Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

equipment makers that went for cheap labours!!

+20
Mahler 9
hifikrazy
scwong
mofaz
car o scope
wingman
chua55
mugenfoo
cmboy
ecoli123
adrian4454
swing123
chchyong89
perlis1977
gloraglory
WongKN
bassraptor
123_rocketman
poi
azri
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

equipment makers that went for cheap labours!! - Page 2 Empty Re: equipment makers that went for cheap labours!!

Post by alex_kff Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:12 pm

https://i.servimg.com/u/f60/14/30/45/87/copy_o11.jpg
https://i.servimg.com/u/f60/14/30/45/87/copy_o10.jpg

Azri,
Some China-made products are much more superior than the America/British-made products.... dont look down on them. Make a trip down to China and see for yourself.

alex_kff
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

equipment makers that went for cheap labours!! - Page 2 Empty Re: equipment makers that went for cheap labours!!

Post by azri Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:05 pm

alex, is that kasun's xovers?? no worries hey coz i have a pair of that for tweaking purpose & yes its off a good quality. my new floorstander is even made in china, so as far as im concern im enjoying it. but off course i changed the xovers for lower db & better performance.. cheers
azri
azri
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by azri Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:18 pm

tannoy mercury mx3 is made in bolehland
azri
azri
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by azri Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:04 am

usher - MIT
azri
azri
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by azri Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:05 am

sony LED tv - MIM, but not sure the KLV series
azri
azri
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by drife Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:35 pm

azri wrote:tannoy mercury mx3 is made in bolehland

Azri, good on you for keeping up this thread. Should we start another thread:

"Equipment Manufacturers in Disguise". I believe consumers deserve to know where their equipments come from. Can't hide everything under the bed coz someone someday is gonna wake up and realise that their branded amp/speakers wasn't even made in "that desired country" at all.

For example, those companies were probably owned by some smart guy from Kuala Selangor who had registered a company and website "in a desired country" and also had their product reviews done there.

I just happen to know too many people who would pay the extra $$$ just because those gears are "so called mat salleh" made.

This might "hurt" dealers and such equipment owners alike, but how about the new gullible consumer who is about to fork out the extra $$$ on that "mat salleh made" gear? Hey, RM150 is a lot of $$$ for a pair Crocs brought back from the USA (i didn't say USA made)

So, fella forumers and moderators: keep it real or keep quiet? to break the news or not? list down those sheep in wolves clothing or not? equipment makers that went for cheap labours!! - Page 2 Icon_eek

Guys, what's your take on this? Green light or Red light? Please PM me...

Last edited by drife on Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add last line)

drife
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 2068
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Character sheet
Source(s): USJ
Amplification: Subang Jaya
Speakers: Selangor

http://drifeaudio.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by azri Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:38 pm

i will keep update from time to time Wink
azri
azri
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by drife Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:00 pm

Acoustic Research Z sounds good? maybe we could pay a bit of royalty to avoid getting sued. Then register a website and an office address (Azri, can use your aussie home adress?). Then I'll start ordering nice solidly built cheap cabinets from Kedah. The sifus here in KL can easily clone the old AR crossovers. Drivers? Hmm... Alibaba.com got a lot. My friend has an empty factory lot in Sg. Buloh. Voila....

Start with the budget HT range, that's where most gullible consumers are. When ppl ask "AR? I thought there were defunct" just reply "No, still strong and have recently moved operations to Aust."

Azri, you wanna be second man? I could get some aussie guy good in diy speakers by the name of John Bloke to come out and make publicity... he can act as new AR CEO with 80years speaker design experience.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we present you the AR-Z HT1 Speakers. Veli cheap RM9999 for a set of 5pcs. Eventhough its costs around RM976.38 to build we believe they do sound like RM20K speakers.

And the dealers here can start ordering their Bentleys and Maybachs, plus one or two 3-storey bungalows too! equipment makers that went for cheap labours!! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

drife

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by azri Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:10 pm

that sounds 'expensive'. count me in lol! lol!
azri
azri
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by drife Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:37 pm

ehh nolah. just trying to keep it real... nicely put in a believable scenario. We know how hard it is to save up on $$$ for hifi. family, kids, mortgage, daily expenses....

its just that I know of too many ppl who would fall for this kinda marketing ploy and have parted with their hard earned cash, by hefty amounts!

drife

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by gloraglory Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:50 pm

its up to us to be mr bean or mr einstein.
many people look back to vintage or regret what they sell last year haha. equipment makers that went for cheap labours!! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
gloraglory
gloraglory
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2010-04-04

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by runemaster Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:01 am

drife wrote:Acoustic Research Z sounds good? maybe we could pay a bit of royalty to avoid getting sued. Then register a website and an office address (Azri, can use your aussie home adress?). Then I'll start ordering nice solidly built cheap cabinets from Kedah. The sifus here in KL can easily clone the old AR crossovers. Drivers? Hmm... Alibaba.com got a lot. My friend has an empty factory lot in Sg. Buloh. Voila....

Start with the budget HT range, that's where most gullible consumers are. When ppl ask "AR? I thought there were defunct" just reply "No, still strong and have recently moved operations to Aust."

Azri, you wanna be second man? I could get some aussie guy good in diy speakers by the name of John Bloke to come out and make publicity... he can act as new AR CEO with 80years speaker design experience.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we present you the AR-Z HT1 Speakers. Veli cheap RM9999 for a set of 5pcs. Eventhough its costs around RM976.38 to build we believe they do sound like RM20K speakers.

And the dealers here can start ordering their Bentleys and Maybachs, plus one or two 3-storey bungalows too! equipment makers that went for cheap labours!! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

nBien was made is Malaysia. Look what happened to it now. Once people know where it is made from, it seems that no matter how good it is, people seems reluctant to give it a try

runemaster
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2