Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Naim Nait 5i-2 (sold)

4 posters

Go down

Naim Nait 5i-2 (sold) Empty Naim Nait 5i-2 (sold)

Post by oracle Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:16 pm

Naim Nait 5i-2 (sold) Img_1110

Naim Nait 5i-2

Condition :8/10 (Original Naim powerplug, remote control, no box)

Price: RMsold

Last edited by oracle on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sold)
oracle
oracle
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 353
Registration date : 2010-12-14

Character sheet
Source(s): Naim
Amplification: Naim
Speakers: Dynaudio

Back to top Go down

Naim Nait 5i-2 (sold) Empty Re: Naim Nait 5i-2 (sold)

Post by SnowCatZ Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:08 pm

Wah.......! I want this! No budget. Hahahahah

SnowCatZ
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by mofaz Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:42 am

You got the XS ? Which Naim CD player you're using ?

mofaz
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 499
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Angry_Hifi Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:32 am

a Must to use HICAP on a XS ,pls go for it,otherwise you dont know how far your XS can stretch...really good upgrade if you havent,pls do not hesitate.

i have heard a XS+HICAP and it sounds better than a bared Supernait in my friend house. Even a bared Nac102/Hicap sounds better than a bared Nac82. Power means energies ,otherwise why some people spent madly few K on their power cord and conditional...the answer is, they respect"power - flow",no matter where they are,you will be reward a good sound...all energy come from "good" power.No power,all dead.
Naim known this strategies and that's why Julian prayed power like his god so every equipment he made[high end] seems Incorporated with some sort of power pack.
Naim=Dynamic=fast if only the powers is being taken care seriously. If anyone of your Naim sound weak... pls troubleshoot your power all the way from wall socket!!! find the weakest link then cure it..before adds any flatcap/Hicap that can brings out almost 200% if the ground work has done properly.
Angry_Hifi
Angry_Hifi
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2011-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by mofaz Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:39 pm

Btw does using a power surge protector e.g. belkin and plug in power cable from naim amp and cdp via the surge protector down grades the sound quality?

mofaz
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 499
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Angry_Hifi Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:22 pm

looking at all the way from wall plug. Anythings that the power passes through does effect the sound..for instant fuse ,metal being use and contact points.

i would suggest use plugs/inlet with a good plating ,material for all contact at least made of brass with good plating [gold/rhodium] . I know expensive but no choice and i do not ask you buy the top in line model,all brand actaully has variance so choose the mid one will do.

Surge protector itself will not harm the sound[bypass only] but the fuses yes pretty bad things.

some of us smart enough"bypass"fuses but i would not recommended for all,but at least it prove that it works. so pls skip those unnecessary fuse as many as possible.for instant if you have a "normal"fuse at UK plug and another end in your system[CDP/AMP],so pls bypass one of them and replace the other end with a better one.

Since we are looking at whole picture,your sound is just as good as the fuse,if you spent Rm2000 on any power cable and ignore the presence of "cheap"fuses, actually your RM2000 does not make enough justice into your system. and you must know you have penty of these bad fuses in your equipment..pls replace them quickly.
"Your incoming mains signal is only as good as the weakest link. You’ve made a considerable investment in all of your components, cables and power cords, and all of the incoming power goes though a cheap fuse. These cheap, glass-body fuses are a "weak link" in your signal path".....

Furutech launch the ultimate mains fuse. Rhodium plated pure silver conductors, which are both demagnetised and cryogenically treated. Now available in 10A size.

Furutech's answer to obtaining the best performance from a UK mains plug. Simply insert Furutech's Rhodium fuse into any standard UK three pin mains socket for increased power, dynamics and resolution.

* a (Alpha)Pure Silver Conductor
* Rhodium Plated
* Cryogenically treated and demagnetized
* Slow burn
"

The improvement in sounds escalating if all the contact point is taken into serious consideration.. especially plug to plug, point to point..i did not asked you do all these overnight, pls "improve"piece by piece one by one slowly..rather than dump a megabuck on a power cord. for instant you can use cheap kettle cord but make sure both terminal fitted with "quality"plugs...and work this way all the way from wall to your equipment, to an extend you need to change the inlet of your equipment to a better quality one..
but if your overall system is very cheap less than 2K..pls do not do it because you will not want as these upgrade easily more expensive than your whole system..so what can you do..buy contact cleaner,clean all the dirts off and it does improve a little but not to optimum as long as you did not invest further..japanese all very good at plating,thier product are excellent but not cheap..pls refer to furutech website,they have complete product,go read it and have better understand..i did not ask you buy but keep in mind-- Good Sounds never comes cheap,Pls do not take for granted.

if your cheap system sounds good,but it is just good to your ears only,you can not deny facts that contacts does play a parts to produce good sound it should, once you have done the basic things..then spend the $$ with the quality wires some are pure silver,silver plated pure copper,gold plated on pure silver etc...

and one cheapest way does not cost at all..

-speakers positioning,reevaluate..need to spend time
-equipment positioning at least free from vibration [many ways]
-do not stacking components
-keep all the contact point cleans
-keep electromagnetic devices away from your HiFi scene.
-keep CD cleans
-keep laser head clean
Angry_Hifi
Angry_Hifi

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2011-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down