Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Recommendation of China-made tube amp

+12
hoyhoysum
cheelun
- br@d -
cmboy
BrAvO
royroy
kancan
dixchen
wabun
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
ryder
7810sam
16 posters

Go down

Recommendation of China-made tube amp Empty Recommendation of China-made tube amp

Post by 7810sam Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:15 am

Need yr help to recommend integrated tube amp for a starter like me.
Budget RM2-3.5k. (I think only china made).
Have have read some reviews on Yarland, audiovega, audio space and xindak and got a big headache now.
My system speaker-Klipsch cornwall (70's)
CD player- thinking of Marantz SA7003SACD.
Music/song- vocal,instrumental and classical.

thks.

7810sam
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Recommendation of China-made tube amp Empty Re: Recommendation of China-made tube amp

Post by ryder Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:24 am

Not too sure why you have limited to China-made amps. I am not too familiar with your speakers but you may want to consider the Almarro A318B which is on the upper-end of your budget. It's a Japanese made tube integrated and very well made. 2nd hand units are more common in Singapore as there are no dealers in Malaysia.

ryder
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Recommendation of China-made tube amp Empty Re: Recommendation of China-made tube amp

Post by Hi-Fi 4 Sale Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:24 am

Ryder,
Almarro amps are available in Malaysia from Dong Fong Audio. Contact Ken Sin @ 012-4678788.
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 934
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Character sheet
Source(s): Streamer
Amplification: Amps
Speakers: Speakers

https://www.hifi4sale.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ryder Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:34 am

Thanks for the information. Didn't realise there is already a dealer for Almarro here.

ryder
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 748

Back to top Go down

Post by wabun Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:04 am

Philips AG9016 stereo tube amplifier
this babe drive vintage speaker to rock with its 2watts single ended
power...secondhand price is merely less than 1K5
worth every penny Recommendation of China-made tube amp Icon_razz

wabun
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Character sheet
Source(s): Mac mini - Bryston BDP - Calyx DAC 24/192 - Rega P8
Amplification: Jumpan Balance - ARC VT100Mk3 - Musical Fidelity FX
Speakers: JBL 4313B , Harbeth P3esr

Back to top Go down

Post by dixchen Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:37 am

If you're considering China players, then the only advise is to stay away from Yarland units as they are poorly made ( I had one, had a shock when I saw the internals not to mention poor sounding)
Audio Vega is basically Audio Space rebranded here in Malaysia , not bad but I prefer Ming Da and Spark/cayin as being just a touch better than the rest. Am talking in terms of build quality and part utilized in the amps.

If anything Consonance remains the best if I may say from China as their build and parts used are excellent but a little pricey.

In any case I find the main limitations of China made amps are its output transformer quality. Mediocre at best.

Like the other members have suggested its good to spend a little more on a more reputable brand, quality of sound is way different.

Good luck

dixchen
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by kancan Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:06 am

Im very lucky to own babe Philips AG9016 last 2 years ago...even 2 watts, small, vintage, and sentimental value. grab it.
kancan
kancan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by royroy Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:01 pm

dixchen wrote:If you're considering China players, then the only advise is to stay away from Yarland units as they are poorly made ( I had one, had a shock when I saw the internals not to mention poor sounding)
Audio Vega is basically Audio Space rebranded here in Malaysia , not bad but I prefer Ming Da and Spark/cayin as being just a touch better than the rest. Am talking in terms of build quality and part utilized in the amps.

If anything Consonance remains the best if I may say from China as their build and parts used are excellent but a little pricey.

In any case I find the main limitations of China made amps are its output transformer quality. Mediocre at best.

Like the other members have suggested its good to spend a little more on a more reputable brand, quality of sound is way different.

Good luck
really??that good i dint get the yarland tube at last...coz i am looking n survay sume quality tube also...the ming da n spark i heard before..i think the quality is better....

royroy
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by BrAvO Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:08 pm

Try this Bewitch KT88 out, selling at about RM3500 & it sounds pretty good. Pair with Rega Apollo CDP & Audio Physic Yara Evolution floor stander without fail.
BrAvO
BrAvO
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by wabun Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:19 pm

if still prefered china tube amp, Melody is not a bad choice..

wabun
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Character sheet
Source(s): Mac mini - Bryston BDP - Calyx DAC 24/192 - Rega P8
Amplification: Jumpan Balance - ARC VT100Mk3 - Musical Fidelity FX
Speakers: JBL 4313B , Harbeth P3esr

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:24 pm

IMHO, I've seen many China imported tube amps are just made to its price point with nasty parts and thats about it. They won't compare well to refurbished vintage sets the likes of 50's to 60's Leak, Quad, McIntosh, Dynaco and others. Unfortunately since the re-discovery of these vintages, the price of used units have soared to the point of absurdity due to demand, otherwise they'd actually cost peanuts if many didn't want these. Unfotunately also its very tough to get a vintage set at a steal price, unless you inherit one.
I went the DIY route and living with one for past many years already. Please don't ask me how, there's sufficient internet resources on obtaining parts and building one from scratch.
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by dixchen Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:22 pm

Actually nearly forgot till Bravo recommended, the Bewitch is also not bad at all. Heard the 2A3 push pull version at 15W, better than I thought it would sound.

Well, China against the classic American/British amps...well, its like heaven to earth, no comparison at all.

Guess the Chinese version of it is to cheaply flood the tube market with its low pricing. Price attraction is there for a lot of people.

DIY route remains the best performance to price ratio, you choose what you wish to build without wasting money upgrading chinese circuits that are sometimes just for the sake of being well, a tube circuit. Prob is, not many are diy capable.

Well if there is one CHinese amp that you had to pick well go Bewitch. not too pricey and not too bad sounding at all.

dixchen
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by - br@d - Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:27 pm

The Bewitch KT88/6550 so far has been good to me. Its actually the same as the highly rated new comer model Puresound A30 IMHO. Same factory in China, gwai lo design (Guy Seargent), the factory copy and rename the amp. Compared the internal components with an A30. Looks the same.

Upgraded the caps to Mundorfs. Big improvements. In time, can be upgraded either using a tube pre-amp and the Bewitch as power or/ invest on Border Patrol PSU unit to pair it with the Bewitch.

Even lampizator recommends the amp among the other Chinese brands.
http://www.lampizator.eu/AMPLIFIERS/CHINA/bewitch%206550/Bewitch.html

In any case for all China Chinese Amps, please make sure its 230-240v. Many of times the amp are 220v.
Good luck.

- br@d -
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by cheelun Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:33 pm

I think Almarro 318 B will roughly cost double of 7810sam's RM3500 budget if bought new. It is difficult to find a used unit here in M'sia.

For RM3.5k, may I recommend Euphonic Research Pre and Power. It is a made in Putrajaya amp, nicely done (nice wooden finishing), a hybrid that rocks like a very good SS but has the warmth of tubes.

There's one unit for sale not so long ago from a seller in KL. Too bad he couldn't ship it to KK, or else, I would have snapped it up!!

Cheers

cheelun
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by 7810sam Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:38 pm

Thks a lots guys. I think I'm in the right place to ask for the advice. Note down every bits and pieces. I'm speechless at the response/effort that you guys put it. I think this must be the place seek/share advice on hifi.
Now the next step is any sugesstion where to get this amp that you have recomend, new or second hand (bewitch,philips AG9016,DIY kit,consonance, euphonic).
Some back ground on my hi-fi craze. Fews years ago early 2000 back, busy working in singapore, I was invited to audition my colleague hifi set consist of custom made 300b western electric vlv amp, old JBL studio speaker, altec horn and cd player(not sure what brand) and to tell you, i fall in love with it. I did not venture into it till now becos do not hv time and space at that time in sg until now which i have all that with limited budget. I'm crazy about horn speakers, that the reason i bought klipsch. my wife and in-law almost collapse when i brought back the speakers.
Now I'm slowly taking my time look for amp and Cd player( which I already identify marantz sa7003sacd). I'm the type of person that would like to Diy and modify to improve the equipt.
Appreciate all the support from you guys and wish me all the best
in setting up my dream.

Thks.

7810sam
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by 7810sam Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:53 pm

Dear guys,

have more to add, the reason i limited myself to china made becos of the budget. If I can get other decent amp, why not.
Now i have big disadvantage becos my speakers is too huge to bring along for audition and did not come across any place that have this to audition with.
Any suggestion to solve my problem due to my craze of horn speakers.

Thks

7810sam
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by hoyhoysum Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:30 am

Why dont you try Xindak tube amp from asia sound. It is nicely price around your budget.
hoyhoysum
hoyhoysum
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 241

Character sheet
Source(s): Grundig 2070, Graetz Sinfonia Spizensuper 522, Saba Freiburg 14, Normende Phono Super V700
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by dixchen Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:40 am

If you have a Klipsch horn then, look no further go single ended 300B or 2A3 like I said, the Bewitch 2A3 really sounded not bad at all.

dixchen
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BrAvO Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:01 am

Yes Dixchen,

I have heard a modded Bewitch 2A3 before, really sweet sounding.
BrAvO
BrAvO
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by hoyhoysum Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:27 am

Why not second hand tube amps, might not be china made...Tubes amp last forever....
hoyhoysum
hoyhoysum
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 241

Character sheet
Source(s): Grundig 2070, Graetz Sinfonia Spizensuper 522, Saba Freiburg 14, Normende Phono Super V700
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by azri Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:47 am

any idea on XDSE KT88 Class A?
what is the different between bewitch 6550 & kt88?
it looks the same though
azri
azri
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by BrAvO Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:49 pm

I think the Bewitch KT88 & the 6550 is the same since both the tubes are interchangable.

I have been using the 6550 in my KT88 for a while. No problem at all.
BrAvO
BrAvO
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by 7810sam Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:48 pm

Any idea who is the agent for Sun Audio amp in malaysia?

7810sam
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by runemaster Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:51 pm

BrAvO wrote:I think the Bewitch KT88 & the 6550 is the same since both the tubes are interchangable.

They should be the same.

What do you think about the KT88? Is it bassy and boomy? What do you think of EL34 or EL84?

runemaster
Regular
Regular

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by BrAvO Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:39 am

runemaster wrote:
BrAvO wrote:I think the Bewitch KT88 & the 6550 is the same since both the tubes are interchangable.

They should be the same.

What do you think about the KT88? Is it bassy and boomy? What do you think of EL34 or EL84?

I think the KT88 is one of the more powerful tube in it class. It's give a lot of headroom & the bass is heavy too but it is good to have some bass to listem to some tracks rather than too clean sound.

I have not listen to any EL34 or El84 so I cannot give any words about it.
BrAvO
BrAvO
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jareekoo Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:34 pm

Hi all,

I know this is an old thread, but still looks interesting to me as a newcomer.

Has anyone ever tried Yaqin EL34B amps such as this one? :

http://www.china-highend-hifi.com/prod01123412422621345233.htm

Recommendation of China-made tube amp Y-MC-10T-001,w750

I'm still considering to have it for starting..I like the specs with EL34B and 12AT7 (which is interchangeable with 12AX7)..the looks, ok la...and the price just suit me well for a starter..Any local sellers in Malaysia?

I really appreciate any advice on this..Cheers!
Jareekoo
Jareekoo

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2012-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by kakibook Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:36 pm

what do you think of this one. of course, Lou wong selling melons.

http://www.yaqin.cn/view.asp?En-43.html

kakibook
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2009-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Jareekoo Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:16 pm

Hello Sir,

I'm still looking for this one, instead :-

http://www.yaqin.cn/view.asp?En-59.html

Keen to buy it from you if you have one. Btw, melons are good Razz
Jareekoo
Jareekoo

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2012-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by 7810sam Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:17 pm

Pay back time. I guess didn't inform you forum what is my outcome.
I ended up bought TRI TRV-A300SE int SET amp. Quite happy with it.

If you read thru the forum, don't limit youself to china made. There are some well made Japanese brand like Almarro or get some to DIY.

There one problem when you embark on Tubey amp, you tend to spend quite a lot on tube rolling. It is fun/pleasure but expensive.

Matching Speaker is important as well.
Hope you will find one to your liking.
Happy researching your new love. It's fun pass times.

7810sam
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down