Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

amp suggestion

+3
adrian4454
JediSavant
se7enhafiz
7 posters

Go down

amp suggestion Empty amp suggestion

Post by se7enhafiz Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:07 pm

hi..currently i have nad c316 which is super budget amp..my speaker is kef q300..now i got some funding to improve my hifi..i would like to retain my kef since i want to test the limit of this speaker first with a good amp before deciding to change speaker..amp must be on warm side since my dacmagic gives sibilance to my system..any ideas what amp to choose for a budget of 3-4k? thanx..

se7enhafiz

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2012-01-01

Back to top Go down

amp suggestion Empty Re: amp suggestion

Post by JediSavant Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:47 pm

Hello!

My very strong recommendation would be the Exposure 2010s2 in that budget range. It punches above it's weight and provides a very forward dynamic sound, with 75 watts of juice.

Mine are driving a pair of Sonus faber Toy Towers, with a vinyl front end.
JediSavant
JediSavant
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Character sheet
Source(s): RegaPlanar3 w DenonDL103
Amplification: Exposure 2010s2
Speakers: SonusFaberToyTower

Back to top Go down

Post by se7enhafiz Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:05 am

the forward dynamic sound wont give any bright or sibilance sound? kef already quite bright for me..how much is the price and where can get it here? sadly,m from penang..not so much of choice here..

se7enhafiz

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:08 am

If u love the warmish sound, u need to be caution on exposure.. It is not really a forgiving fellow on the warm side.
U may try marantz 8003 or latest model, higher grade NAD, and even audiolab latest offering. But u
may lament about the lack of transparency or details. But it is too premature for me to judge. U really need to bring ur component over to try out. Best bet against heartache of unmatch system.

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by cyh Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:42 am

The question- "What would you suggest" has, over the years, forums, discussion threads etc...cause much joy, commiseration, tears etc to one and all. New found friends, friends to enemies, all with no end in sight. Very Happy I begin to sound like a 'dead' man (aka Socrates etc...philosopher etc). Hang over again.
Anyways....Jedi suggestions, I believe is based on his experience/his setup and it was positive. Thus naturally, he should recommend what he think is good.
OTOH, adrian's saying that one should "really need to bring ur component over to try out. Best bet against heartache of unmatch system." is even more valid.
Brother 7hafiz, so lug your stuff to an 'accommodating' hifi shop? Not easy to find one.
Read around (online is a good place to start), quitely visit some 'friendly hifi shops' (like i said, not easy to find), listen to friends setup (low or hi end, all good experiences) etc...
Ooook...my BS now.
I think you should keep your 'super budget amp' and have a look at your dacmagic, I'm guessing now, front end cause of sibilance?? . You didnt say what front end you have.
7hafiz, remember this, hifi is one heck of a journey, (sorry guys, just finished watching Kung Fu Panda last night) take your time, above all enjoy the music!!!!
Regards
cyh
cyh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by sph Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:16 pm

Every time such a question comes up, I shake my head.

The possible combinations are just endless. Just remember that the suggestions are just that - mere suggestions. Remember the saying "one man's meat, another man's poison".
I will not make any suggestions nor recommendations for that reason.

At the end of the day you will have to try out the combinations and judge for yourself whether you like what you hear.

Don't be lazy. But do yourself some research - there's yahoo and google to help you narrow down your choices. You make the choices.

Good luck.

sph
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by se7enhafiz Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:47 pm

could be my dacmagic as well..bought it last week..prior to that,my system never gave me that sibilance especially on vocal..try to tone it down by replacing silver plated cable to copper n it improves..here in penang,not so many choice..and most is not so friendly except for CMY gurney..i undesrtand hifi is all about our own taste and system matching and synergy..but if the choice is limited here,it would be pointless..m asking for suggestion is merely for my own preference on which amp should i look into when i go down to KL..

se7enhafiz

Back to top Go down

Post by JediSavant Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:25 pm

The guys at Wisma Audio in Island plaza are quite nice no?

They distribute Holfi, which is a pretty laid back yet musical amplifier.
JediSavant
JediSavant
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Character sheet
Source(s): RegaPlanar3 w DenonDL103
Amplification: Exposure 2010s2
Speakers: SonusFaberToyTower

Back to top Go down

Post by Chewkw Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:36 pm

Try up naim audio, you will love it or ........ hate it
Chewkw
Chewkw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Character sheet
Source(s): Naim CDS II
Amplification: Naim NAC52/NAP135
Speakers: Naim SBL

Back to top Go down

Post by bal Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:00 pm

Hafiz7 dude my dude,
as we speak, there are a few amps to audition right heeeeere in our fine forum. If i were in the market for an amp in your price range, i would seriously have a look at the Bewitch 6550 going in our very own fine forum for a decent enough price, backed by solid reviews from 6 moooons.

The shuguang kt88 looks quite appealing too. And them being toob amps, they would fit into the 'warm' sound that you require.

There you go.
Bal.

bal

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Character sheet
Source(s): CEC T2, Oppo blu ray, mac mini running Audirvana thro Teac ud 501 dac
Amplification: conrad Johnson, Oddessy Khartago mono b
Speakers: maggie 1.7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down