Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Vintage 70's Altec Lansing (sold)

Go down

Vintage 70's Altec Lansing (sold) Empty Vintage 70's Altec Lansing (sold)

Post by HiFiLab Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:54 am

Since I fell in love with JBL speakers, I've wondered about Altec/Lansing, the other manufacturer with James B. Lansing's name in it. A person today could be forgiven for thinking that Altec/Lansing makes only cheap computer speakers. Now that I have lived with the Model One for a week, I get it. What a fine pair of speakers! They are beautifully made, but not as sexy as JBL L19s, for example. I choose this model because the Model 1 is similar in configuration (8 inch woofer, cone tweeter), and shares many sound characteristics: beautiful midrange, very nice highs and solid but not not boomy bass. This was the only sealed (as opposed to ported) system in the Altec line and is a conservatively designed and classic speaker: not flashy, it will draw your attention to the music.

Altec Lansing Model One II
The second generation of Altec Lansing Bookshelf Models
Perhaps more than any other single audio component, the speaker-on-the-shelf has come to represent Hi-Fi. Its classic design and compact size have made it a favorite the world over. But all bookshell speakers are far from being equal.

At Altec Lansing, have always believed that their speakers should deliver outstanding performance.

So Altec Lansing  invest years of research and refinement in every product their make. The result of this effort is the Series II Bookshell  Line.

Five speakers - each an exceptional performer. Each made better by subtle changes in acoustic design, construction techniques and material selection. Changes like the new hybrid magnet designfound in the Models one through Seven.

Until now, speaker magnet structure design was either of the traditional Alnico or ceramic type.

The Alnico type uses a voice coil that surrounds the magnet. It has been found, however, that the interaction of the voice coil and the magnet will eventually cause the magnet to partially demagnetize. The result is a loss of sensitivity and a muddy bass sound. The ceramic magnet poses a different problem. Here the voice coil moves around the pole piece and is surrounded by the magnet. The thinner magnet, however, creates a clearance problem for the voice coil.

The Altec Lansing hybrid magnet design  combines the best of both magnet types. The new design still has the magnet around the voice coil, but the new "top hal" design eliminates the clearance problem.  Of course the one thing we would never change is the quality that Altec Lansing is known for. We still mke all our speaker components and all our bookshelf speakers are finished with real wood veneers.

So if you're looking for top performance combined with the classic appearance of a bookshelf speaker,  search the Altec Lansing for a demonstration of the Series II Bookshelf speakers

Specifications
Speaker Components:
Low Frequency :  8" bass driver
High Frequency :  4" frame cone driver
Nominal Impedance:  8 Ω
Crossover Frequency:  3500 Hz
Enclosure Type:  Sealed
Sensitivity:  89 dB (SPL)
Frequency Response:  50 Hz - 20 kHz
Dispersion:
Vertical :  120° at -6 dB
Horizontal :  125° at -6 dB
Long Term Broad Band Maximum Power:  30 watts
Amplifier Operating Range:  10 watts to 75 watts
Long Term Maximum Acoustic Output:  104 dB SPL at 30 watts
Finish:  Hand-rubbed oiled walnut
Grille:  Acoustically transparent brown knit fabric mounted on removable frame.
Dimensions (H x W x D):  570 x 305 x 280 mm (22 ½" x 12" x 11")
Weight:
Net :  11,8 kg (26 lbs)
Shipping :  27,2 kg (30 lbs) 2 units per carton

Last edited by HiFiLab on Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total

HiFiLab
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 2967
Registration date : 2011-03-12

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification: