Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group

+37
naza7174
Andy
elhefe
flyfly
green_ugly
Jareekoo
Apole
alfred
JediSavant
T.S.Yong
fizi
tycham
knight
carz
chenht
mpyw
adrian4454
sss333
cmboy
mugenfoo
jat
jchong
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
mohfudz
WongKN
cyh
rsbn589
shslpg
Mikapoh
zeebee
chamts1
jokiarch
car o scope
tlkoo
htkaki
41 posters

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 2 Empty Re: Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group

Post by htkaki Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:39 pm

What a surprise visit by chamts1. Nice meeting you. Very Happy

The stage is ready!

Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 2 620ba007
htkaki
htkaki
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 674
Registration date : 2009-01-22

http://www.htkaki.com

Back to top Go down

Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 2 Empty Re: Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group

Post by htkaki Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:58 am

Session over.

Primary objective : To test the capability of Audio Note OTO SE Signature series.

Equipment list :
CDP : Exposure 3010s2
Speaker cables : Ultralink Platinum MK II Ambiance
Loudspeakers :
1. Triangle Trio
2. Chartwell LS3/5A (yes, you read it right)

Attendee: 7 ppl with some bringing their own CDs

Started off with Trio. Beautiful vocal indeed from this AN OTO SE. In fact, it is very captivating. Now, I know why many of Mr Oh's friends are being smitten by it including himself. Forward sounding with great depth and soundstage imaging. Only downside is the bass. Could not ask for more for a 10W tube amp.

Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 2 IMG_6461

Swapped Chartwell. Again, our prediction does come true. The OTO SE Signature struggled to drive Chartwell. Fearing that we might inflict any 'wound' as well as 'hurting' Unc Jo's love, we decided to stop playing Chartwell. The OTO SE only has 8ohm and 4ohm selection.

The LS3/5A is indeed very fussy on partner. With its odd 11ohm and very low sensitivity, many amps would take a beating be it ss amp or tube amp.

More report to follow... Time to hit the bed.
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikapoh Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:29 am

I have been following this thread with great interest, great sum-up. Keep them coming.

Mikapoh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:40 am

What a great night!! The Chartwell made a surprise appearance. Very challenging task for those amplifiers.

At the closing stages, we switched the speakers and gave the Triangle Magellan Cello a short run. The moment when we played the first track, Shelby Lynne's Just A Little Lovin', the bass makes me drool. The only time I have heard of this kind of bass was at a friend's place.
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1081
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by cyh Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:56 am

Question-
- Did Oto play with Mag?

Btw, I thought, compare with the KSA, the KAV did quite well with the Mag
Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 2 Photo013
cyh
cyh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 326

Back to top Go down

Post by cyh Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:02 am

Oh ok Oto did play with Mag Embarassed
Didnt read properly, now I guess that's why Max assumed we are 50 yrs old What a Face . BTW according to kids at Sunway...BEAST ROCKS!!!!
cyh
cyh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:12 pm

Yesterday session really rocked. In fact, it was so much fun that I'd forgotten to MMS the photo to you at abt 11pm.

Some very candid comments. Our 'Danish' friend insisted to try LS3/5A at his home. He thought his can drive it since it is such a small speakers to him. Mr Straightforward told him to forget about it lol!

btw, I'd prepared tomorrow's menu.
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:42 pm

Talking about candid moments makes me think of the 'Bread toast with Pepper' analogy again. Razz
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:39 pm

A more than 3 hours test session today. Sort of blind test where participants were told to leave the dark room after each song. Comparison was done to gauge each speaker's capability (2 floorstanders; French Genese lady and Canadian Signature V2.0 lass). Only loudspeakers were swapped for the first 4 songs. The amp used was AN OTO SE Signature.

There was a notable issue when being played out. Distortion set in. So, need to play at AN's near limit. It could probably due its 10w rating (EL24 tubes). Nonetheless, its vocal reproduction is exemplary well executed.

Subsequent test musics were carried out by using Krell KRC HR and Krell KSA-200 to test dynamics.

More report after dinner.

The test CDs :

1. Shelby Lynn - Track 1 : Just A Little Lovin'
Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 2 51yeya5JRrL._SL500_AA300_-150x150
This track was played for the opening session. Twice with different loudspeakers.

2. Manger CD
Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 2 Mangertest
Track 15 - The O-Zone Percussion Group : Jazz Variants

The French Genese Lady
3 way loudspeakers (25mm horn loaded titanium dome tweeter, 16cm cellulose pulp cone and two 16cm fibreglass cones woofers)
Nominal impedance :8ohm
Sensitivity : 92dB/w/m
Freq response : 35 Hz – 20 KHz (+/- 3 dB)
Dimension :1170 x 233 x 372mm
Weight : 26kg

Canadian Signature V2.0 Lass
3 way loudspeaker (a 25mm P-Be,
"pure" beryllium dome,
17.8cm cobalt-infused pure-aluminum midrange driver cone and two 17.8cm mineral-filled polypropylene woofer cones)
Nominal impendance : 8ohm
Sensitivity : 91dB/w/m
Freq response :
50Hz-45kHz +/-2dB
Low Frequnecy Extension : 28Hz
Dimension : 111.0 cm x 21.0 cm x 34.5 cm
Weight : 31.8kg

Both are of the almost identical price range with the Canadian costing a bit more.

Exterior design is kind of love it or hate it affair with the Canadian especially without the grille. The cherry finishing is considerably good but the footing can be better. The grille is the normal plug fitting type as oppose to the magnetic grille found in French lady. The french mahogany cabinet looks classier and sexier too.

Last edited by htkaki on Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:30 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : added more info)
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by cyh Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:18 pm

Hi Guys!
Had an enjoyable afternoon last Sunday! Thanks Max again for the opportunity & experience. Mmmm... after all these years, my 1st blind test..lol!
- Lowyat guys sure brought alot of toys!
- Pepper&bread man was really tired?
Interesting shot out....IMHO
I felt the Oto SE & Signature V2.0 was a good matched, at a certain SPL. Having said that, I think the Krells offer better drive. And the Triangles sounded sweet at the top and tight at the bottom.
The Manger CD really highlighted the transparency of the Signature but really fell short in other areas, Triangle was a better all rounder.
The Magellan is running in well, sounds different from the week before. Interesting to see what you going to pair it with come KLIAV. Cool
Looking forward to listening to your new purchases too!
Regards
cyh
cyh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jokiarch Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:08 pm

Dear All,

I was away attending 3-days conference and also visited trade exhibition which completely take up my entire second half of my last week! Sorry for the delay in my reply.

Car O Scope, I received your PM with thanks, and you even remembered to attach a map of the venue! Such fine friend you are. TX mate.

As said, when a group of audiophiles able to accept each and everyone's hifi journey, looking beyond the differences allows genuine sharing that unveils greater knowledge in music. Well done to all of you.

I wish I am able to visit you lot!

Max, thank you for giving chance to LS3/5A in the shoot-out. Reading between the lines, I know where this poor beebs stands among such fine pedigree from the stables of SF and Triangle; SS or valve does not matter as when a speakers is truly good, it is good with any kind of amplifier for as long as it is well engineered.

CYH, my autograph? Please don't give me such tall hat to wear, it would destroy me and also stops me from becoming better. I am still learning and therefore definitely not a sifu. Please call me Jo Ki, and it will do very nicely.

TK Loo, my friend! If you could drive me, I will be so privileged and honored. May be we could take turns and I will try to remember the journey so that I could drive you next time.

Looks like Seremban hifi fever is hotter than the "siew pow" out of a sudden!

Jo Ki
jokiarch
jokiarch
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by cyh Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:23 pm

CYH, my autograph? Please don't give me such tall hat to wear, it would
destroy me and also stops me from becoming better. I am still learning
and therefore definitely not a sifu. Please call me Jo Ki, and it will
do very nicely.
Jo Ki...what I actually meant was to bring your Tannoy autograph mini to seremban for a listen (if it's possible). I heard you have one and I was hoping you get the hint.... Wink Anyways, am a big fan of LS3/5A here too and you, for sure is one person to talk to on everything related to this legend.
Regards
cyh
cyh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hi-Fi 4 Sale Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:24 pm

Jo,

Your reputation was at -4!!! Just did a +1 on your post.

I wonder which sad soul has been insidiously doing numerous -1s... Mad
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 934
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Character sheet
Source(s): Streamer
Amplification: Amps
Speakers: Speakers

https://www.hifi4sale.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jokiarch Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:31 pm

cyh wrote:Jo Ki...what I actually meant was to bring your Tannoy autograph mini to seremban for a listen (if it's possible). I heard you have one and I was hoping you get the hint.... Wink Anyways, am a big fan of LS3/5A here too and you, for sure is one person to talk to on everything related to this legend.
Regards
Aiyoh, so shameful that I did not get the hint! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Sure, when I come round, I will lug my Mini Autograph with me.

Regards, Jo Ki
jokiarch
jokiarch
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:34 pm

Hi Jo,

No worries. Will keep you posted. The 'chefs' need to discuss a bit on the menu and some proper planning are needed. Very Happy

cyh wrote:
Regards

The blind test was absolutely hilarious!!

Not sure if the buyer has finally decided on which model. Hopefully, we can see it soon. Then, another session beckons!! Muahahahahaha... Twisted Evil
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jokiarch Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:36 pm

Hi-Fi 4 Sale wrote:Jo,

Your reputation was at -4!!! Just did a +1 on your post.

I wonder which sad soul has been insidiously doing numerous -1s... Mad
Ha...ha.. Thank you Hi-Fi 4 Sale for your kind gesture. I appreciate it very much. Your second intervention I remember.

I always have a lot of fans. And after years of having them around, I am use to their reception. They make me stronger Twisted Evil!!

Jo Ki
jokiarch
jokiarch
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by jokiarch Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:42 pm

car o scope wrote:Hi Jo,

No worries. Will keep you posted. The 'chefs' need to discuss a bit on the menu and some proper planning are needed. Very Happy

Thank you again Car O Scope. I am already hungry! Razz The blind test is essential and scientifically accepted method to eradicate personal preference and bias clouding our aural perception. Good job!! Indeed very professionally served cuisine.

Jo Ki
jokiarch
jokiarch
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikapoh Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:05 am

Anybody kind enuf to bring another BBC heritage speakers, Harbeth to do a shootout at Seremban? I'm anxious to know where it stands. *_*

Mikapoh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:45 am

cyh wrote:Hi Guys!
Had an enjoyable afternoon last Sunday! Thanks Max again for the opportunity & experience. Mmmm... after all these years, my 1st blind test..lol!
- Lowyat guys sure brought alot of toys!
- Pepper&bread man was really tired?
Interesting shot out....IMHO
I felt the Oto SE & Signature V2.0 was a good matched, at a certain SPL. Having said that, I think the Krells offer better drive. And the Triangles sounded sweet at the top and tight at the bottom.
The Manger CD really highlighted the transparency of the Signature but really fell short in other areas, Triangle was a better all rounder.
The Magellan is running in well, sounds different from the week before. Interesting to see what you going to pair it with come KLIAV. Cool
Regards
You are welcome.

Still need a lot of hours to run in the Magellan before the KLIAV. Only clocked about 100hours yesterday. Been 'exercising' it almost 10hours a day.

New purchase? Haha.... I might opt for slightly more expensive dual function unit rather the one from Down Under.

jokiarch wrote:Max, thank you for giving chance to LS3/5A in the shoot-out. Reading
between the lines, I know where this poor beebs stands among such fine
pedigree from the stables of SF and Triangle; SS or valve does not
matter as when a speakers is truly good, it is good with any kind of
amplifier for as long as it is well engineered.
Unc Jo, I still hold high regards on the prowess of LS3/5A's vocal. Perhaps, we can organize a special session next weekend or Sun? Then, we can have an audition of Mini Autograph.

mikapoh wrote:Anybody kind enuf to bring another BBC heritage speakers, Harbeth to do a
shootout at Seremban? I'm anxious to know where it stands. *_*
Send yours over lah! lol!

We can test a wide range of songs from rock, R&B, jazz, classic, heavy metal, etc.
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by jokiarch Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:11 pm

htkaki wrote:Unc Jo, I still hold high regards on the prowess of LS3/5A's vocal. Perhaps, we can organize a special session next weekend or Sun? Then, we can have an audition of Mini Autograph.
Hi Max,

Thank you for making special arrangement for me; as I had told Car O Scope, I should be making the efforts to be in Srbn on Friday to fit in your original schedule to show my sincerity, unless you are making this exception for greater mass of visitors.

I will definitely bring the Tannoy Mini Autograph with me.

Jo Ki
jokiarch
jokiarch
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:12 pm

I am hoping to do a bigger one on weekend or Sun to cater to those audiophiles at 'PJ poison den'. Hopefully, they are free to come over. (You know who you are Razz )

This week's menu is out :

Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 2 Tl50_010
(courtesy of rsbn589)

However, the gathering will be at another venue nearby. Next week, would be back again to the 'mini den'. Perhaps rsbn589 would be kind enough to bring both again over to try it out. Maybe we can do a comparison with the OTO SE.

Mr JBL (if you are reading this) sooner or later kena poisoned by tubes
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:36 pm

Last Sunday's session.

Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 2 Img_0713
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by cyh Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:48 pm

However, the gathering will be at another venue nearby
errrr Max...the 'chicken' den?

Finally! I get to listen to this little wonder? Or will I miss out on this chance??

Max, What makes you think he's not poisoned already?

Ai yoh! I think I'm going to miss all the fun........work meeting this weekend! Darn! The things I do to fuel my hobby....hai! Sad
cyh
cyh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:03 pm

cyh wrote:
However, the gathering will be at another venue nearby
errrr Max...the 'chicken' den?

Finally! I get to listen to this little wonder? Or will I miss out on this chance??

Max, What makes you think he's not poisoned already?

Ai yoh! I think I'm going to miss all the fun........work meeting this weekend! Darn! The things I do to fuel my hobby....hai! Sad
Yes, should be the other den. Not the 'floorstanding chicken' den (sounds like some sort of red light district) lol!

I hope Unc Jo can join us next weekend gathering as I also want to audition it too. Best is for Unc Jo to bring it to our usual mini den.

Btw, I have an unconfirmed report on a possibly high-end stereo hybrid int amp (200wpc) with DAC that costs about € 12,000 might be at our den for a brief stop.
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by chamts1 Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:32 am

Mikapoh wrote:Anybody kind enuf to bring another BBC heritage speakers, Harbeth to do a shootout at Seremban? I'm anxious to know where it stands. *_*

Hi Mikapoh, ... you r talking Harbeth LS3/5a ? or the replacement Harbeth P3? Very Happy Very Happy

jokiarch wrote:I will definitely bring the Tannoy Mini Autograph with me.

Jo Ki
Jo, advance thanks for your generousity to the Sban group, will be a big incentive for me gate crash Max party ...
Kind regards
Cham TS

chamts1
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:21 am

Cham, I think he is referring to the replacement Harbeth P3.

If the timing is right, you might also get a chance to audition the stereo hybrid.
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikapoh Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:25 am

chamts1 wrote:
Mikapoh wrote:Anybody kind enuf to bring another BBC heritage speakers, Harbeth to do a shootout at Seremban? I'm anxious to know where it stands. *_*

Hi Mikapoh, ... you r talking Harbeth LS3/5a ? or the replacement Harbeth P3? Very Happy Very Happy

Kind regards
Cham TS

These models have been discontinued and the P3 has replaced by P3ESR. I was hoping to see a pair of C7ES3 or SHL5 for a chance to join the elites. Having said this, LS3/5a is truly a legend of its own, Magellan is another class of its own.

You must be the guy who shows initial interest in Harbeth but has planned to get the LS3/5a Laughing

Mikapoh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikapoh Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:43 am

Hello guys, keep those fancy audio equipments, electronics, loudspeakers, cables etc coming in and share the views. I must say you guys have so far done a very great job here with the intention to experience and learn, without any personal prejudice.

We, the audio enthusiasts from cat's city have following this particular topic closely and really salute the way you guys managed the shoot-out gathering. Someone says it would nice to join the group. Another say why not organize one locally but cast doubt it would be materialized. Haha. Anyway, we heard your voice from the East.

Cheers.

Mikapoh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:40 am

Mikapoh wrote:These models have been discontinued and the P3 has replaced by P3ESR. I was hoping to see a pair of C7ES3 or SHL5 for a chance to join the elites. Having said this, LS3/5a is truly a legend of its own, Magellan is another class of its own.

You must be the guy who shows initial interest in Harbeth but has planned to get the LS3/5a Laughing
Nope, he is not the one. Cham's loudspeakers is another legendary one.

Mikapoh wrote:Hello guys, keep those fancy audio equipments, electronics,
loudspeakers, cables etc coming in and share the views. I must say you
guys have so far done a very great job here with the intention to
experience and learn, without any personal prejudice.

We, the
audio enthusiasts from cat's city have following this particular topic
closely and really salute the way you guys managed the shoot-out
gathering. Someone says it would nice to join the group. Another say why
not organize one locally but cast doubt it would be materialized. Haha.
Anyway, we heard your voice from the East.

Cheers.
Not all the time that we do shootout. Sometime, just only sharing CDs, and LPs. Apparently, most of us buy a lot of CDs and especially LPs lately. 6 more LPs otw.

Btw, who says ss camp difficult to mingle with tube camp? Our systems are nothing to shout about compare to many uber high-end systems but the enjoyment and sharing of knowledge are definitely priceless.

Like WongKN mentioned, always be open-minded.
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by chamts1 Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:24 pm

You must be the guy who shows initial interest in Harbeth but has planned to get the LS3/5a LaughingMikapoh

Hi Mikapoh,

Er, no.. another guy i guess.. but I still keeping a pair Rogers 11 ohm Rosewood LS3/5a in box, & also a pair of Harbeth HL-P3 hibernating also in box. I have listened the HL-P3ESR at Tropical Audio when it was launched.

The bigger Harbeths, sorry I don't have.

Kind regards.

chamts1
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by jokiarch Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:25 pm

htkaki wrote:
I hope Unc Jo can join us next weekend gathering as I also want to audition it too. Best is for Unc Jo to bring it to our usual mini den.

Btw, I have an unconfirmed report on a possibly high-end stereo hybrid int amp (200wpc) with DAC that costs about € 12,000 might be at our den for a brief stop.
Hi Max, I will put this in mind. If all goes well, I will be there with the Autograph.

If anyone could bring a pair of P3ESR, I would love to have a chance to listen to it too.

Please keep my posted if there is any changes?
jokiarch
jokiarch
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by jokiarch Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:31 pm

chamts1 wrote:Jo, advance thanks for your generousity to the Sban group, will be a big incentive for me gate crash Max party ...
Kind regards
Cham TS
Hi Cham,

No thanks needed. I am more than happy to bring the mini, or any of my LS3/5A for their miniature size that is relatively easy to carry.
jokiarch
jokiarch
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by jchong Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:55 pm

Boy, you guys are really happening in Seremban. Wish I could be there too.

jchong
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-03-22

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by tlkoo Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:10 pm

jokiarch wrote:
TK Loo, my friend! If you could drive me, I will be so privileged and honored. May be we could take turns and I will try to remember the journey so that I could drive you next time.

Looks like Seremban hifi fever is hotter than the "siew pow" out of a sudden!

Jo Ki

hey jo, my long lost friend, if the party is scheduled for next friday night, i may be ok Very Happy but surely not the following friday for me in cat-town then- regards/tlkoo

tlkoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jokiarch Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:31 pm

[quote="tlkoo"
hey jo, my long lost friend, if the party is scheduled for next friday night, i may be ok Very Happy but surely not the following friday for me in cat-town then- regards/tlkoo[/quote]
Hi Koo, I will sms you...

Jo
jokiarch
jokiarch
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:44 pm

All,

We shall set next Fri for the audition of Mini Autograph (Main Menu). Hopefully, the 'side dish' will be here on time. I'll try to order it asap.

rsbn589, you should have tk the photo of your handy LS3/5A 'exclusive' carrying bag for Unc Jo to see.

What else for 'appetisers' and 'desserts'? I think cyh has probably got a new toy to play with.

To make everyone comfy for the gathering, I actually bought these convenient chairs

Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 2 Nisse-folding-chair__74031_PE190778_S4

Hopefully, all of us would have a seat.
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by cyh Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:05 pm

Eh Max...sit on the floor also can lah for Mini Autograph!
Got no new toys to play for now....at least for now Sad
So to confirm------15th July is the day at the 'old' den, right? Want to make appointment to 'wash' ear first Smile
cyh
cyh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:13 pm

cyh wrote:Eh Max...sit on the floor also can lah for Mini Autograph!
So to confirm------15th July is the day at the 'old' den, right? Want to make appointment to 'wash' ear first Smile
Cannot lah. Must at abt ear level. Golden opportunity that should not go to waste.

Yes, tentatively confirmed since tlkoo is going to fetch Unc Jo. It is very easy to find our 'Wembley' (Mr Pepper and Bread coined this name Very Happy ) Football mah.

No new toys? Easy. I lend Trio to you first Cool I also have to go for ear candle treatment. Maybe we can get discount if we go together. I am joining the tube camp soon.
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by jokiarch Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:49 pm

htkaki wrote:All,

We shall set next Fri for the audition of Mini Autograph (Main Menu). Hopefully, the 'side dish' will be here on time. I'll try to order it asap.

rsbn589, you should have tk the photo of your handy LS3/5A 'exclusive' carrying bag for Unc Jo to see.

What else for 'appetisers' and 'desserts'? I think cyh has probably got a new toy to play with.

To make everyone comfy for the gathering, I actually bought these convenient chairs

Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 2 Nisse-folding-chair__74031_PE190778_S4

Hopefully, all of us would have a seat.
Hi Max,

I feel bad if the gathering would require you to spend money on chairs. I don't mind standing and wait for my turn to sit. If you have not buy any, could I stop you?

My Mini Autograph is real mini, so please do not expect too much. Do you want me to bring a pair of LS3/5A 60th Anniversary Edition just to beef up the menu? I know sbn589 won't touch this range.... Wink

May I know what amp would be put in service?

Jo Ki
jokiarch
jokiarch
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by tlkoo Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:19 pm

htkaki wrote:
cyh wrote:Eh Max...sit on the floor also can lah for Mini Autograph!
Cannot lah. Must at abt ear level. Golden opportunity that should not go to waste.

Yes, tentatively confirmed since tlkoo is going to fetch Unc Jo. It is very easy to find our 'Wembley' (Mr Pepper and Bread coined this name Very Happy ) Football mah.

much regrets, i have to back out thus delay my debut further Sad very sorry to parlour owner, organising committee, other srbn audiophiles & of course jo Sad something has just cropped up, i can't wait to visit srbn thus coming sun...

i'll join the next time, you guys have fun!!!

tlkoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jat Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:36 pm

cyh wrote:Hi Guys!
just a stupid question.

have the paradigm signature s6 v2 [s]been run in[/s] had any operating hour on it before being put for an audition?
DannyOP had just received the signature s6 a couple of days prior to the shootout and hard to believe the signatures had the proper time to open up. them pure berilium tweeters take quite a while to run in.
jat
jat
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:18 pm

The S6 V2.0 is a demo unit. That is why no more warranty. I was told that the S6 V3 was launched more than a year ago. The HF fr beryllium is outstanding nevertheless.

You must be a lyn member and close to Danny since you knew it belongs to Danny and it is a S6 model and not other signature models since we had never mention it before Very Happy

Last edited by htkaki on Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:01 am

Hi Jo,

Audio Note OTO SE Signature is in the 'menu'. Very Happy
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:06 am

Hmmm... Since there will some legendary speakers, we need to spice up the 'menu' as well. If just the A/N, where got fun, right? So.....

Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 2 Img_0714

Twisted Evil
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by cyh Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:42 am

just a stupid question.

have the paradigm signature s6 v2 [s]been run in[/s] had any operating hour on it before being put for an audition?
DannyOP
had just received the signature s6 a couple of days prior to the
shootout and hard to believe the signatures had the proper time to open
up. them pure berilium tweeters take quite a while to run in.
Danny have suspected that the s6 v2 are not well run in. He was told that the speakers are demo units. And because of that, as you maybe suggesting, it may not be a fair shoot out. Having said that, the 'blind' test primary reason was to hear the difference between the 2 pairs. And..... I have indicated to the 'panel' that the transparency & tonality of paradigm is what i like. In fact I felt it was the best with the oto. However with the Krells I felt the triangle did better. In the context of this shoot out, i felt the triangle was a better all rounder. Maybe it was well run in? Maybe paradigm was not run in? Maybe the electronics partners were not good match? Maybe...whatever..I have also indicated IMHO and my opinions is not necessary what the 'panel' thought. I'm not a reviewer, maybe I don't know how to express my views well and the 'fairness' of it all i may over look. If I offended anyone with my rants, my apologies. I'm sure you know Danny better than me, maybe you can ask him what transpired? I dunno who you are but I'm sure you know the paradigm better than me. There are alot Fridays coming up and.....I like to move on.
Regards
cyh
cyh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by cyh Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:55 am

...moving on......last friday night
Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 2 Photo015

4310D, 50+ & SL 1200 mk2 plus Mac the chain= rock heaven!
cyh
cyh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by cyh Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:59 am

...and coming Friday??.....
Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 2 Mni_au10
cyh
cyh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rsbn589 Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:11 am

car o scope wrote:Hi Jo,

Audio Note OTO SE Signature is in the 'menu'. Very Happy

I'm mentally weak. May I bring in the humble black Leak TL50+? It will be interesting to know how it matches with 60th AE Rogers besides the Tannoy mini Autograph and OTO. A nice pre is needed. I wish cyh's French lady will give face Laughing

rsbn589
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by cyh Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:20 am

I'm mentally weak. May I bring in the humble black Leak TL50+? It will
be interesting to know how it matches with 60th AE Rogers besides the
Tannoy mini Autograph and OTO. A nice pre is needed. I wish cyh's French
lady will give face Laughing
Dear rsbn....after last night, we don't think the 50+ is 'humble', more like 'mighty'! Wooo...this should be an interesting shoot out, seeing that both amps are well 'run in'. But this coming night, the star should be the Mini Autograph...can't wait! Thanks Jo Ki for your kind enthusiasm! BTW, rsbn, I'm not having an affair...I'm still faithful to my Italian lady Smile and yes my lady would like to meet your Englishman... bounce
Regards
cyh
cyh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rsbn589 Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:34 am

Oop! Sorry for mispelling! I might be still in day dreaming Sleep

rsbn589
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next