Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Boston Acoustics iDS2 iPod Speaker (Showroom Unit)

Go down

Boston Acoustics iDS2 iPod Speaker (Showroom Unit) Empty Boston Acoustics iDS2 iPod Speaker (Showroom Unit)

Post by steve126 Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:14 pm

Boston Acoustics iDS2 iPod Speaker (Showroom Unit) Boston10

Boston Acoustics iDS2 iPod Speaker

Now Boston Acoustics has released a sequel of sorts called the iDS2,which could either be understood as a stripped-down version of the Duo-i, or as a different type of product altogether. Though they differ slightly in size—iDS2 measures 5.5” (t) by 12.75” (w) by 5.8” (d), versus Duo-i’s 5.5” by 12.9” by 8”—they have the same shape, a gently curved box that tapers on the sides for twin speaker chambers, each housing a 3.5” full-range driver. iDS2 also preserves the top center-mounted iPod dock, complete with Universal Dock Adapter compatibility, composite video-out, auxiliary audio in, and an Infrared remote control. New is a USB port for iPod-to-computer synchronization functionality, though you’ll have to provide your own cable.

What we like about the iDS2 can be summed up in two words: design and sound. Just as with the Duo-i, there’s a certain level of clean class in the iDS2 that suggests that real industrial designers came up with the shape, selected the materials, and thought out the system’s cosmetic expandability—this is a unit we would enjoy having in a home. Though the white glossy cabinet seems dated, in a sense, by the iPod family’s shift away from white plastics over to metals, it is also a clean match for kitchen and bathroom tiles, common white walls, and other decor; the black version is a better match for current models, and either can be color-shifted with those replaceable grilles to match or accent a room. Our only concern is that the covers are held partially in place by a black adhesive that doesn’t look so hot on the white unit once the grille has been taken off; a little cleanup is needed.

Sonically, the iDS2 belongs to the category of speakers that we’d describe as “good right out of the box.” We plugged it in and, without comparing it to anything else, found that we generally liked the bass-slanted, clean sound, which can be turned up to the Duo-i’s ear-splitting maximum volume level with the same general caveats on increased distortion as amplitude increases. At normal listening levels, songs were presented in a full-bodied fashion, warmer than the default settings of the iDS2. While the twin driver design could benefit from additional treble—it doesn’t sound as well-equipped in this regard as the similarly warm Bose SoundDock—Boston Acoustics has tuned the system nicely given the audio hardware it’s working with.

Specifications

[b][b][b][b]Amplifier[/b][/b][/b][/b]2 x 15 watts (RMS)
[b][b][b][b]Dock[/b][/b][/b][/b]COMPATIBLE iPODS: Nano (1st, 2nd and 3rd generation), Touch (8gb and 16gb), Classic 5th generation and newer (30gb, 40gb, 60gb, 80gb and 160gb models)
[b][b][b][b]Extra[/b][/b][/b][/b]Seven adapters supplied to fit a variety of iPods.
[b][b][b][b]Sockets[/b][/b][/b][/b]REAR: Auxiliary in (via 2 x RCA/phono) Video out (via RCA/phono) for iPod photos and videos USB port (allows you to sync your iPod with iTunes whilst docked)
[b][b][b][b]Speakers[/b][/b][/b][/b]2 x 9cm full range drivers
[b][b][b][b]Supplied accessories[/b][/b][/b][/b]Remote control gives iPod track skip and volume control
[b][b][b][b]W x H x D (mm)[/b][/b][/b][/b]324 x 140 x 148
Offer Price : RM490.00

Steve Chua   (+6012.653.5703)
Jeremy Khor (+6010.374.7819)

CMY Audio & Visual S/B
S336,2nd Floor, 1 Utama Shopping Center (New Wing),
Bandar Utama, Lebuh Bandar Utama,
47800 Petaling Jaya, Selangor,
Malaysia.

Email :     [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Website : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Tel :  +603-7726 6893