Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Lenco spindle bearing cap replacement

5 posters

Go down

Lenco spindle bearing cap replacement Empty Lenco spindle bearing cap replacement

Post by sph Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:16 pm

Hi Lenco owners.

Has anyone changed the spindle bearing cap to a better one?

The original plastic bearing cap on my Lenco doesn't function very well. Oil leaks out from it. This is happening on both my units.
Has anyone done any mod to rectify this common Lenco problem?

Lenco spindle bearing cap replacement <a href=Lenco spindle bearing cap replacement Bearin11" />

sph
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Lenco spindle bearing cap replacement Empty Re: Lenco spindle bearing cap replacement

Post by mthoi Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:34 pm

Hi SPH, 

I had the same problem with my earlier Lenco 75 leaking oil. I went around looking for plastic caps but was not successful.  I gave up on the Lenco and move to a Garrard 401.

The other alternative is to change the spindle and bearing set.  

One of our forumer Dixon Chen, manufacturers a very good, very reasonably prices spindle/bearing set.  I bought a pair for my Garrards and it do sound better.

Check out Vinylsavor.  Or contact Dixon.

mthoi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Character sheet
Source(s): Marantz SAKI Pearl, Michell Gyro, Garrard 401, Lenco L75, Technics SL1200II
Amplification: c3g/F2a + C3m/300b PP biamp, 26 Preamp, 76 Preamp + 2A3/845, c3o/300b, Quad 34/606
Speakers: Harbeth SHL5, Altec A7 288-8G/1505B VOTT + JBL 2404H, Tyler Acoustics + Altec 288/Jabo Horns

Back to top Go down

Lenco spindle bearing cap replacement Empty Re: Lenco spindle bearing cap replacement

Post by mthoi Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:46 pm

SPH, 

it should be www.vinylengine.com (not vinylsavor).

mthoi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Character sheet
Source(s): Marantz SAKI Pearl, Michell Gyro, Garrard 401, Lenco L75, Technics SL1200II
Amplification: c3g/F2a + C3m/300b PP biamp, 26 Preamp, 76 Preamp + 2A3/845, c3o/300b, Quad 34/606
Speakers: Harbeth SHL5, Altec A7 288-8G/1505B VOTT + JBL 2404H, Tyler Acoustics + Altec 288/Jabo Horns

Back to top Go down

Post by sph Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:13 pm

Searched the web and found this :

This was mentioned in the Lenco forum. I am considering ordering this. Anybody else interested in getting this for their Lenco too?

Last edited by sph on Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total

sph
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by roger15ohm Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:19 pm

Sph.  

Use cable tap and tap it.  It might looks awful but the the Best and Cheapest way.  U might even have to tap it thick all the way up and down  to cover the whole cap.  You test your spindle have and friction noise Yet? What oil u Use?

roger15ohm
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by sph Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:27 am

I am now using a silicone cap for the spindle bearing housing.
It fits very tightly - no leaks so far. And the soft silicone acts as a vibration damper. So far so good - it's quiet. 
This cap is different from the ones on eBay I originally posted. The ones from eBay were 16mm - it fits but not tight enough. This new one is 15mm - it is a perfect tight fit.

The cap covers a greater length of the housing compared to the original Lenco plastic cap, damping a a large area of the housing.

I use synthetic oil for the bearing.

Lenco spindle bearing cap replacement Cap10

sph
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by dudie-dude Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:12 am

Hi there SPH,
Looks good and where did you manage to buy this
one?

dudie-dude
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2012-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by sph Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:42 pm

Dudie-dude,

I get them from the UK. I just sold off my spare unit to another forumer recently.
The spare cap was for my second Lenco but since my Lenco project is not in a hurry to complete, I sold it anyway.
I will be getting a replacement cap soon. You want one too? PM me ASAP if you are interested.

Cheers.

sph
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by jcwlow Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:04 am

Hi guys,

Or you could try inserting a rubber plug that you can easily get from any hardware store for 40 sen each...... 

Lenco spindle bearing cap replacement P1015511

jcwlow
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down