Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

preamp or power amp together with integrated amp

+3
poi
azri
viboys88
7 posters

Go down

preamp or power amp together with integrated amp Empty preamp or power amp together with integrated amp

Post by viboys88 Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:16 am

I have a very stupid question is it possible to add pre amp or power amp together with integrated amp.I hinking of buying integrated amp just want to know whether can or not later if want to but preamp or power amp

viboys88
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-12-15

Back to top Go down

preamp or power amp together with integrated amp Empty Re: preamp or power amp together with integrated amp

Post by azri Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:20 am

if theres a pre out than its possible to do so
azri
azri
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

preamp or power amp together with integrated amp Empty Re: preamp or power amp together with integrated amp

Post by poi Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:58 am

my roksan kandy l3 integrated amp is connected to a quad tube preamp ( qc 24 ). soundstage is wider and deeper.

poi

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by viboys88 Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:06 pm

does it really effect the sound produce.what is the difference between preamp and power amp thank you in advance

viboys88
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by poi Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:19 pm

tried a few times to disconnect the preamp. did not like the sound. a bit flat and lack depth.

poi

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by dheensay Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:20 pm

In simple terms :

Pre-amp allows you to connect your source(s) and switch between them (ie. CDP, Astro, TT, MIC, DJ console or whatever else) before sending output to your power amp.

Power-amp takes the signal from source which is channelled thru the Preamp and deliveres maximum load to the speakers.

dheensay
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by viboys88 Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:28 pm

so there is possibility that the output if i pai pre+integrated or power+integrated is it

viboys88
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by sflam Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:09 pm

by viboys88 Today at 5:28 pm

so there is possibility that the output if i pai pre+integrated or power+integrated is it

first of all, i'm trying hard to understand yr query.
secondly, i will try to answer what i think u r asking.

from what i understand u plan to buy an integrated amp and later on, u may buy a pre and a power to add to it.

if u plan to buy a pre and a power amp later on, u might as well save more money and buy a pre and power instead of buying an integrated amp now and buying the pre/power later.

anyway, for an integrated amp to be able to be connected to either a pre or power amp, the integrated amp must have pre-out main-in jacks at the back. normally, these are connected with a u-shaped metal rod called the "jumper".

pull out the jumper. when u buy your preamp, connect the audio out jacks of the preamp with a pair of interconnects to the main-in of the integrated if you want to use the power amp module in the integrated. frankly i do not see the point of this method unless the integrated amp is of high quality.

if u want to connect a power amp to the integrated, connect the pre-out of the integrated with interconnects to the power amp. that means you are using the integrated as a preamp. this is the more sensible method.

bear in mind that the preamp sections of integrated amps are normally not as good as an actual preamp.

hope that answers yr question.

sflam
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2009-03-09

http://www.av2day.com

Back to top Go down

Post by viboys88 Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:13 pm

hehe sorry,it just that cause by money constraint i cant but both pre and power amp together,Thus ,I probably going to buy integrated amp first then buy pre or power amp to be use together with the integrated amp.Why the pre amp part for the integrated amp is not good

viboys88
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by sflam Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:25 pm

viboys88 wrote:

Why the pre amp part for the integrated amp is not good

a good preamp can cost more than an integrated. thus it will have better power supply and components. the design may also be better.

sflam
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2009-03-09

http://www.av2day.com

Back to top Go down

Post by viboys88 Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:32 pm

my budget is around rm3000 can you guys expert suggest me any integrated amp or combination of power+pre amp for this price
.Thank you again

viboys88
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by bassraptor Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:38 pm

just get an exposure 2010S2 integrated ... will keep you happy for a while ...

bassraptor
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

http://www.audiofi.net

Back to top Go down

Post by viboys88 Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:47 pm

bass raptor you think it will be better than all the options that i listed is it.where can i get it?how much it cost

viboys88
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by viboys88 Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:01 pm

haha i already check the exposure is 4000+ out of budget already men

viboys88
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by bassraptor Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:20 pm

Then maybe you can look at some NAD models ...

bassraptor
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

http://www.audiofi.net

Back to top Go down

Post by viboys88 Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:36 pm

NAD look cheap but the quality is ok .bass raptor is it NAD better than cambridge audio

viboys88
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by azri Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:08 am

Last edited by azri on Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
azri
azri
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by dheensay Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:20 pm

Quad 306 Power Amp & Quad 34 Preamp

OR

preamp or power amp together with integrated amp _Musical Fidelity X-CAN V8P Pre-Amp & X-PSU V8

you can click on the item and it will re-direct to the link.

If i had your budget, this is what i would go for.

dheensay
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by tycham Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:04 pm

Make an offer for the Quad. Quad is not fussy about cables so can save quite a handsome sum of money on these.
tycham
tycham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Character sheet
Source(s): Digital
Amplification: Solid State
Speakers: Bookshelf

Back to top Go down

Post by viboys88 Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:36 pm

as a first timer i really scared to buy 2nd hand item that worth 3000+.plus the quad series dont have distributor in malaysia it will troublesome if any problem occur.can anyone tell me what kind of problem that occur if buying pre and power amp.for example if cd player people scared to buy 2nd hand because of the cd transport usually spoilt

viboys88
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by tycham Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:08 pm

viboys88 wrote:as a first timer i really scared to buy 2nd hand item that worth 3000+.plus the quad series dont have distributor in malaysia it will troublesome if any problem occur.can anyone tell me what kind of problem that occur if buying pre and power amp.for example if cd player people scared to buy 2nd hand because of the cd transport usually spoilt

Quad is easy and cheap to service and maintain. Any competent technician can service them. The distributor here in S'pore would also outsource servicing to some technician who is not honest as I discovered when I sent my CD66 for servicing. Replaced some capacitors for me and after a few months one went kaput and I replaced it myself and found out that he had used a 1999 one for the replacement.
tycham
tycham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by dheensay Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:43 pm

Brudder, Buying second hand is not as scary as you think. Most people here are users and hifi geeks. So they always take good care of their rigs.

Also, you can test the items before you buy. Just ask for a demo at the persons house. This has been a long standing unspoken rule between hifi-kakis.

Anyway, wishing you all the best in your search. PS there is also a SUGDEN Pre-Power combo going for 1.65k which i myself am considering for my office. preamp or power amp together with integrated amp Icon_smile

Sugden C28 & P28 Pre Power Amplifier

dheensay
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by viboys88 Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:41 am

the thing is they might take the important part and replace with cheap part ,or maybe the part already spoilt affecting the sound

viboys88
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by tycham Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:27 am

viboys88 wrote:the thing is they might take the important part and replace with cheap part ,or maybe the part already spoilt affecting the sound

Quad uses cheap parts anyway so that shouldn't be a concern and the original parts are easily recognizable-just need to inspect the interior before buying.
tycham
tycham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by viboys88 Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:30 am

thats the thing I really not sure about the interior none of my friend actually is audiphile.if only sum1 can only help me buy 2nd hand item I wouldnt mind buying 2nd hand item

viboys88
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by dheensay Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:46 am

Viboy, Not everyone is unscrupulous. If you have doubts, then buy new. Perhaps you should audition what is being offered for sale, then decide for yourself if the item is worth buying.

dheensay
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down