Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Led tv connection

2 posters

Go down

Led tv connection Empty Led tv connection

Post by ongaaron Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:04 pm

Hello everyone,

Just added a led tv to my audio system and need some advice. The tv only have a optical audio output and the only way i can line in to my stereo amp is through a dac with an optical input and stereo rca output. As you can see, this is my only option. As the optical output is the least prefered, i am wondering about the sound quality. Has anyone done this connection before?

ongaaron
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 425
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Character sheet
Source(s): MF AMSCD
Amplification: Audia Flight
Speakers: Wilson Benesch

Back to top Go down

Led tv connection Empty Re: Led tv connection

Post by JSoo1 Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:38 am

Sometime when not given a choice you have to use whatever available.

I think the only source you need to worry about is the normal OTA TV channel that come from the normal antenna and that one should be ok with optical as the SQ also not that good anyway. Those OTA TV channel do not have fancy audio codec that give super audio quality anyway.

The rest of the audio source like Astro and others will have its own boxes that would have proper audio output (RCA or such) that you can patch direct to your Int Amp, DAC or whatever.

So no issue using optical out of the TV provided you are not using it for good quality source and only using it for OTA TV channel, provided you still watch OTA TV Channel. For me I have the optical connected but I do not use as I do not watch OTA TV channel. (Unless rain so heavy that Astro also out).
JSoo1
JSoo1
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Character sheet
Source(s): Flatbox with LaserHead (inside)
Amplification: Heavy Blackbox with knobs (outside)
Speakers: Brownbox with hole (front)

Back to top Go down