Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here

+69
Firebirdslinger
Zen|th
Gilbert67
waters
kolabear
cyh
flatliner2009
flo1984
jaar
Hifi Freak
AustinHeights
kjagan
Ryanz
jakecmy
chrischin
cshoes
andlee2k
khthen
gettindirty
Mian
iwing88
mike67
AwesomeSound
geraldsaw
chiangeg
edddddy21
JSoo1
affirm
cyl1000
cmboy
Long
Enjoy the music
elhefe
chewkwokhon
WongKN
RadiancE
chung
wmw4500
Shamjohor
bassraptor
uncle_vic
hazy
kancan
adcomer
hijau
hangleng
mofaz
sph
zeebee
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
gloraglory
ahchee99
fizi
is_jalil
hoyhoysum
ongaaron
drife
Edwin Chen
arremie
CT-Boy
boxer
chrishlh
Michaelyong
wingman
azri
yoyoma
ryder
mantitan
CLH
73 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here - Page 3 Empty Re: Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here

Post by AwesomeSound Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:59 am

Thank you for sharing your experience. I wonder how we can protect ourselves when situations like these can potentially happen.

AwesomeSound

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2013-12-15

Back to top Go down

Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here - Page 3 Empty Re: Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here

Post by mike67 Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:45 am

Hi members,
myself had similar case about 2 years ago.
seller mention he has this item for sale at very low attractive price.
goods are ready to ship out from home, await payment in only.
but the address given was a bit strange, as the road name does'nt co-inside with the town he stay. upon further inquiries he finally got missing in action.
- would suggest members to counter check seller residing address so we can double     check.
- proceed with caution any item with very attractive low price
- check with local territory members on the seller given address
- h/phone numbers sometimes can give a hint whether seller is residing in the 
  location, eg, Kuching/ Sarawak seller usually with  h/p as 01x-8xxxxxx 
- proceed with caution if seller is new member with no track record

mike67
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 973
Registration date : 2009-07-07

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

http://www.washingtonaudio.com.my

Back to top Go down

Post by mofaz Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:00 pm

World full of con person big and small ...

mofaz
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 497
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by iwing88 Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:34 pm

better to COD.
thanks for the information about the con man.
iwing88
iwing88
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2014-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Mian Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:24 pm

Sorry to hear that Sad
Mian
Mian
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2012-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by gettindirty Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:19 pm

Sorry thats happen to u but also thank you for the important information. Will b more careful from now on. Take good care...

gettindirty
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2009-05-30

Character sheet
Source(s): Denon DCD-1600NE, Bluesound Node, Shanling M8 DAP
Amplification: Roksan Blak , Sound Artists SA-200IA, Yulong D200, Aune X8, Audioquest Dragonfly Red
Speakers: Proac D2R, Sonus Faber Lumina, Q Acoustics Concept 20, Q Acoustics M20, 64 Audio A12T, Fearless Audio S8F

Back to top Go down

Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here - Page 3 Empty Sorry to hear that

Post by khthen Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:53 am

bro, hope this person realize his mistake and return your money

khthen
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2013-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Hi-Fi 4 Sale Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:44 am

edddddy21 wrote:Dear All,

Please be informed that there is a conman preying on us in HiFi4Sale. I was cheated when I advertised in the WTB section. He speaks very politely and seems to know a lot about the item which he's selling. In my case, it was a Rythmik LV12S subwoofer. He approached me via Whatsapp, used a mobile number not belonging to him, sent me photos that are not cut and paste from the internet, asked me to pay to another person's bank account, and even gave me a tracking number from the point of origin (in my case, Kuching). After I completed payment, he informed me that he's travelling with his family and will only be back the following week. He said any issues can be resolved once he's back (yeah right). He's not reachable after that... 

Interestingly, he did mention that he's also having a Pioneer 1122k and Mordaunt Short Mezzo 2 for sale. Not sure if he's got some photos in place to trick his next victim. The DiGi number he used was: +6011 3192 8203. He called himself Mat (chinese fella).

All these are carefully planned to trick us. Just be careful if you're buying without the chance of inspecting the actual item. 

Ed

Do you have his H4S username, or was all correspondence done via the phone only?
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 934
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Character sheet
Source(s): Streamer
Amplification: Amps
Speakers: Speakers

https://www.hifi4sale.net

Back to top Go down

Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here - Page 3 Empty Conman

Post by edddddy21 Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:20 am

Unfortunately via handphone and Whatsapp...

As attached are some of the screenshots from Whatsapp. 

Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here - Page 3 Screen47
Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here - Page 3 Screen48
Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here - Page 3 Screen49Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here - Page 3 Screen50
edddddy21
edddddy21
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by andlee2k Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:55 pm

I hate to add some smart -alec precaution. But maybe in this case where got original box, surely maybe you can ask, to confirm item genuine, to pay him RM50 first- for him to send you the Instruction Manual, or even the Receipt first. Then only the completed delivery of the sub. Surely he can send you straight away, either the Guarantee Card, Instruction Manual immediately, else he can never do it. It's not easy to get hold of - especially Warranty Card. sine he said bought from "Sound Fusion".

andlee2k
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2011-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by andlee2k Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:56 pm

The Warranty Card with Sound Fusion chop (rubber stamp).

andlee2k
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2011-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by cshoes Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:23 am

Dear HIFI4SALE,

Appreciate for your action to move this post to General (non-equipment) Discussion. Thank you.

cshoes

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2014-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by chrischin Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:49 pm

dear hifi4sale member 
 a scammer from singapore phone number +65xxxx8113
always ask for confirm deal reserved ,but when ask for deposit
will reply "i prefer cod"refuse to pay advance ,if anyone make a 
phone deal(without paying any deposit)this gay :scratch:will tell when
and when................maybe hundred year later,once you sold to other
this gay scratch will told "we make a deal before,why now sold to other",
think many member also got happen like this.
to a busy gay in singapore with lol!

chrischin
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2012-12-20

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here - Page 3 Empty Beware of this Scammer

Post by jakecmy Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:34 am

Scrammer - https://www.hifi4sale.net/spa/cyfoo

He/she downloaded all the photos from

ukaudiomar, sg.carousel....

Last edited by jakecmy on Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add more info)

jakecmy

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2020-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanz Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:58 pm

Dear friend please be aware of this scammer as he claim to be Dylan with contact number 0173861143

Account 1.
cimb account : 8009810402
name : EK Light Pro Enterprise

Account 2.
hlb account : 20400016728

Account 3. 
maybank account : 512334324625
name :  Lim Wei Chieh
name EK Light Pro Enterprise

Ryanz
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2013-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Hi-Fi 4 Sale Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:04 pm

Ryanz wrote:Dear friend please be aware of this scammer as he claim to be Dylan with contact number 0173861143

Account 1.
cimb account : 8009810402

Account 2.
hlb account : 20400016728

Account 3. 
maybank account : 512334324625
name :  Lim Wei Chieh
name EK Light Pro Enterprise

Thanks for the heads-up, Ryanz.
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by kjagan Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:48 am

I was also cheated by this person for a value of 1.5K for purchasing the Cambridge CXA60 used amplifier. The account number and name used for the transfer are as below. The post was posted by the name CYFOO 0n 26 Feb 2020Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here - Page 3 Cheat110

Last edited by kjagan on Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total

kjagan

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by kjagan Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:52 am

THe other account number used is as below.  The post was posted by the name CYFOO 0n 26 Feb 2020

Lim Wei Chieh
CIMB
Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here - Page 3 Cheat210

kjagan

Back to top Go down

Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here - Page 3 Empty Scammer Suspected

Post by AustinHeights Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:51 am

Hi, just to share, received whatsapp msg from +6 017 3861143 offering some old JBL speakers model which I suspected a scammer 

- claimed he was referred by a local 2nd hand retailer to contact me if I am interested in his pair of JBL 4312
- switched to say it was typo error when I replied I was looking for 4410 or 4412, he actually meant JBL 4412, explained that he was not familiar with HIFI, then attached a photo of JBL 4412A packing boxes
- I told him, no not the A version, I wanted original JBL 4412
- He asked, what's A version, fake?
- I explained to him A version didn't have mid/high frequency level control & i attached a photo from web showing the mid/high frequency level control on original JBL 4412
- He replied he found though packing box printed 4412A, the speakers inside were actually 4412 & attached a photo of the speakers showing his claimed 
- I sceptical on his claimed & verified the 2 photos (4412A packing box & 4412 speakers photos) that he sent me
- Though I couldn't find exact same photos from web, I noticed a very alike photo of the 4412A packing box in web which was posted in an ad at Hifishark.com
- I suspect he had use this same photo, enlarged the image to cover up the venue background where the packing box photo were taken, but cosmetic dents on packing box were exactly at same spots between the photo I found in the ad at Hifishark.com 
- Thus I stopped communicating with him & blocked his contact in my ph 

Minutes later, received new whatsapp from +6 019 8065526 offering a pair of JBL 4410 for sale, I believe it's from the same person, I didn't respond at all to this 4410 offer 

Thank you for reading.

PS: If you like to view the whatsapp conversation I had with him, I can be contacted at +65 98384219

Regards, 
Allen
AustinHeights
AustinHeights
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2016-09-11

Character sheet
Source(s): NAD M50/M51
Amplification: Robertson Audio Forty-Ten2
Speakers: Dynaudio C1 Platinum

Back to top Go down

Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here - Page 3 Empty Yes, a real scammer

Post by Hifi Freak Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:15 am

Allen, yes a real scammer.  I have dealt with the same person (019-8065526), pretending to be in Melaka, father passed away and inherited millions, including exotic hifi stuffs which he has to sell at crazy cheap price.  Offered free shipping thru DHL, refused face-to-face interaction.

Once blocked by hifi4sale admin, he will create new userid in hifi4sale, switching between the 2 phones.  Now he does not advertise anymore, but selectively targets hifi4sale users through our phone numbers published in WTS or WTB.

He asks buyers to pay deposit into his business accounts; 2 accounts so far:

1) Maybank 557120058385, company account for Moonlight Spirit Enterprise

Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here - Page 3 Compan10
Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here - Page 3 Owner_11

2) CIMB 8009897831, company account for Versie Sport Trading, a company which is technically expired (business termination letter submitted to SSM), but the CIMB biz account is still active.  Most likely the business owner is the spouse / girlfriend / partner of the main scammer.

Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here - Page 3 Versie12Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here - Page 3 Versie11

I published this information since I am a victim and unable to get back my deposit.  Pursuing legal options now - police report made, Consumer Tribunal claim made, to be followed by filing a claim in small claims Court.  I am not disclosing my real name for security reasons.

To the SCAMMER:  BEWARE, we know who you are.

Regards.

Hifi Freak

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2020-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Hi-Fi 4 Sale Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:02 pm

Thanks, AustinHeights and Hifi Freak for these new details. We have merged your posts into this running topic.

Scam alert is high these days. While we cannot be sure, these few avenues point to the same source.

As usual, the buyer beware (caveat emptor) rule applies. If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is. Please don't trade your instincts for a 'deal'.

May we also add that for those of us in Malaysia, may you stay safe and stay home, during this MCO period.
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by jaar Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:36 am

Dear all

I am embarrassed to say that I got scammed recently.  Posted a WTB speaker cable and received a few messages from people.  Was interested in this guys product.  Below was the details i had:

Name : Wai Lian
MBB : 1121 1129 8538

He said that he stays in Taiping and can courier the item.  I am very cautious kind of guy but he sounded genuine and knows Hifi and shops etc.  I was taken and said that i can transfer RM500 first and the remaining once i receive the item.  The moment transfer was done. He wanted to sell me more stuffs but i said lets do 1 item at a time.  He still pushed and that was when i thought this was something different.  The next day i cant sent messages to him already.

Please be aware as now scammers are cleverer and knows the target weaknesses.

jaar

Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Hifi Freak Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:07 pm

Dear Jaar, 

It sounds like the same person who scammed me.  Please share the phone number being used now by this scammer.  

The Maybank account owner name seems very weird: New Wai Lian OR

Is there such a surname "New"?  How can Maybank allows such account to be opened?

Thanks.

Hifi Freak

Registration date : 2020-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by jaar Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:27 pm

Hi

For sure its a scam.  The person no longer uses the mobile number.  I think its a syndicate as like you said, which bank would allow the name New Wai Lian.

The mobile number is 019-453 0413.

Regards

jaar

Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by hoyhoysum Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:46 am

Maybe HIfi4 sale should come out with marking for verified member e.g. trusted seller and those not verified better COD.
hoyhoysum
hoyhoysum
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Source(s): Grundig 2070, Graetz Sinfonia Spizensuper 522, Saba Freiburg 14, Normende Phono Super V700
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here - Page 3 Empty BE AWARE OF SCAMMERS!!!gearpage and Taiwc92 are scammers!!!

Post by flo1984 Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:06 pm

THE FOLLOWINGS USERS ARE SCAMMERS : gearpage and Taiwc92 .DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM .Thank you

flo1984

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2020-10-09

flatliner2009 and yss7401 like this post

Back to top Go down

Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here - Page 3 Empty Another scammer

Post by flatliner2009 Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:04 pm

So is this scammer Micheal Kaevli Anak Jackson. 
Hifi4sale user mikeylvi. Maybank account 5644 7261 2533 (Versue Sport Trading). I got conned RM7K!

flatliner2009

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by cyh Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:25 pm

Got account number, can report police or not? 7k a lot of money bro
cyh
cyh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Jan Major likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mofaz Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:37 pm

Can tell us what happened ? So that we can learn not to make same mistake ?

mofaz
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 497
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Hi-Fi 4 Sale Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:29 am

Merged all similar posts into this topic.

Also, please take care and stay safe during this tough period.
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hi-Fi 4 Sale Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:41 am

hoyhoysum wrote:Maybe HIfi4 sale should come out with marking for verified member e.g. trusted seller and those not verified better COD.

While this verification exercise would be desirable, it is not possible. We as a forum are not privy to the actual transactions, and hence will not have sufficient data to validate any buyer or seller.

The concept of 'buyer beware' and community feedback still applies.
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Kenneth madrigal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kolabear Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:58 pm

best is to deal COD. if location is far ask view items in video and not just photos. make a video call. 
chat with seller on video conference and ask him show you the item. its still not 100% safe with this but at least from there you can make some assumptions and have screenshot of him.
kolabear
kolabear
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by waters Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:26 pm

Careful with user faizalabd 01172683379
https://www.hifi4sale.net/u13809

Contacted me with a B&W 601 S3 for sale. I offered RM1K. He initially agreed. He is in Seremban and says he needs cash urgently. Told me he can sell it to me for RM900/800. - Red flag. Why give discounts when I offered higher?

I asked for pics. He sent me obvious copypasta from
https://www.adverts.ie/home-audio/b-w-bowers-and-wilkins-dm-601-s3-speakers/4853249

I blocked him after that.

waters
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:56 pm

waters wrote:Careful with user faizalabd 01172683379

Contacted me with a B&W 601 S3 for sale. I offered RM1K. He initially agreed. He is in Seremban and says he needs cash urgently. Told me he can sell it to me for RM900/800. - Red flag. Why give discounts when I offered higher?

https://www.adverts.ie/home-audio/b-w-bowers-and-wilkins-dm-601-s3-speakers/4853249

Dear waters,

Thank you for highlighting this. I can't seem to find the ad he put up for sale. Could you please provide the link?

Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here - Page 3 Whatsa11
elhefe
elhefe

Number of posts : 1371
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Character sheet
Source(s): Kronos PRO, Clearaudio Solutions AMG Wood, SONY MD, SONY HAP Z1 ES, HiFi ROSE RS150, ROON Nucleus, Aavik D280 DAC
Amplification: McIntosh MA9000, SPL Audio Phono
Speakers: Borresen X3, PMC Twenty5 26i, PMC Twenty LCR, PMC Twenty Sub, ARCAM AVR20, JL Audio Sub, Ascendo Sub.

http://www.notanotherhifiblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by waters Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:10 pm

elhefe wrote:

Dear waters,

Thank you for highlighting this. I can't seem to find the ad he put up for sale. Could you please provide the link?
Hi,
There wasn't any ad. I put up a WTB and he responded to it via PM.

waters
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:38 pm

waters wrote:
elhefe wrote:

Dear waters,

Hi,
Ahhh my apology. He is offering you through WTB.

Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here - Page 3 Whatsa11
elhefe
elhefe

Number of posts : 1371
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Character sheet
Source(s): Kronos PRO, Clearaudio Solutions AMG Wood, SONY MD, SONY HAP Z1 ES, HiFi ROSE RS150, ROON Nucleus, Aavik D280 DAC
Amplification: McIntosh MA9000, SPL Audio Phono
Speakers: Borresen X3, PMC Twenty5 26i, PMC Twenty LCR, PMC Twenty Sub, ARCAM AVR20, JL Audio Sub, Ascendo Sub.

http://www.notanotherhifiblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by waters Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:23 am

elhefe wrote:
waters wrote:
elhefe wrote:

Dear waters,

Hi,
Ahhh my apology. He is offering you through WTB.
No worries bro. I guess we got to be careful with WTB. It can attract all sorts of responses.

waters
Club Member
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilbert67 Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:39 pm

Hi,
Same guy, Faizal with the same phone number just contacted me. I put WTB of AVR. He whatsapp me and  tried to sell me Marantz below market price. Even send the IC without me  asking, dont think is his IC. I just scan through Hifi4sale, then checked this forum...exactly the same phone number. Guess the same guy. I said will get a friend to do COD . Claimed he stay in Putra Height. Will see whether it's true when I ask a friend to check tomorrow.

Gilbert67

Registration date : 2020-11-19

Kenneth madrigal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilbert67 Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:44 pm

Yep, confirm con man. Said will  send his driver to deliver the unit to my friends house but want the payment first. I said COD. He even send his bank account.

Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here - Page 3 8SUaP7okycDwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Gilbert67

Registration date : 2020-11-19

Back to top Go down

Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here - Page 3 Empty SCAM User - faizalabd

Post by Zen|th Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:35 am

Hi fellow friends,

Just wanna share with u about this use faizalabd. He is a scammer and just scammed me yesterday 27th Nov. Since then he is not contactable

He wanted to sell to me an AVR but i was not careful and lost almost 1k...  Sad

His info
011 72683379
Bank Account 
CIMB 7624813080 Muhammad Faizal bin Abdullah
CIMB 7074677683 Roger Teh Boon Leng (partner)

Please dun get scammed by this guy/guys. 
Already made a police report and called the individual banks to make the necessary reports.

I was so excited to receive my very first AVR in this journey after months of research... sadly now i cannot afford another one after this scam... 

Its a very embarrassing situation that i was so careless but I wanna share with u all so that you do not get scammed by them or anyone else. Its really sickening.

Well i guess i need to put on hold my desire to start this AVR journey for sometime since the money scammed was my total savings for an avr...  Sad

Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here - Page 3 Screen10

Zen|th

Registration date : 2020-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Hi-Fi 4 Sale Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:52 pm

Zen|th wrote:Hi fellow friends,

Just wanna share with u about this use faizalabd. He is a scammer and just scammed me yesterday 27th Nov. Since then he is not contactable

His info
011 72683379
Bank Account 

Already made a police report and called the individual banks to make the necessary reports.

I was so excited to receive my very first AVR in this journey after months of research... sadly now i cannot afford another one after this scam... 

Its a very embarrassing situation that i was so careless but I wanna share with u all so that you do not get scammed by them or anyone else. Its really sickening.

Well i guess i need to put on hold my desire to start this AVR journey for sometime since the money scammed was my total savings for an avr...  Sad

Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here - Page 3 Screen10

Merged your post here.
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Firebirdslinger Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:26 pm

Same experience here, I posted a WTB for Epos ES11, faizalabd contacted me and said he had a pair for sale, rosewood colour with the original stand for 1k lol. Pushed me for a downpayment of 500 and said he will courier the speakers after which I can pay the rest of the money. I told him I will transfer that night but I didn't. Then he contacted me saying he caused me to lose Grab fees of RM80, I asked him for the Grab receipt then he started making threats saying his son is on his way to find me hahaha.

Firebirdslinger

Registration date : 2019-01-12

Back to top Go down

Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here - Page 3 Empty SCAMMER : NAME JOHNSON -

Post by jengofett Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:23 pm

I recently posted an add here WTB Meridian CDP.

This guy - Johnson (017 295 4519) email techjohnson1@gmail claimed he is from Endau Rompin/Kuantan etc etc.

He wanted to sell me a 507 price myr 1800 ... give all kind of stories and video somemore.

just be careful if we post want to buy... there are heartless people taking advantage of our desire to own. I have been playing HIFI nearly 30 odd years this is the first time I came across a scammer.
HIFI those days used to be nice bunch of enthusiast.

Regards

jengofett

Registration date : 2010-10-22

Back to top Go down

Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here - Page 3 Empty Beware of this guy

Post by Melvins Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:59 pm

Beware of..
Name:Kwong Wei Tai
Phone : 011 19606786
Account no : Maybank 162405196394
Address: 18 Lorong Vila Oren, 1, Taman Vila Oren 1, 14000 Bukit Mertajam, Penang ( he gave me this address not sure if is real address)

I just got scammed in buying speaker cable rm400.
He told me he is from Melaka.
He used a picture from the internet.
No cod only post.
Please alert on this guy I’m not his 1st victim.
Melvins
Melvins
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2016-04-18

tjbhuler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mokuto Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:38 pm

my mistake for not noticing this post.
I am also a victim got scammed by same person for RM500 for Mini-dsp.

KWONG WEI TAI
RHB BANK ACC : 1121 0700 2492 80

mokuto
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Known or Suspected Fraudsters/Con-Artists in the Hi-Fi Marketplace - Please Report Here - Page 3 Empty [Alert] Scammer

Post by mokuto Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:40 pm

Hello all, 

PLEASE BE CAUTION!
I am the 2nd victim got scammed by a person for RM500 for Mini-dsp.
my mistake for not checking out properly and trusting people so easily.

KWONG WEI TAI
RHB BANK ACC : 1121 0700 2492 80

mokuto
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by dylan99 Thu May 12, 2022 5:44 am

Zen|th wrote:Hi fellow friends,

His info
011 72683379
Bank Account 

Beware! Roger Teh Boon Leng is back! 

dylan99

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2022-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3