Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Looking for Integrated Amp with HT bypass

3 posters

Go down

Looking for Integrated Amp with HT bypass Empty Looking for Integrated Amp with HT bypass

Post by Mikapoh Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:06 am

Hi All,

I am looking for an integrated amp with ht bypass to pre-out from my Denon receiver. I am using Rega Apollo cd player and speakers are MS Mezzo 6.

The shortlist amps within my budget are:

1. Cambridge Audio Azur 840A
2. Naim Nait 5I-2

Which one of the above is recommended for pure music listening and also as a power amp to drive front speakers (Mezzo) in movies watching? The CA 840A is rated 120wpc while Naim is only 50wpc. While sound decent in music, I also would like the amp to have slam effect in movies. Anyone to shade some lights? Thanks.

Mikapoh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Looking for Integrated Amp with HT bypass Empty Re: Looking for Integrated Amp with HT bypass

Post by mugenfoo Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:22 am

both very different sound. If the Naim Nait is going to be the "only Naim" in your system, you're better off going for a non-Naim amp instead.

Naims partner best with their own equipment always, and will stick out like a sore thumb if used with a myriad of different other brands.
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 2668
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Character sheet
Source(s): Technics Compact-Cassette Deck
Amplification: DIY Kit 15Watt
Speakers: Pasar Road Special.

Back to top Go down

Looking for Integrated Amp with HT bypass Empty Re: Looking for Integrated Amp with HT bypass

Post by adrian4454 Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:07 am

Hi Mika,
If you ask me, I would consider some weird stuffs instead. Dont restrict yourself to HT bypass. If you are looking for the best sound for the money, I would suggest:
- Virtue Audio Two.2 (Class T Amp), (since you are living in Kuching, import from US wont be too bad an idea either)
- Audio GD Power amp...
- Exposure 3010s2 Power amp

Although Pre amp might be an important matter in music; but a value added investment like a Stereo Power Amp may give you better satisfaction. Your MS Mezzo 6 looks like an easy speaker to drive; dont get too carry away from the power.. if you are not looking for rock concert performance every time.

Last edited by adrian4454 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Class T Not D...)

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down