Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group

+37
naza7174
Andy
elhefe
flyfly
green_ugly
Jareekoo
Apole
alfred
JediSavant
T.S.Yong
fizi
tycham
knight
carz
chenht
mpyw
adrian4454
sss333
cmboy
mugenfoo
jat
jchong
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
mohfudz
WongKN
cyh
rsbn589
shslpg
Mikapoh
zeebee
chamts1
jokiarch
car o scope
tlkoo
htkaki
41 posters

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 4 Empty Re: Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group

Post by htkaki Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:19 pm

jokiarch wrote:I would like to thank everyone for great music listening session last night especially Max and Ben for the hospitality, and not forgetting the delicious fish porridge!

I also enjoyed the company and glad to have met, Car O Scope, CYH, Cham, DIY guru among few old friends; I realised that I can recognized all of you lot, mostly from my past years doing KLIAV Shows... Good to see you all.

Of all the speakers we listened to, I like Rogers 60th Anniversary the least! It was just sounded too tight and not really open up like the rest in the set-up that night. I love the sound of Triangle Cello, I am sure this will be a crown puller for the coming show.

Thank you all,
Jo Ki

You are welcome Smile Please do feel free to join us again.

Yeah, the 60th Anniversary is less open up compared to the Chartwell. I suppose that it has not clock enough hours. Nevertheless, at least you do know that we do not 'bully' your loves with the Triangle Trio.

All of us were surprised by the distinct improvement brought by just changing the grill of the Chartwell with your Roger. I bet rsbn589 will look for it. Indeed eye opener for us.

The TL50+ really pushed all the speakers to work. Your passive pre amp is also worth mentioning that night.

Many thanks for the hospitality yesterday evening.
I apologise for the last minute change of plans and am grateful that
you guys accomodated us.

From what I heard yesterday evening, I
am happy and feel that you guys will NOT be humiliated at the end of
this month. In fact based on last year's show, I think you guys stands a
good chance to 'mix it up' with the top guys at the show. Of course
cannot be over-confident la, and expect things like 'best sound of the
show' and so forth. But I feel you should impress a lot of visitors,
based on SQ from the price and quality level of the system you plan to
display and play at the show. Keep it up guys !
Thank you for coming too.

It is good to hear that the system passed yours listening test. Ain't aiming for 'best sound of the show' since it is very subjective for each person. To be able to join the rank is already an achievement. Have to thank many unselfish audiophiles like you and many others for the guidance, opportunity to audition respective systems and also putting up to my many questions all these years. It helps a lot. It also been a pleasure talking to Jo Ki and sharing notes on that night.

We have been spending many hours to test it out and also to find the best combination. The major test will be in less than a fortnight from now. All items are on standby. We do hope that with the limited time that we have to set up the system at KLIAV, we could at least get it done well.

Thank you!
htkaki
htkaki
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 674
Registration date : 2009-01-22

http://www.htkaki.com

Back to top Go down

Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 4 Empty Re: Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group

Post by car o scope Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:38 pm

The Tannoy Mini Autograph provides very great details in the mids and highs. When we played a track consisted of vocal + guitar, it was silent and the tone of the guitar strings is rich.

After full time whistle.

Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 4 Img_0724
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1081
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by rsbn589 Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:13 am

IMHO;

Mini offers excellent mid and HF. The surprise visit is Cello Etude passive pre, which matches very well with TL50+ driving Mini on chamber music (strings and vocal). This combination is my pick of the night.

60th Rogers offers balance and dynamic modern sonic performance with less MSG and though not as smooth as the old LS3/5A.

The return of the Jedi (Chartwell) did not disappoint though. They were “hijack” after the party.

Leak TL50+ managed to tame Mini and LS3/5A, not for rockers but JBL.

rsbn589
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:29 am

rsbn589 wrote:IMHO;

Mini offers excellent mid and HF. The surprise visit is Cello Etude passive pre, which matches very well with TL50+ driving Mini on chamber music (strings and vocal). This combination is my pick of the night.

60th Rogers offers balance and dynamic modern sonic performance with less MSG and though not as smooth as the old LS3/5A.

The return of the Jedi (Chartwell) did not disappoint though. They were “hijack” after the party.

Leak TL50+ managed to tame Mini and LS3/5A, not for rockers but JBL.
Jo Ki really did a 'doraemon' that night with the Cello Etude.

IMHO, the Leak TL50+ did a fantastic job esp for both LS3/5A. Sounds larger than a standmount loudspeakers. Impressive scale and control. btw, the 'hijacker' is very quiet Very Happy
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by jokiarch Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:24 pm

Good brief recollections on the listening rsbn589! Indeed I would made similar statement.

Car O Scope, dual concentric drivers of Mini Autograph does allow pinpoint soundwave propagation. Although it sounded less weighty, it can shines within its own bandwidth dynamically. I likes how it does on strings too.

Max, Cello Etude was a last minute thing; I was already inside my car when the flashes occurs, I dashed and brought it with me. I wanted to hear the truer colour of Leak TL50+ which I had never heard before. Passive pre induce much lesser pre-amp's tonal colour as compared to some more complex pre. Having said that, Car O Scope's Graaf pre sounded stunning!

The grille of Rogers 60th is really an amazing secret weapon that is great. I am sure rsbn will be busy looking for it.

Jo
jokiarch
jokiarch
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by cyh Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:47 pm

'The Hijacker'

Wah!....still recovering from that night's activities!

Let me see- listened to 2 speaker pairs from Jo Ki, 1 from rsbn, 2 from
Max. 2 pre amps, 2 integrated amps, a pair of mono Leaks. Lots of music
and 1 very expensive cd from Triangle! pirat Phew!

Thank you to- Max again for the chance to have this listening session.
Your enthusiasm (along with c_o_s) really shone thru. Lugging speakers
in and out, doing this and that! I just want to say that your sincerity
and 'keenness' is head and shoulders above most people that I know.
You are one of the kakis.

Jo Ki- Ai Yoh! next time, no porridge! I'll take you out for a nice
'rice' dinner in Seremban! All the way from KL to Sbn to let us all hear
the 'little one' & the 'one of a kind 3/5a signature' plus the
surprise Cello, showed me what it means to share experiences. And hey!
He came early too! No airs about this guy. Thanks Jo! Looking forward to
meeting you again at the show.

rsbn- Wah brother! I forgot to mention, you also brought a pair of
Foundation stands! Hope your back is ok/recovering? Maybe Max can pass
to you a 'char kuat' coupon! Very Happy Again another real Sbn kaki! Guys like you here 'keeps the fire burning' so to speak Smile

Looking forward to next NS event!

P/S- rsbn....'old man' in safe hands!
Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 4 Chartw12
cyh
cyh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 326

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:04 pm

jokiarch wrote:Good brief recollections on the listening rsbn589! Indeed I would made similar statement.

Car O Scope, dual concentric drivers of Mini Autograph does allow pinpoint soundwave propagation. Although it sounded less weighty, it can shines within its own bandwidth dynamically. I likes how it does on strings too.

Max, Cello Etude was a last minute thing; I was already inside my car when the flashes occurs, I dashed and brought it with me. I wanted to hear the truer colour of Leak TL50+ which I had never heard before. Passive pre induce much lesser pre-amp's tonal colour as compared to some more complex pre. Having said that, Car O Scope's Graaf pre sounded stunning!

The grille of Rogers 60th is really an amazing secret weapon that is great. I am sure rsbn will be busy looking for it.

Jo
Luckily that you brought it. And I'll remind you on the special explicitly expensive CD prior to the show. A pair of Magellan if lost it lol!

Then, you can hack the wall to make it a bigger room to house it.

cyh wrote:The Hijacker'

Wah!....still recovering from that night's activities!

Let me see- listened to 2 speaker pairs from Jo Ki, 1 from rsbn, 2 from
Max. 2 pre amps, 2 integrated amps, a pair of mono Leaks. Lots of music
and 1 very expensive cd from Triangle! pirat Phew!

Thank you to- Max again for the chance to have this listening session.
Your enthusiasm (along with c_o_s) really shone thru. Lugging speakers
in and out, doing this and that! I just want to say that your sincerity
and 'keenness' is head and shoulders above most people that I know.
You are one of the kakis.

rsbn- Wah brother! I forgot to mention, you also brought a pair of
Foundation stands! Hope your back is ok/recovering? Maybe Max can pass
to you a 'char kuat' coupon! Very Happy Again another real Sbn kaki! Guys like you here 'keeps the fire burning' so to speak Smile

Looking forward to next NS event!

P/S- rsbn....'old man' in safe hands!
You are welcome.

Btw, these two might be able to be our side order for this week

Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 4 Aabf9e7f

Hopefully, Jo will be joining us again with some of his loves.

Talking about 'char kuat', our Wembley quite strategically placed lah. Just like rsbn observed, many restaurants to fill our appetite. Mamak restaurant a stone throw away. Then, if want to drink beer, just need to walk to opposite. Massage is only next to the pub. This one should be the decent one and not those hanky panky type. Karaoke also nearby. Good lah.
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:15 pm

cyh,

How's the poison emitted by the Chartwell with your system? Looks like we still have a few more stuffs to play with. Very Happy
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:20 pm

Mikapoh wrote:Hey guys,

Out of curiosity, do you think the speakers placement are too far apart from each other? I thought especially mini or small standmount speakers need to place closer to work coherently?

Quite a subjective one. Do you want to join us in one of our sessions to find out? Twisted Evil
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikapoh Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:00 am

car o scope wrote:
Mikapoh wrote:Hey guys,

Out of curiosity, do you think the speakers placement are too far apart from each other? I thought especially mini or small standmount speakers need to place closer to work coherently?

Quite a subjective one. Do you want to join us in one of our sessions to find out? Twisted Evil

It will be my privilege of course. I am planning one in near future provided you guys are still carrying on even after KLAV show. At the moment I can only observe from sideline.

Mikapoh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by jokiarch Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:48 am

cyh wrote:

Ha.. do you know that I had, unintentionally of course, written PORRIDGE over your name so that I could remember you well? No insult act, it is just how I could remember some of you as I seem to suffer from epilepsy on people's name!! Probably too many LS3/5Asss...?Laughing

The honour is mine to have! A group of diverse hifi persuits yet able to share openly in a civil and friendly manner is commendable indeed! I enjoyed the company and also learned from all of you. Thank you for allowing outstation guy like me to be apart of this event.

The Cello Etude is a passive pre which allows me to guage better the sonic quality of rsbn's Leak TL50+ amp; and I am glad that I brought it with me. TL50+ is impressive.
Jo Ki
jokiarch
jokiarch
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by jokiarch Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:59 am

htkaki wrote: Luckily that you brought it. And I'll remind you on the special explicitly expensive CD prior to the show. A pair of Magellan if lost it lol!

Then, you can hack the wall to make it a bigger room to house it.

Hopefully, Jo will be joining us again with some of his loves.

For those who were not present on 15th, I shall loan Max my Triangle - Musique Electroacoustique CD for the hifi show, but should he lost it, the replacement is a pair of Magellan by Triangle speakers.

This should explain better of what Max were saying. Now, anyone who think he is good enough for this Mission Impossible?Razz

Frankly, Magellan speakers is really stunning speakers for its looks and sound.
jokiarch
jokiarch
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:16 pm

Mikapoh wrote:It will be my privilege of course. I am planning one in near future provided you guys are still carrying on even after KLAV show. At the moment I can only observe from sideline.

Before you come, you must let the chefs know what sort of dishes you prefer in the 'menu'. Twisted Evil

jokiarch wrote:Ha.. do you know that I had, unintentionally of course, written PORRIDGE over your name so that I could remember you well? No insult act, it is just how I could remember some of you as I seem to suffer from epilepsy on people's name!! Probably too many LS3/5Asss...? Jo Ki

Should have asked you to take our photos and save in your phone. Razz But I think you will be able to memorize the names after meeting up a few more times. No worries.
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:54 pm

Mikapoh wrote:It will be my privilege of course. I am planning one in near future provided you guys are still carrying on even after KLAV show. At the moment I can only observe from sideline.
We shall take a short break next week due to KLIAV.

The gathering shall resume after KLIAV.

rsbn589 and cyh, I do hope Mr JBL pull the trigger on Harbeth. Then, we can have main course with it. This mikapoh would be surely dying to know the result lol! We pancing him a bit lah.

jokiarch wrote:For those who were not
present on 15th, I shall loan Max my Triangle - Musique
Electroacoustique CD for the hifi show, but should he lost it, the
replacement is a pair of Magellan by Triangle speakers.

This should explain better of what Max were saying. Now, anyone who think he is good enough for this Mission Impossible?Razz

Frankly, Magellan speakers is really stunning speakers for its looks and sound.
We shall set up a a perimeter in the room to avoid any 'smooth pickCD (Borrowed from 'pickpocket')

I have not listen to the CD until you brought it over. Only then I know why you bought it just after a brief listening. It is very good indeed as a test disc.

Thank you for the comment on Magellan Cello. Mr Ng had to withstand his sleepiness on that day to wait for the final test, which is the Magellan. Once finished, he darted away to go home lol!

btw, the 6 LPs (cyh & c_o_s) eta on Sat. Maybe we should properly set up the vinyl player at Wembley in near future.
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by cyh Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:42 pm

How's the poison emitted by the Chartwell with your system? Looks like we still have a few more stuffs to play with. Very Happy
The 'poison' is doing well. Have not really put it 'thru it's paces' as am busy with work assignments (need to finish work, so have peace of mind for next week's event)
Btw, these two might be able to be our side order for this week
I say! Have to give benchmark & wadia a miss, working this weekend. Maybe on Sunday? And also to collect records. sunny
cyh
cyh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikapoh Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:08 pm

htkaki wrote:
rsbn589 and cyh, I do hope Mr JBL pull the trigger on Harbeth. Then, we can have main course with it. This mikapoh would be surely dying to know the result lol! We pancing him a bit lah.
[

Hi Host,
On Behalf of all the Harbeth owners in this region, I would like to thank you for extending your invitation to Harbeth loudspeakers as well. It will be an honor to see a pair of Harbeths sharing BBC designed heritage to perform on main stage. Nevertheless, please do not 'bully' our love also to the extent of lining-up side by side with the majesty of Magellan Neutral

Hi Ryder, if you are reading this, would you be able to know someone in the Klang Valley who is kind enough to lug his Harbeths to Max Audio, Seremban for sharing notes? It will be a good experience to perform in an optimized room with the mouth-watering equipments rather than at the show.

BTW, Max is car o scope your younger bro, Ben who I met and chat during my last visit?

Mikapoh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:23 pm

jokiarch wrote:
cyh wrote:

Ha.. do you know that I had, unintentionally of course, written PORRIDGE over your name so that I could remember you well? No insult act, it is just how I could remember some of you as I seem to suffer from epilepsy on people's name!! Probably too many LS3/5Asss...?Laughing

The honour is mine to have! A group of diverse hifi persuits yet able to share openly in a civil and friendly manner is commendable indeed! I enjoyed the company and also learned from all of you. Thank you for allowing outstation guy like me to be apart of this event.

The Cello Etude is a passive pre which allows me to guage better the sonic quality of rsbn's Leak TL50+ amp; and I am glad that I brought it with me. TL50+ is impressive.
Jo Ki
Very mixed crowd that we had here indeed. Luckily, no flying fists and legs Very Happy However, we did tease and poke fun at each other. You do need that to release your stress after a hard day at work.

Doesn't matter where you are from as long as we can share this hobby. Cham made 2 quick detour thus far.

cyh wrote:I say! Have to give benchmark & wadia a miss, working this weekend. Maybe on Sunday? And also to collect records. sunny
The Benchmark DAC has to be returned to Flagship AV on coming Sat. However, the Wadia is here to stay until the KLIAV is over.

We did test it out yesterday. The Benchmark is seemingly faster in pace and clearer in vocal but sounds a bit 'cold'. Wadia 12 slow and more towards warm vocal. The Wadia is better at bass dept. It seems to dig deeper than the Benchmark. All in all, it is a matter of personal preference for this two.
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:30 pm

I think it was my 1st time listening to a passive pre-amp and what's better than starting off with a Cello Etude. Very Happy

Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 4 Img_0725
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jokiarch Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:54 pm

Hi C O S, this is one with true stepped attenuator that is fame from Cello, the same as found in their Pallete/Suite that cost so much more.

It needs time to settle down as this Etude has been sitting on shelf for the last 6-7 years. So I would not expect it to sound as good as it should be within minutes of usage. However, it did perform well enough on that night.

I Like to use passive mode to attenuate all Leak power amps due to the later's high gain nature. Also passive pre does not adds much charaters in the signal chain as it would as it tends to be more in subtracting mode than addition, henceforth it allows truer colour of the TL50+ to comes through.

Retrospectively speaking, it also says that the Graaf pre we used was pretty descent component because I did not cringed when it was brought in right after the Cello unlike some complex active pre-amp tends to.

However, if the power amp lacks drives, passive pre's nature, especially in the impedance swing relative to frequency, would be more apparent.

Jo
jokiarch
jokiarch
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:29 pm

IMHO, very humble opinion again, If I'm not mistaken the Cello (reading the spec and recall from somewhere) the impedance is on the extreme low, something like 10Kohm only. As I see it, the Cello excels greatly on its overall build quality and rare industrial build type potentiometer, nothing more. Given that kind of output impedance to patch with a tube power amp (especially vintage ones) is technically a BAD match for a variety of reasons. It can fare better patched to a SState power amp anytime. Personally I think a passive pre of at least 100kohm is a bare minimum to a tube power amp. For info, most vintage power amps, if have any volume control at the input, it would be anything from 500Kohm to 1Mohm pot for decent performance. But don't let me discourage anything or deny anyone here, if it sounds great and anyone thinks its happiness, so be it.
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by cyh Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:09 pm

I Like to use passive mode to attenuate all Leak power amps due to the
later's high gain nature. Also passive pre does not adds much charaters
in the signal chain as it would as it tends to be more in subtracting
mode than addition, henceforth it allows truer colour of the TL50+ to
comes through.
Jo Ki, I think you made it very clear. Mmmm.... funny, it sounded the way rsbn, Max & Jo Ki said it. I heard it, and if anyone were in the room that night should agree and that the Cello match very well with the vintage amps and speakers used. Or maybe we were wrong...or maybe we all shoud re read the spec sheet and try to recall in our deep recess of our minds that we are all living in an imagined happiness state and that porridge before hifi is bad for ones hearing and beef noodles is the way to go. Let's all feed the fish and walk the dog before considering matching a passive pre to a antique amp (sic).
It can be discouraging to find out that one do not need to be in the room to know what others are hearing are wrong. Ha! If that's the case, so be it, IMHO
cyh
cyh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:29 am

What's the menu for today? Are we going to Mr Wilson Audio? Btw, Mr Danish invited me to audition his newly acquired Reimyo 'Boeing' transport.

Been quite a while since my last visit to Mr Wilson. Perhaps we should ask him.
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by sss333 Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:58 pm

Using passive volume pot on tube amp sometimes can be chanllenging, impedance matching can be an issue, location to place the volume pot also can cerate be an issue. Example sometimes it can work when place between dac and tube buffer it may not work when place d between tube buffer and tube amp.

so far the lowest i had try is using 50k passive step attenuator (i'm still using it), it work well with my 300B or 1626 or tube pre and but location of placing the pot may vary according to the amp.

sss333
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2011-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:32 pm

sss333 wrote: it work well with my 300B or 1626 or tube pre and but location of placing the pot may vary according to the amp.
Varying the position of the pot does have its own set of drawbacks or advantages, all goes back to electronics fundamentals in design and construction of a great sounding amplifier. The volume pot (regardless how good it maybe) its imperative to be located nearest the source input at the 1st stage amplification transistor/stage/valve. The 1st stage at the input area is most sensitive to noise interferences and disturbances. Shortest signal path, well screened connection is most essential for trouble free performance. Add in all the long interconnect cables and what have you only encourage or result in source signal deterioration and some attenuation in varying degrees. IMHO, if there's to be a passive volume pot, ideally I would place that volume pot component within the amplifier closest to the input. Thereon, I won't need extra cables, external box, tweaks and whatever needed. Of course I may have to fore go a selector switch with multiple inputs. (unless the original passive pre is only a single in/out type). Having said this, pure valve amplifiers are always high impedance at input and by installing a very low resistance volume pot there will only negate its amplification potential and affect the frequency response curve. Do take a close and investigative look at numerous valve circuit diagrams incorporating some volume pot and take note of the values there. Its very rare or almost non existant its below 100kohm value pot. My 2 sen.
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:26 pm

The low impedance Cello Etude, consider is correct has 10kOhm Impedance; most likely means greater voltage transfer in passive stage out, which reduce power lost or signal reflection. The higher voltage transfer, may mean a purer signal... only the higher impedance Tube Amp input resisting it.
Generally, it mean powerful signal out has lesser degree of being distorted than low output.

hmm.. does it mean that at around 10 o-clock at the volume pot, the valve amp is operating at 60~80% power?

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:00 pm

htkaki wrote:What's the menu for today? Are we going to Mr Wilson Audio? Btw, Mr Danish invited me to audition his newly acquired Reimyo 'Boeing' transport.

Been quite a while since my last visit to Mr Wilson. Perhaps we should ask him.

Tonight, it's JBL in the 'menu'. Very Happy
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by cyh Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:40 am

Tonight, it's JBL in the 'menu'.
It's nice to know that we still have friends who prefer to listen and talk about the experience rather that people who just read manuals and tell (lecture) people that they are wrong about this and that. Wink
cyh
cyh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by cyh Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:43 am

What's the menu for today? Are we going to Mr Wilson Audio?
Max, I think, invitation is for VVIP people only Razz
cyh
cyh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:50 pm

cyh wrote:
Have not been there for a very long time already.
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:54 pm

cyh wrote:
I have only auditioned it twice. Perhaps I should ask again. If not, Mr JBL will do that for us.

Yesterday, Mr JBL is like a DJ in da house Very Happy Changing so many records for us to listen. The George Michael mini LP is the vinyl of the night lah. First time seeing such LP with such gaping hole. We made joke about it.

The Alison Krauss' LP is quite good.
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:12 pm

Talk about the 7 inch LP, the sound is a lot better with the clamper though the hole doesn't fit. It is quite risky as it may skid but fortunately, nothing bad happened. Forgot to request him to rock the house with Fleetwood Mac's The Chain. Very Happy
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by cyh Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:53 pm

c_o_s, your friend this afternoon said that his NHT SW2 is a seal subwoofer. It's not. Maybe he has a different model?
cyh
cyh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:32 am

Cyh, your LPs from US are here. You can come over today. Got something for you but it ain't poison. Very Happy
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:03 am

cyh wrote:c_o_s, your friend this afternoon said that his NHT SW2 is a seal subwoofer. It's not. Maybe he has a different model?
Well err.. Since it is his subwoofer, I would expect him to know the model better. Maybe it's a different model. By the way, I just got to know him on the same day that you met him.
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by cyh Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:21 pm

Cyh, your LPs from US are here. You can come over today. Got something for you but it ain't poison. Very Happy
Max! Thanks for the 'aint poison' thing! Speaking of LPs, anyone from Sbn can tell us where you get your 'poison'?
cyh
cyh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:11 pm

You are welcome.

Instead of the usual hi-fi, I do hope you enjoy the experience of the HT. By now you will know what do I mean when I said feel the rumbles and gunshots Very Happy

Interestingly, you are the first to sample the tweaked hi-fi system.
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by mpyw Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:02 pm

cyh wrote:
Max! Thanks for the 'aint poison' thing! Speaking of LPs, anyone from Sbn can tell us where you get your 'poison'?

Me aint's from Sbn but might have a clue of where the poison king got some of his poison from :p

And he poison me untill I scared of stepping to Sbn Razz

And my wife already locked my credit cards away because she won't be accompany me to the KLAV show this friday Sad

mpyw
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 88

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:41 pm

At this year's show, I hope I can get some of the albums that I listened to during our regular hi-fi party sessions.

mpyw,
Poison is poison. You can never get rid of the poison by just locking the credit cards away. Twisted Evil
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by cyh Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:06 pm

At this year's show, I hope I can get some of the albums that I listened to during our regular hi-fi party sessions.
If that's the case c_o_s, you better bring YOUR credit card! lol!
And in my case, I should bring 2!

Instead of the usual hi-fi, I do hope you enjoy the experience of the
HT. By now you will know what do I mean when I said feel the rumbles and
gunshots Very Happy
Yea! It was an eye/ear opener! I still have the 'bruises' & 'gunshot wounds' from that day!
cyh
cyh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by cyh Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:09 pm

And my wife already locked my credit cards away because she won't be accompany me to the KLAV show this friday Sad
BTW, mpyw, I hear 'Money Lenders' afro are at booth no. 3679B, basement floor lol!
cyh
cyh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:50 pm

cyh wrote:If that's the case c_o_s, you better bring YOUR credit card! lol!
And in my case, I should bring 2!

Received a pack full of CDs from my friend today. That also means my shopping list has just been extended.
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:19 pm

mpyw wrote:Me aint's from Sbn but might have a clue of where the poison king got some of his poison from :p

And he poison me until I scared of stepping to Sbn Razz

Very Happy Apa mau takut?

You should come and listen to my HT system and Hi-Fi lah.

Yea! It was an eye/ear opener! I still have the 'bruises' & 'gunshot wounds' from that day!
Must be the 50cal machine gun in The Hurt Locker.

Btw, change taste a bit for today :

Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 4 01061c71

and also these 2 :

Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 4 Fa7e0864
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikapoh Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:41 am

Now, HTkaki wants to poison him with "Hi-Fi" cheers

But I think you should coz he has stepped into this thread!

Mikapoh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by mpyw Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:12 am

actually am looking for a RM2k stereo system Embarassed

must have everything type, pre-pro-speakers, cheapo person looking for el-cheapo system Embarassed

mpyw
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 88

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikapoh Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:47 am

In that case, better stay far away from this poisonous Htkaki. Even his very entry-level amp, Exxpooo is costing more than 5k, not to mention those KLCC towers looking speakers....sweating.

I think the sales thread here is more decent place to shop around. :-)

Mikapoh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:21 am

Mikapoh wrote:Even his very entry-level amp, Exxpooo is costing more than 5k, not to mention those KLCC towers looking speakers....sweating.

I think the sales thread here is more decent place to shop around. :-)

You are very humble Very Happy .. Your Naims ain't budget stuffs either, right? Surprised
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:08 pm

Wembley is almost deserted now. The equipments will be moving to the venue today. See you guys (NSAG & others) at the KLIAV Show Very Happy

Maybe go and kacau Unc Jo (my not so distant neighbour at the venue) later today.

Tomorrow is going to be fun!
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:30 pm

Wah, you still got time to sign on. Has your brother talked to you yet ?
WongKN
WongKN

Number of posts : 1795
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by cyh Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:11 pm

Wah, you still got time to sign on. Has your brother talked to you yet ?
Wah Wong! You sound like his father! afro
cyh
cyh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:20 pm

Lol. Having dinner at Pavillion now. Going to fine tune it further tomorrow.

htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next