Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group

+37
naza7174
Andy
elhefe
flyfly
green_ugly
Jareekoo
Apole
alfred
JediSavant
T.S.Yong
fizi
tycham
knight
carz
chenht
mpyw
adrian4454
sss333
cmboy
mugenfoo
jat
jchong
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
mohfudz
WongKN
cyh
rsbn589
shslpg
Mikapoh
zeebee
chamts1
jokiarch
car o scope
tlkoo
htkaki
41 posters

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

Go down

Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 5 Empty Re: Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group

Post by WongKN Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:52 pm

Nolah, I was supposed to go help 'lend a ear'. I have been talking to COS so I asked Max to discuss with COS about timing arrangements. Unfortunately my meeting lasted longer than I thought and I was home too late to go again to help them.
WongKN
WongKN

Number of posts : 1795
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 5 Empty Re: Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group

Post by cyh Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:17 pm

Nolah, I was supposed to go help 'lend a ear'. I have been talking to
COS so I asked Max to discuss with COS about timing arrangements.
Unfortunately my meeting lasted longer than I thought and I was home too
late to go again to help them.
Very Happy
cyh
cyh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:17 pm

Reached home already. I ll load up the remaining few items tomorrow. Jo is very busy.
htkaki
htkaki
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 674

http://www.htkaki.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:31 pm

It's a pity your timetable tomorrow is not compatible with mine. I am all ready to lend my ears. But nevermind, I think you guys will do fine yourselves without a busybody like me, based on what I heard when I visited you a couple of weekends ago.

I myself am looking forward to the show. With my new-found ability to play the lowly 24/96 'hi-res' format, I am now interested to see what the latest in music server holds.

See you on Friday. Unless you suddenly have need for a pair of ears tomorrow morning, then you know how to contact me.
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:55 pm

WongKN wrote:It's a pity your timetable tomorrow is not compatible with mine. I am all ready to lend my ears. But nevermind, I think you guys will do fine yourselves without a busybody like me, based on what I heard when I visited you a couple of weekends ago.

I myself am looking forward to the show. With my new-found ability to play the lowly 24/96 'hi-res' format, I am now interested to see what the latest in music server holds.

See you on Friday. Unless you suddenly have need for a pair of ears tomorrow morning, then you know how to contact me.
No worries.. Will contact you tmr about Friday's plan. I will also contact the other two who also wanted to drop by.
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1081
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:57 pm

WongKN wrote:It's a pity your timetable tomorrow is not compatible with mine. I am all ready to lend my ears. But nevermind, I think you guys will do fine yourselves without a busybody like me, based on what I heard when I visited you a couple of weekends ago.

No worry. We can always have a special preview on early Friday morning Cool

I must thank you for all the poisons and guidance thus far Very Happy Also, to those who had given valuable tips and advice (you know who you are).

We did a few tests there to find the best matching combination as well as positions. Tomorrow is more on arrangement of display items. Then, we will try to fine tune it again to squeeze the best out of it. Maybe we will invite Unc Jo to give his comments.
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikapoh Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:29 pm

Max,

Although i could not have the privilege to attend the show this year, I would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your crews "ALL THE BEST" in the show kicking off on Friday.

I would like to offer you my last few tips albeit nothing big. Remember to do final round of cleaning all your test CDs to make sure they are perfectly clean. Always keep the room temperature in check to make sure the room is always cool enough. If possible, get some real plants. Not only they are useful to diffuse sound but they produce fresh oxygen and negative neutron. Visitors walk in will feel fresh! I am sure you've done the rest of your homework.

Go out and show you can mix with the top-guns. I think you have got one clear advantage, ie new blood......new brand this year. The public like something different, not the old same combination year after year. Basketball

That's all. Good luck!

Mikapoh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:45 am

Guys,

I am going tomorrow~, Friday. Going to take leave. I only recognise Jo punya muka... the rest tak kena. Anyone will be carrying rose or wearing it on the ear?? haha..

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:17 am

Jo is a distant away from mine. His is the second last room (8038) in Left Wing on your right. Mine is first left on same wing; 8031.
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:03 am

Hi HT, of course will recognise you base on ur Triangle speaker Smile setup~~

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by cyh Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:43 pm

I would like to offer you my last few tips albeit nothing big. Remember
to do final round of cleaning all your test CDs to make sure they are
perfectly clean. Always keep the room temperature in check to make sure
the room is always cool enough. If possible, get some real plants. Not
only they are useful to diffuse sound but they produce fresh oxygen and
negative neutron. Visitors walk in will feel fresh! I am sure you've
done the rest of your homework.
Wei Max! Don't forget beer and 'buk kuah'! Errr...i like Peroni Very Happy
cyh
cyh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:03 pm

You guys need to be sober during the show. Must not take something powerful. Very Happy By the way, while I was strolling around, I saw some heavyweights strutting their stuffs. The Show is coming alive!!
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:26 pm

NSAG has an unexpected gathering at KLIAV today. It's good to see all of you at the show today including the other audiophiles from NS. Very Happy

Someone went home with 12 LPs.
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by cyh Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:50 am

Good show Max!!!
Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 5 Triang10
cyh
cyh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:23 pm

Thank you, cyh. Btw, whose sexy leg is that eh? lol!

I am glad that it was quite well received. Many positive comments. Although not the top few systems at KLIAV, I do hope that Triangle will leave a good impression on many of the attendees.

In few weeks time, we might be able to test it with Electrocompaniet at Wembley.
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:03 pm

There were quite a number of NS people at the show. Some of them are probably having LP mania at home these few days. Razz
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jokiarch Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:13 am

Hi Max and COS,

Welldone!! Both of you had put up a good and respectable show.

I also like to thank you for being such great "neighbour", I enjoyed your company very much.

Jo Ki
jokiarch
jokiarch
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:30 am

jokiarch wrote:Hi Max and COS,

I also like to thank you for being such great "neighbour", I enjoyed your company very much.

Jo Ki
Thank you, Jo Smile The pressure is quite big for amateur like us to put a hi-fi system at the show. Many questioned the simple source and 'cheap' int amp to drive the Magellan Cello. The aim is to let people know that it sounds good even with such simple systems. With a even better system, it will definitely be even better.

I am glad that many did enjoy listening to it. We were so relief when many of you guys gave the 'approval' on Thur night.

While we were happily cracking jokes and testing some tweaks on that night, Willy was actually outside of our room. He did knock on the door and called you. But, I think we were too engrossed that we did not notice. Our apology to Willy.

Glad to meet your friends, Felix, Ng, Steven Ho and the rest. Next year, we better be close neighbours. Please do not bully my system.

On another note, thank you for the Triangle Musique CD. It is most unfortunate that it is still with me.

Last edited by htkaki on Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional comment)
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:44 pm

Jo,

Last Thursday night was very happening indeed. We had lots of laughter that night. Thanks a lot!!

Ah hah.. Now, back to the routine of 'menu' preparation. This week's menu has been a long awaited one. First and foremost, I would like to thank the owner for allowing us to have a Friday nite party at his place. It's gonna be Wilson Watt Puppy in the menu. Very Happy
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:46 pm

adrian4454 wrote:Hi HT, of course will recognise you base on ur Triangle speaker Smile setup~~

Hope you enjoyed the Triangles. Wink
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:50 pm

rsbn589, better bring our CDs for this coming gathering. I'll bring mine. Maybe we can try U2, Whitesnake, Dire Straits, etc since he has aplenty of Chinese CDs.

I bet Mr Reimyo will be there. Wonder Mr ProAc will join or not.
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by chenht Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:18 am

htkaki wrote:
jokiarch wrote:Hi Max and COS,

Jo Ki
Thank you, Jo Smile The pressure is quite big for amateur like us to put a hi-fi system at the show. Many questioned the simple source and 'cheap' int amp to drive the Magellan Cello. The aim is to let people know that it sounds good even with such simple systems. With a even better system, it will definitely be even better.

I am glad that many did enjoy listening to it. We were so relief when many of you guys gave the 'approval' on Thur night.

While we were happily cracking jokes and testing some tweaks on that night, Willy was actually outside of our room. He did knock on the door and called you. But, I think we were too engrossed that we did not notice. Our apology to Willy.

Glad to meet your friends, Felix, Ng, Steven Ho and the rest. Next year, we better be close neighbours. Please do not bully my system.

On another note, thank you for the Triangle Musique CD. It is most unfortunate that it is still with me.

I dun mean to be rude but the combination you had during the HIFI Show is not doing any justice to the Triangle speakers. The whoel combination sounds so bland.

I had very high expectation on the speakers and I actually visited your room twice on Friday and Saturday. Perhaps you could try other amp next time.
chenht
chenht
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Character sheet
Source(s): Cary Audio
Amplification: Eletrocompaniet
Speakers: Sonus Faber

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:34 am

htkaki wrote:

Yes, "totally unfortunate" for JoKi that someone didn't nick that CD. Otherwise Jo Ki would have earned a Grand Prize !! LOL.

Woii ! ... i think there's some things that you still hutang me also ! ... heh heh heh heh heh....
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 2668
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Character sheet
Source(s): Technics Compact-Cassette Deck
Amplification: DIY Kit 15Watt
Speakers: Pasar Road Special.

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:46 am

chenht wrote:
I dun mean to be rude but the combination you had during the HIFI Show is not doing any justice to the Triangle speakers. The whoel combination sounds so bland.

I had very high expectation on the speakers and I actually visited your room twice on Friday and Saturday. Perhaps you could try other amp next time.
We were supposed to use tube amp for it. Long story.

It's ok. No worry. Can you elaborate on the blandness? We all learn from our mistake in order to improve.

A single system that appeals to all masses is not easy. Not trying to be stubborn or arrogant here. I have visitors that commented the amp was too cheap while standing at the walkway too. Many comments were being shared. We could always use those constructive comments / viable ideas or advice. Btw, I do have a better pre & power amp at my shop.

It's our first year for hi-fi. Amateur like us need to gain a lot more experience to be at same level as those well known hi-fi shops such as Perfect Hi-Fi, CMY, A&L, Audio Perfectionist, etc.

Btw, which system you like most? Smile

jinjangfoo wrote:Yes, "totally unfortunate" for JoKi that someone didn't nick that CD. Otherwise Jo Ki would have earned a Grand Prize !! LOL.

Woii ! ... i think there's some things that you still hutang me also ! ... heh heh heh heh heh....
Thank you very much for the 'thing'. Will pass it back to you soon.

LOL... If he did get the 'coveted' prize, he needs to bring down a wall of his hi-fi room.
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by rsbn589 Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:52 am

htkaki wrote:rsbn589, better bring our CDs for this coming gathering. I'll bring mine. Maybe we can try U2, Whitesnake, Dire Straits, etc since he has aplenty of Chinese CDs.

I bet Mr Reimyo will be there. Wonder Mr ProAc will join or not.

Since Mr. JBL said LS3/5A couldn't play the 3 Kingdom CD, I will take it there to see how W. Puppy could tame it. To show my sincerity, I will wear Hush Puppy:lol:

rsbn589
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:12 am

rsbn589 wrote:Since Mr. JBL said LS3/5A couldn't play the 3 Kingdom CD, I will take it there to see how W. Puppy could tame it. To show my sincerity, I will wear Hush Puppy:lol:

Blardy funny lol!

Mr Wilson Audio do has a pair of HP sandals, ya know.

Luckily, I have HP t-shirt, short and sandals. We must have different genre of songs. Btw, cyh can't join us. Anyway, he has toys to play with.
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by cyh Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:29 am

Hi gang!
Unfortunately can't make it this week, family matters. Hope you guys enjoy this week's menu Very Happy. Don't know how long the fellow in this pic below will be at home but it's running fine Laughing Maybe another week?
Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 5 Triang11
cyh
cyh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:35 am

cyh wrote:Hi gang!
Unfortunately can't make it this week, family matters. Hope you guys enjoy this week's menu Very Happy. Don't know how long the fellow in this pic below will be at home but it's running fine Laughing Maybe another week?
Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 5 Triang11
You may have it til next Friday Smile
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:30 am

Aiyah, what lar, waste time bring this back, bring that back. Just bring MONEY la !!! lol!
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:42 am

htkaki wrote: ....
It's ok. No worry. Can you elaborate on the blandness? We all learn from our mistake in order to improve....

Max, now THIS is the way to go. It's a very good start with such open mindedness. Bear in mind many people are 'kind' to you this year, being a beginner, we all have lower expectations. So given that many probably didn't expect you to do well, esp with the simple (and old) equipment you used, your result both relative -AND ABSOLUTE- terms are actually very good already. For my case, from the bottom of my heart, and taking into account the equipment level you used, I HONESTLY feel you did very well indeed. The fact that my friend also say it is 'quite OK' says a lot already (since you know know how much credibility my good friend has).

Now is the time to learn from those who may not have such a high opinion of your system. Soichiro Honda has a saying that we learn most from our failures. So any less than positive opinions are very VALID viewpoints as well. Perhaps they heard certain specific CDs that are not 'compatible' with your system, or perhaps they were sitting in certain spots. I have the privilege to always get the sweet spot. You guys also treated my wife like a VIP and she also sat in the sweet spot and get to dictate what CD and song you play. Perhaps chen decided to be 'just a visitor' and took whatever conditions he had and listened from there.

These kind of information and feedback are invaluable for you to learn to be more complete as a hifi 'guy'. I do hope chen and anyone else who might not such a high opinion of the Triangle system, or any other system for that matter, can share their opinions and information openly. Don't worry, I will make sure there is no flaming here. Everybody is entitled to their opinion, good or bad.

The REAL bad news for you Max, is that with such a good showing in your first year as a 'hifi' exhibitor vs AV, you have set quite a good standard so you will have a lot more difficulty meeting expectations next year, which will naturally be a lot higher. But of course no challenge in life, where got shiok right ? Laughing
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by carz Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:10 pm

htkaki,

You should put your best foot forward if you are going to showcase your flagship speaker. You should use the best and most synergistic equipment you can get your hands on.

People judge the music that comes out of it, and may not discount for the lesser supporting equipment you use. It is the 1st impression that counts.

Power conditioning is very important .....it can make or break your system, especially at the show.

carz
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2010-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:03 pm

Actually I forgot. I could have loaned him something for the power....

This year a bit kelam-kabut lar. Next year will be a lot better.
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:13 pm

Max,

BTW, how many people you think knew the truth about your source ?
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:28 pm

WongKN wrote:Max,

Hahahahaha.. This is interesting. I would like to sit back and enjoy reading the comments on the source here. I can observe lots of things this way. Very Happy
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:13 pm

WongKN wrote:
htkaki wrote: ....
It's ok. No worry. Can you elaborate on the blandness? We all learn from our mistake in order to improve....

Max, now THIS is the way to go. It's a very good start with such open mindedness. Bear in mind many people are 'kind' to you this year, being a beginner, we all have lower expectations. So given that many probably didn't expect you to do well, esp with the simple (and old) equipment you used, your result both relative -AND ABSOLUTE- terms are actually very good already. For my case, from the bottom of my heart, and taking into account the equipment level you used, I HONESTLY feel you did very well indeed. The fact that my friend also say it is 'quite OK' says a lot already (since you know know how much credibility my good friend has).

Now is the time to learn from those who may not have such a high opinion of your system. Soichiro Honda has a saying that we learn most from our failures. So any less than positive opinions are very VALID viewpoints as well. Perhaps they heard certain specific CDs that are not 'compatible' with your system, or perhaps they were sitting in certain spots. I have the privilege to always get the sweet spot. You guys also treated my wife like a VIP and she also sat in the sweet spot and get to dictate what CD and song you play. Perhaps chen decided to be 'just a visitor' and took whatever conditions he had and listened from there.

These kind of information and feedback are invaluable for you to learn to be more complete as a hifi 'guy'. I do hope chen and anyone else who might not such a high opinion of the Triangle system, or any other system for that matter, can share their opinions and information openly. Don't worry, I will make sure there is no flaming here. Everybody is entitled to their opinion, good or bad.

The REAL bad news for you Max, is that with such a good showing in your first year as a 'hifi' exhibitor vs AV, you have set quite a good standard so you will have a lot more difficulty meeting expectations next year, which will naturally be a lot higher. But of course no challenge in life, where got shiok right ? Laughing
Your fussy friend, eh? Razz

I knew very well that there could be a 'backlash' when we decided to go with the system instead of a higher end system. Anyhow, there are bound to be some hits and misses. Else, we will not have choices to choose from. However, a constructive idea/comment is always welcome.

I am a curious chap (err. going to be uncle with the thinning hair) Else, I won't be moving my spkrs and subs every now and then and also tweaking here and there as part of experiment.

Wong Suk, i do agree that we need to push the bar higher each year. Luckily, we did not start off that well. So, it won't be a very heavy pressure. Prior to the show, we actually have few options. However, it did not turn out as planned. I will be testing one of the options in September courtesy of my good friend from another reputable shop. Hope it turns out good.

carz wrote:htkaki,

You should put your best foot forward if you are going to
showcase your flagship speaker. You should use the best and most
synergistic equipment you can get your hands on.

People
judge the music that comes out of it, and may not discount for the
lesser supporting equipment you use. It is the 1st impression that
counts.

Power conditioning is very important .....it can make or break your system, especially at the show.
I hope the above post explains the reason behind the 'shortfall' of best and synergistic equipment Smile

Power conditioning... taking note down. Any recommendation? Tks

WongKN wrote:Actually I forgot. I could have loaned him something for the power....

This year a bit kelam-kabut lar. Next year will be a lot better.

Max,

That's very generous of you. I must thank those who did bring their equipments for us to test out.

You reminds me of the funny gig that we did and Jo's reaction. Laughed so hard lah. I must say that I enjoyed this year KLIAV a lot better than the miserable last year.

Having those true friends and hobbyists (Poison den's group, Jo Ki's group, those few friendly exhibitors and my fellow customers who became my friends) around during the 5 days of KLIAV is priceless. Can't wait for next year.

Hay, what if we are neighbours should your Grandmaster Sifu decided to 'zhoong chut kong wu'. My room right smack in between his and Jo. But, sure kena 'bully' by them. lol!
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by mugenfoo Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:24 pm

htkaki,
how come after the show, there are suddenly so many gurus who magically appear and give advice over anything. Where have they been hiding for the past 362 days of the year? Wink

So for next year, you should put a "Suggestion Box" near the door, so people can fill in a form and drop their expert opinions in there. Then u can take an accurate sampling of whether generally people like/don't like the sound and any other sifu suggestions to improve the sound as well.

Good idea ?
mugenfoo
mugenfoo
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 2668
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Character sheet
Source(s): Technics Compact-Cassette Deck
Amplification: DIY Kit 15Watt
Speakers: Pasar Road Special.

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:05 pm

mugenfoo wrote:htkaki,
how come after the show, there are suddenly so many gurus who magically appear and give advice over anything. Where have they been hiding for the past 362 days of the year? Wink

So for next year, you should put a "Suggestion Box" near the door, so people can fill in a form and drop their expert opinions in there. Then u can take an accurate sampling of whether generally people like/don't like the sound and any other sifu suggestions to improve the sound as well.

Good idea ?
Suggestion box? Let me see.... probably end up with tube amp, ss amp, hybrid amp, organic standmount speakers, ribbon speakers, 'hybrid' speakers, open box spkrs, beryllium tweeter loaded spkr, 3 way spkr, electrostatic spkr, tube CDP, ss CDP, silver cable, silver coated copper cable, copper cable, turntable, hi-rez player, tube DAC, Hi-rez DAC, power conditioners, power filters, various power cords, various spkrs cables, bass traps, diffusors, absorption panels, ebony hi-fi rack, glass panel steel rack, acrylic paltform, granite slabs, marble slabs and wot do i miss? scratch

Joke aside, I got a packet of special coffee from your uncle. Very nice of him.
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:22 pm

Preparing the list of music for tomorrow's session. Hopefully, can learn a thing or two tmr. Very Happy
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:33 pm

htkaki wrote:---------snip,snip--------rack, acrylic paltform, granite slabs, marble slabs and wot do i miss? scratch

My suggestion, a decent mini compo!..no joke! I certainly play one often and its really a useful thing and music from the other side of the room, besides it doesn't guzzle electricity and make me contribute to TNB prosperity!Razz Slabs, slabs, I could spend money wisely on fine dining!
Once visited a huge stone vendor somewhere along the road to Batu Gajah, see every imaginable stone slab and rock you want till you drop, yes, can cash n carry from there too! I'll invest in slabs if I'm related to them..hahaha!
Just my pragmatic approach to life!
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:40 pm

cmboy wrote:
htkaki wrote:---------snip,snip--------rack, acrylic paltform, granite slabs, marble slabs and wot do i miss? scratch

My suggestion, a decent mini compo!..no joke! I certainly play one often and its really a useful thing and music from the other side of the room, besides it doesn't guzzle electricity and make me contribute to TNB prosperity!Razz Slabs, slabs, I could spend money wisely on fine dining!
Once visited a huge stone vendor somewhere along the road to Batu Gajah, see every imaginable stone slab and rock you want till you drop, yes, can cash n carry from there too! I'll invest in slabs if I'm related to them..hahaha!
Just my pragmatic approach to life!
Decent mini compo? Ah... that reminds me of my 1st 'foray' into hi-fi.

It's a '1000W' P.M.P.O mini 'hi-fi' from Sony. Used to 'zar' with Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer Embarassed
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by cmboy Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:52 pm

htkaki wrote:
It's a '1000W' P.M.P.O mini 'hi-fi' from Sony. Used to 'zar' with Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer Embarassed

Many, many years back I had a Sony FH7 mini system and enjoyed it because it was probably the best bang for the buck hifi I could afford. Years later when it gave up the ghost, I sorta stripped it down for parts and guess what?, the power supply components were superb piece of engineering and many entry level amplifiers of today don't even have anything near it.

Hey, its never a wrong thing to regard some "1000W PMPO" compo as "HIFI"! I've come across many walks of life who do treat and refer their prized 1000W to 3000W system as HIFI!, who am I to criticise or retort their view of some hifi? Live and let live..enjoy while still can ya?! Very Happy Very Happy
cmboy
cmboy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:12 pm

cmboy wrote:Many, many years back I had a Sony FH7 mini system and enjoyed it because it was probably the best bang for the buck hifi I could afford. Years later when it gave up the ghost, I sorta stripped it down for parts and guess what?, the power supply components were superb piece of engineering and many entry level amplifiers of today don't even have anything near it.

Hey, its never a wrong thing to regard some "1000W PMPO" compo as "HIFI"! I've come across many walks of life who do treat and refer their prized 1000W to 3000W system as HIFI!, who am I to criticise or retort their view of some hifi? Live and let live..enjoy while still can ya?! Very Happy Very Happy
In fact, i bought my very first CD on the same day I brought the Sony home. Very happy at that time. Just like going on a first date lah Very Happy
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikapoh Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:08 am

Rewind the time, I bought my 1st shoebox dedicated Sony cd player at SS2, PJ from Sony shop next to Poh Kong Diamond. Then, I walked to the Pasar Malam and sapu 3 CDs (Kenny G, Bon Jovi, Hokkein Songs). Very excited and bring to Kch to connect to old school Sony mini-hifi during holidays. In my secondary sch days, it is all 'bout pure analogue sound, cassettes!

Mikapoh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by cyh Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:24 pm

Oi!!! No report from last night??? That bad ah? Wink
cyh
cyh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rsbn589 Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:05 pm

Got! Got!

The w.puppier has done a great job that believed also some efforts contributed by Mr. JBL. Nice sonic performance from J.Warnes+Rob.W..man but not the 3-Kingdom. Fantastic listening room!

Sorry. No minicompo report:evil:

rsbn589
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:38 pm

Where is the cameraman?
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by htkaki Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:27 am

Sorry for the dim and poor photo.

Malaysia - Negeri Sembilan Audiophiles Group - Page 5 79b08569

His system really improved esp bass.
htkaki
htkaki

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:09 pm

I like the way he arranged his equipments so conveniently close to the listening position. Very confortable room indeed. Cool
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by WongKN Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:23 pm

Max,

Was this the owner you told me about last time ? Did he buy the subwoofer from you ?
WongKN
WongKN

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by car o scope Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:23 pm

cyh,

Please come back here. I know you have been wandering elsewhere. lol! You have any idea for this week's 'menu'? I have one already but you have already 'tasted' it. I will also ask the other chef for some more ideas tomorrow.
car o scope
car o scope
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next