Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

the best speakers?

5 posters

Go down

the best speakers? Empty the best speakers?

Post by ruimoutinho Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:11 pm

Good morning everyone

In your opinion what are really the best speakers to listening audio on a computer?

Unfortunately, in Europe, we can't find the Klipsch Promedia (only U.S.). I think those are unbeatable.

I have some old ladies Creative Inspire 2.1 2400. I have always liked. But I want to raise the bar. What do you propose? Provided that:
- I intend to connect my computer to an external sound card 5.1
- I intend - for very good that the columns are to replace the two major satellites for other columns that I have here (4 ohms).

Actually, I also have my pc connected to the amplifier. It is a very good sound. Unfortunately i don't have a external sound card that has optical output (digital) for so do not miss the dts and / or 5.1 some files. I have the soundcard connected to the amp via 2xRCA. Just stereo. But good, actually.
Incidentally, I have had doubts about this: my computer is a dell inspiron 1525. The soindcard is a "SigmaTel High Definition Audio Controller STAC9228X". However, I bought an external creative xmod. Very practical and excellent design. It is from this external soundcard (which connects to the computer via usb) where I turn the RCA cable to the amplifier. But I'm always wondering: IS THAT SOUND CARD OF MY COMPUTER BETTER THAN THIS EXTERNAL XMOD? I dont now. But I know he liked to experiment the sound of the link. She have toptical output!!!
http://www.ixbt.com/multimedia/creative/surround51/backb.jpg

one more question:
I have a Pioneer VSX-416 amplifier which can switch the speaker impedance to 6 or 8 ohms. I was told the technical assistance that would not have problems / technical implications of putting some speakers in front with 8ohms and behind 6 ohms. They added that in this case would be better then switch to 6 ohms. My question is, and do another "schema" and change only the center column to one that i like so much, but have... 4 ohms? Damage the amplifier? Switched to 6 damage? Switched to 8 damage?

thanks

ruimoutinho

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-02-04

Back to top Go down

the best speakers? Empty Re: the best speakers?

Post by bal Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:44 am

Hi,
could you move this to the proper forum please? This one is for music/videos only.

Thank you.

Bal.

bal

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Character sheet
Source(s): CEC T2, Oppo blu ray, mac mini running Audirvana thro Teac ud 501 dac
Amplification: conrad Johnson, Oddessy Khartago mono b
Speakers: maggie 1.7

Back to top Go down

Post by flyfly Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:40 pm

No such thing of best speakers around..as someone coment:your milegae may varies.

You may use normal bookshelf or floor stander depends on your listening room,how much space do you have.

You may raise the bar or a notch up by just using a pure standalone dedicated Hifi equipment,it surely much more conviencing.

I guess you can achieve with more cost effective way..find your self a good DAC/ Headphone AMP. Invest on good pair of headphone and that is pretty much done yet yield good result. Come on think out of BOX. Dont listen in a BOX.
flyfly
flyfly
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by chchyong89 Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:11 pm

there is no best if there is nothing as reference. bounce

chchyong89
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by teleman51 Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:37 pm

ruimoutinho,

I can't for the life of me make out what you are asking.
Errrrrrr, maybe you just move on down to some other forums
topreferably ask someone who can answer all your questions in
Portugese.

cheers,
teleman51 Shocked Shocked
teleman51
teleman51
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Character sheet
Source(s): Marantz CD52 MK2.Ipod 4
Amplification: Marantz 2265 Receiver,Marantz 3800 Preamp,Marantz 140 Power amp,Marantz 1060 integrated
Speakers: Acoustic Energy Evo 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down