagtech.com/
joeling
joeling
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2009-06-25

Character sheet
Source(s): Aurender, Bergmann, AMR, DCS
Amplification: ARC
Speakers: ProAc

Back to top Go down

Nordost Vidar VS. Blue Horizon Proburn Burn In Device. Empty Re: Nordost Vidar VS. Blue Horizon Proburn Burn In Device.

Post by llsaw Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:03 am

>RM3K for the Proburn

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Character sheet
Source(s): Digital: Metronome Technologie CD8t S, Analogue: Clearaudio Ovation TT with Clarify tonearm and Clearaudio Stradivari V2 MC
Amplification: Gryphon Diablo 300 integrated amp, Gryphon Legato Legacy phonostage
Speakers: Audio Physic Cardeas 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Landy Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:56 pm

Somebody in penang offered a service where for a fee you can send in your cables for burning in. They claimed you can try to run-in your cables by yourself for weeks or months but it will never sound as good as their special burn in process. Can't recall which shop though.

CMY might be able to do it for a fee since they have the equiptment. Did not ask them though.
Landy
Landy
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2010-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by joeling Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:17 am

Yeah, I was at CMY today. RM3850 per set. Not competitive at all.

llsaw wrote:>RM3K for the Proburn
joeling
joeling
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:57 pm

Hey guys. You guys should start another thread on buying and selling burn in devices. Please, someone who has compared the two devices answer this thread. Thanks.

fatman

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:01 pm

Get back to the topic please!!!

fatman

Back to top Go down

Post by joeling Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:23 pm

U the guy I met in Adelphi ?
joeling
joeling
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:31 pm

Yup! That's me Nordost Vidar VS. Blue Horizon Proburn Burn In Device. Icon_biggrin . So did you manage to get your Nordost cables?

fatman

Back to top Go down

Post by joeling Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:18 pm

No, not yet, still thinking of what I'll get for pre / amp combo for the big system. Leaning towards Audio Research at the moment. U think Nordost will work ?

Regards,
Joe Ling
joeling
joeling
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:30 pm

If you are using Nordost, start at the bottom end (Speaker cable) or else it would sound too dynamic. if you get only one interconnect, use on pre to power not cd to pre and another brand of interconnect from pre to power. you follow this flow and you won't go wrong. Nordost are the best cables I've heard so far. even the entry levels so go for it bro. Are you still using a computer for your front end? If so, I have someone who brought in Onkyo PCI soundcard and to me, it is awsome! Let me know bro!

fatman

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:33 pm

Please PM me and I'll explain further. As I said, I would like this thread to remain for it's sole purpose.

fatman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down